Page 23 of 85 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I know this is MJ in a Kraven outfit but the cheetah pattern reminds me of DC's Cheetah...

She looks great in the outfit though. Especially those tight pants .

Astonishing Member

Geez!! Even when she's wearing the clothes of despised characters, like Kraven, MJ is still hot.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Question - are there any Peter/MJ friendly discord servers? I just realized that all of my comic discord servers are intensely hostile to Peter/MJ, and am sad now.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Question - are there any Peter/MJ friendly discord servers? I just realized that all of my comic discord servers are intensely hostile to Peter/MJ, and am sad now.
    I don't use Discord much. Just out of curiosity what sort of pairings if any are the Spidey Discord Servers into?
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I don't use Discord much. Just out of curiosity what sort of pairings if any are the Spidey Discord Servers into?
    I'm not in a Spidey Discord - given the last 10 years have changed the entire shape of Spidey fandom, and I already know what the n52 did to DC fandom opinions, I haven't dared join.

The generic reddit.com/r/comicbooks discord I'm part of is throwing trash on Peter/MJ from the great height of Black Cat/Peter, Gwen/Peter, Captain Marvel/Peter, and Mockingbird/Peter.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

I'm not in a Spidey Discord - given the last 10 years have changed the entire shape of Spidey fandom, and I already know what the n52 did to DC fandom opinions, I haven't dared join.

The generic reddit.com/r/comicbooks discord I'm part of is throwing trash on Peter/MJ from the great height of Black Cat/Peter, Gwen/Peter, Captain Marvel/Peter, and Mockingbird/Peter.
    Thank you for enlightening me. Interesting how Peter/MJ seems to dominant around here but Peter/Black Cat (which gets very little love) and Peter/Gwen (which plays a distant second fiddle) are more popular there. If anything I would have thought Peter/MJ (the Michelle Jones version) would be the most popular due to the new movie series, huh, go figure...
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Thank you for enlightening me. Interesting how Peter/MJ seems to dominant around here but Peter/Black Cat (which gets very little love) and Peter/Gwen (which plays a distant second fiddle) are more popular there. If anything I would have thought Peter/MJ (the Michelle Jones version) would be the most popular due to the new movie series, huh, go figure...
    I think that this message board format tends to hold onto the longer term fanbase more than the newer stuff like Discord.

I'm in the comic books servers, not the comic movies, so I dunno what the general thoughts on the movies is.

BANNED

I should be mad, but I can honestly understand their viewpoint...not because I think Peter/MJ is invalid or anything, but a lot of these users are likely younger fans who have grown up ten years without that pairing in the spotlight and aren't used to it being back (and without much build at that), they've likely been too exposed to the "bitchy" MJ of the BND and Slott years, plus many of them will have bought into Marvel's revisionist history of the character during the Quesada and Alonzo years which tried to paint her as being incapable of handling Peter's life.

I should be mad, but I can honestly understand their viewpoint...not because I think Peter/MJ is invalid or anything, but a lot of these users are likely younger fans who have grown up ten years without that pairing in the spotlight and aren't used to it being back (and without much build at that), they've likely been too exposed to the "bitchy" MJ of the BND and Slott years, plus many of them will have bought into Marvel's revisionist history of the character during the Quesada and Alonzo years which tried to paint her as being incapable of handling Peter's life.
    I think there's also the fact that my generation of Spidey fans, the ones who may have come into the comics from the movies in 2002-2007 - aren't the majority anymore. Hopefully things like the video game and Into the Spider-Verse can change that, but it's been a while since something sorta close to comics MJ has been a major entry point for new fans (I know lots of people don't like video game MJ, but I love her. )

BANNED

I think there's also the fact that my generation of Spidey fans, the ones who may have come into the comics from the movies in 2002-2007 - aren't the majority anymore.
    Yeah, that was kind of my point (and way to make me feel like a codger btw, me being an MJ fan since the 80s, rofl), MJ hasn't been THE girl in Peter's life for a whole generation, and a lot of readers grew up on Emma Stone's Gwen and are still reeling from the loss of her.

Yeah, that was kind of my point (and way to make me feel like a codger btw, me being an MJ fan since the 80s, rofl), MJ hasn't been THE girl in Peter's life for a whole generation, and a lot of readers grew up on Emma Stone's Gwen and are still reeling from the loss of her.
    Sorry. I'm usually the fan who feels old. Nice to know I'm not the only one.

BANNED

With Far From Home, another MJ layer has been added to Michelle

spoilers:
    She knows
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    She knows
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Is that even a big deal? MCU Spider-Man's secret identity is practically a joke .
    end of spoilers

Still feels weird talking about Michelle Jones in this thread.

spoilers:
    She knows
    end of spoilers
    I think that that's a good decision. Hope it's presented well.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Honestly, I would have just done it to begin with and cut out Ganke from Homecoming.