Page 15 of 85 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe we should take this as a sign that media with Mary Jane are more successful then those that don't ?
    Especially since Mary Jane gives the speech that defined the film and which is quoted in part by the winners in acceptance speeches at the Globes and the Oscars:

My husband Peter Parker was an ordinary person. He always said that it could be anyone behind the mask. He was just a kid who happened to get bit...He didn't ask for his powers. But he chose to be Spider-Man...My favorite thing about Peter is that he made us each feel powerful. We all have powers of one kind or the other and in our own way we are all Spider-Man, and we are all counting on you.

— Mary Jane Watson, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse

Maybe we should take this as a sign that media with Mary Jane are more successful then those that don't ?
    But it's another opportunity to say how dumb OMD was. You know I can't resist that.

BANNED

MJ finally won an oscar for her performance in a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    MJ finally won an oscar for her performance in a movie.
    Olivia Colman being MJ is news to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Olivia Colman being MJ is news to me.
    LOL, very nice.

Thanks for the laugh.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Mary Jane tends to have family members showing up out of nowhere.

It was fine when they introduced her sister and deadbeat Dad. But then the Wedding Issue, ASM #21 introduced her Uncle Spencer who officiated Peter and MJ's wedding. Uncle Spencer was a character in the newspaper strip and they introduced him for the one issue in the Wedding Annual, and never mentioned him again.

Kristy Watson is another example.

The most bizarre is Charles Vess' one-shot weird graphic novel: Spirits of the Earth. In that one Peter and MJ go to Scotland for a second honeymoon, and it turns out one of MJ's relatives gave her a Scottish castle in the will. Which is weird as hell. Is MJ's Dad a poor relation to the American-Scottish Watson family?

They haven't referred to that since, so I guess it's not canon. Although I think Charles Vess introduced the idea of Mary Jane being a pool shark since that's there in the comic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Mary Jane tends to have family members showing up out of nowhere.

It was fine when they introduced her sister and deadbeat Dad. But then the Wedding Issue, ASM #21 introduced her Uncle Spencer who officiated Peter and MJ's wedding. Uncle Spencer was a character in the newspaper strip and they introduced him for the one issue in the Wedding Annual, and never mentioned him again.

Kristy Watson is another example.

The most bizarre is Charles Vess' one-shot weird graphic novel: Spirits of the Earth. In that one Peter and MJ go to Scotland for a second honeymoon, and it turns out one of MJ's relatives gave her a Scottish castle in the will. Which is weird as hell. Is MJ's Dad a poor relation to the American-Scottish Watson family?

They haven't referred to that since, so I guess it's not canon. Although I think Charles Vess introduced the idea of Mary Jane being a pool shark since that's there in the comic.
    You have forgot to mention Cousin Kristy appearances in Spider-girl.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Is that guy supposed to actually be someone ?

If I remember correctly, Aunt May actually said she'd sock Mary Jane if she went through with the lingerie shoot (especially if it hurt Peter), or something to that effect .

BANNED

I got some real old school vibes from MJ in today's ASM....nagging a sick Peter for going out to look for Billy, waiting by the window...it's nice that she assured him she'd be right here waiting for him to come home though, and I liked that she admitted she had no idea how to cook Aunt Anna's chicken noodle soup and resorted to microwaving

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I got some real old school vibes from MJ in today's ASM....nagging a sick Peter for going out to look for Billy, waiting by the window...it's nice that she assured him she'd be right here waiting for him to come home though, and I liked that she admitted she had no idea how to cook Aunt Anna's chicken noodle soup and resorted to microwaving
    Is that Anna's equivalent to Aunt May's wheatcakes ?

Is that guy supposed to actually be someone ?

If I remember correctly, Aunt May actually said she'd sock Mary Jane if she went through with the lingerie shoot (especially if it hurt Peter), or something to that effect .
    I believe it was this:

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I believe it was this:
    This was it .

BANNED

Aunt May and Mary Jane's relationship was always delightful. It's that rare subversion of the annoying in-law which you see in so many bad shows. May always saw Mary Jane as a daughter, and MJ and May were always close friends.

They genuinely like each other and even in that one above, you can sense the love between them.