Page 22 of 85 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Dan Slott's Spider-Man was essentially University of Arizona College Football. Despised by Arizona State fans ( like me), and will never be considered on the level of Conway, Ditko and Lee just like U of A will never be on the level of USC, Oregon or Stanford. Basically Slott should have written Miles Morales. Why? This way he could have written Spider-Man without the human elements of MJ, Felicia and Peter ( which 90% of us emjoy).
    There was no chance of Slott touching Miles as long as Bendis is around. And look this isn't a thread to bash Slott even if I do think that his run on Spider-Man will date poorly. Slightly above the Clone Saga in my view.

Wrong. He did write Miles in Spider-Verse and that arc involving Regent (the same time when MJ briefly became Iron Spider). What wasn't going to happen was Slott getting Miles's solo book.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wrong. He did write Miles in Spider-Verse and that arc involving Regent (the same time when MJ briefly became Iron Spider)
    Yeah, the same story also implied there was a connection between 616 Peter, MJ and Regent with the ones from Renew Your Vows...a plot point that has yet to be picked up on (nothing came of it when the 616 and RYV Peters met in Spidergeddon)

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Yeah, the same story also implied there was a connection between 616 Peter, MJ and Regent with the ones from Renew Your Vows...a plot point that has yet to be picked up on (nothing came of it when the 616 and RYV Peters met in Spidergeddon)
    Considering that issue was written before Renew Your Vows became a full ongoing, and it seems most likely that Slott just forgot that it was supposed to be characters from separate realities and not reincarnations, I wouldn't look too deep into it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Considering that issue was written before Renew Your Vows became a full ongoing, and it seems most likely that Slott just forgot that it was supposed to be characters from separate realities and not reincarnations, I wouldn't look too deep into it.
    I dunno, Marvel were really banking on RYV being a hit when it came out, meaning they would have prepared potential plans for it down the line...we know it did have creative meddling that forced Conway off the book as they tried to bump the sales (quick, give MJ the symbiote), I think Slott did have an overall vision for what they wanted to do with it, potentially a merger, but it may have been too similar to what DC did with Superman (merging Rebirth and N52)

Maybe... which is why Spencer went with a gradual erosion of the Mephisto deal instead. We know something big will happen with Mephisto in the near future.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Maybe... which is why Spencer went with a gradual erosion of the Mephisto deal instead. We know something big will happen with Mephisto in the near future.
    I tend to agree as there are so many hints something big involving Mephisto and the Deal is coming. I have a (very rough) theory Centipede Guy/Girl could actually be a hero or anti-hero (not a villain at all) who might be trying to undermine Mephisto's long-term plan for the Spiders (whatever that may be).
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I dunno, Marvel were really banking on RYV being a hit when it came out, meaning they would have prepared potential plans for it down the line...we know it did have creative meddling that forced Conway off the book as they tried to bump the sales (quick, give MJ the symbiote), I think Slott did have an overall vision for what they wanted to do with it, potentially a merger, but it may have been too similar to what DC did with Superman (merging Rebirth and N52)
    I really doubt Slott was planning for a merger storyline. I just don't think that would've fit with his plans or conception of Spider-Man.

At best we might have gotten a team-up or crossover but that's it.

I wonder if the Regent thing was just an Easter egg and nothing else. Slott apparently loved to set up plot hooks and tidbits for his future stories, so it seems odd that that one would just be left hanging.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Peter's birthday present to MJ from the nn-canonical Silver Surfer mini Requiem

https://lowbrowcomics.com/2015/08/06...-power-cosmic/

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Peter's birthday present to MJ from the nn-canonical Silver Surfer mini Requiem

https://lowbrowcomics.com/2015/08/06...-power-cosmic/
    Written by J. Michael Straczynski, if I recall right. And probably the best moment in that series, at least as a Peter/MJ fan.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Written by J. Michael Straczynski, if I recall right. And probably the best moment in that series, at least as a Peter/MJ fan.
    Also one of JMS' all-time favorite bits. The comic itself is one of the great Surfer stories...

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Also one of JMS' all-time favorite bits. The comic itself is one of the great Surfer stories...
    Indeed, it is.

BANNED

Reminds me of a fanfic I read almost twenty years ago where Kraven's spirit latched onto Mary Jane to torment Peter. Wish I could recall the details of it, though.