Page 39 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

Mary Jane Watson by Stjepan Sejic
    Always neat seeing Sejic draw Marvel characters (since he's working for DC now) .

Far From Home was a good movie, not really that great for me because this version of Spider-Man just doesn't quite do it for me.

But their MJ was bland and i sad than so far the MCU version of my favorite comic book romance was so dissapointing, i pretty much lost any hope for it in this version.
    Last edited by TheCape; 07-07-2019 at 03:26 PM.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Far From Home was a good movie, not really that great for me because this version of Spider-Man just doesn't quote do it for me.

But their MJ was band and i sad than so far the MCU version of my favorite comic book romance was so dissapointing, i pretty much lost any hope for it in thid version.
    I just really find it kind of hilarious that it feels like people are just trying to pretend the "Michelle Jones" name isn't a thing by just calling her MJ .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just really find it kind of hilarious that it feels like people are just trying to pretend the "Michelle Jones" name isn't a thing by just calling her MJ .
    You've noticed that too huh?
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

To be fair, Far From Home never called her anything else but "MJ", .

Honestly after the FFH, is clear that she is MJ, a boring one, but their version at the end of the day, the romantic subplot of this movie was meh, they pretty much gave me no time be invested on it (for that matter i had the same problem with Peter's Class in general). Hell, i actually think that they did a better job selling me Liz and Peter in the previous movie.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Honestly after the FFH, is clear that she is MJ, a boring one, but their version at the end of the day, the romantic subplot of this movie was meh, they pretty much gave me no time be invested on it (for that matter i had the same problem with Peter's Class in general). Hell, i actually think that they did a better job selling me Liz and Peter in the previous movie.
    This is why, to me, Spider-Man would work better as an ongoing TV series. It would give more time to invest in the characters and their dynamics as opposed to just what's necessary for plot reasons or whatever. Maybe we'll get something on Disney+ someday . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    This is why, to me, Spider-Man would work better as an ongoing TV series. It would give more time to invest in the characters and their dynamics as opposed to just what's necessary for plot reasons or whatever. Maybe we'll get something on Disney+ someday . . .
    Spider-Man does work better as a tv series, but his popularity makes impossible for him to have something like that, not giving him a movie is just insane. Is probably why Spec Spider-Man is the best modernization of the characther as far as i am concerned.

Even with that i think that Raimi made a better job in make me care about Peter's supporting cast, even if i disagreed with some of his decisions.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    A very good point. Spider-Man works best as an ongoing weekly serial for exactly the reasons you've outlined.
    Last edited by Celgress; 07-07-2019 at 04:59 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    To be fair, Far From Home never called her anything else but "MJ", .
    That doesn't disprove my point .
    I think one of the issues with the MCU as a serialized movie series is that some of the character building minutia and development tend to happen off-screen so you just jump into a movie with characters sometimes at Point B when you never really saw the progression from Point A to Point B.

Does that make sense?
    Spider-Man does work better as a tv series, but his popularity makes impossible for him to have something like that, not giving him a movie is just insane. Is probably why Spec Spider-Man is the best modernization of the characther as far as i am concerned.
    No disagreement here.

I would've said PS4 Spidey was a good runner-up but I prefer Spec's MJ to PS4's MJ, if only from a characterization standpoint even if the show ended before they could really develop the former.

That doesn't disprove my point .

I think one of the issues with the MCU as a serialized movie series is that some of the character building minutia and development tend to happen off-screen so you just jump into a movie with characters sometimes at Point B when you never really saw the progression from Point A to Point B.

Does that make sense?

No disagreement here.

I would've said PS4 Spidey was a good runner-up but I prefer Spec's MJ to PS4's MJ, if only from a characterization standpoint even if the show ended before they could really develop the former.
    It does makes sense, take Peter and MJ, last movie she was just a jerk toward him and he was just confused about her attitude. Cut to FFH he is all over her, even making romantic plans to confess, apparently he fell for her in the 8 months between Endgame and this, but we never saw how or why they are into each other. Say what you want about Raimi's MJ at least i did understand why they wanted to be together. Here was like filling a checklist. For that matter, the movie doesn't make a good job in making you care for Peter's classmates, Ned is mostly a sounding board with some jokes, Brad is unecessary and Flash....well that tragedy doesn't need explaining.

I recently played it and i was surprised about how good was PS4 Spidey, one of the best version for sure. But i agrees that i prefer Spec MJ. Still the romance was decent in that game, especially the text conversation .

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Spec!MJ never lived up to her true potential.

This is sadly true, i still love her though.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

I think she was the character who was probably hurt the most by the show ending as early as it did before they could develop her into the main love interest.

I think she was the character who was probably hurt the most by the show ending as early as it did before they could develop her into the main love interest.
    Given that they probably weren't going to kill Gwen until the very end, I don't know if we would have ever seen such a thing as you imagine it.

But because the show ended when it did that means all of this is just speculation. And it is for that reason I can't agree with Spec!MJ being best MJ. It relies far too much on speculation. You can say she had the most potential.