Page 4 of 85 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

I loved the Gwen and MJ variant covers. The theme of it and that it wasn't one of those 1:10 or store exclusive stuff allowing many who wanted the cover to be able to have it. A variant showcasing a fun bunch of ideas that can tap the imagination of not just the artists and styles commissioned but also by those that see them. After the wonderful Gwen and MJ covers (which in turn also brought to life Gwen Poole who is a fun character and well made by her writer and artist team) I hoped that might become a theme of the female cast of Peter's have a moneth where they are various heroes of other worlds that we are seeing a window into. I had hoped Betty (a female in the cast that has been around longer than MJ or Gwen even), May, and Felicia getting a turn per new year in June-Aug month but that didn't happen (Gwen was 2016 June while MJ was July 2017 variant month theme but nobody this year).

Starting with Gwen my mind came up with some story ideas for a few varint Gwens shown (Cap Gwen, Thor Gwen, Hulk Gwen, Doctor Strange Gwen, and a few others) and MJ as well when her month theme came up. Thinking of ideas and questioning can be fun and once one come in it can be self generating.
    I love the one's the others posted plus I enjoy the Phoenix MJ variant also.

I remember seeing a few rough work of the Iron Fist MJ (I LOVE seeing the art process when showcased including unused works). By Stephanie Hans (who is a amazing artist and each gal she has made look fantastic and expressive in her art)

The artist also posted a Gwen rough version writing on twitter "I am a bit ashamed that I misunderstood the broef and started with roughs of iron fist mixed with spidergwen"

What is a 'broef'. I'm assuming the artist meant 'brief' which is needed information given that explains things and such but if I'm wrong I like to learn and gain knowledge to the workings of artists and the business of comics.

Even just the roughs for me showcase a personality and the concept so well they look fabulous and fun works of art.

Also that posted I recall the Wolverine Gwen and the Wolverine MJ and I felt they were 'sister pieces'

One showcasing nature and dangerous side while the other is in a city scape and having fun.

The two being Wolverines yet separate characterizations and backdrop from each other gave a nice yin/yang vibe to them.
    Last edited by AngelJD; 01-05-2019 at 10:52 PM.

Iron Man covers

BANNED

Can we just pretend that whole wretched era never happened?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    There are some good issues in MJ's Stark Industries phase. And in any case no relationship ever happened and the best scene makes it clear that MJ has no time for Tony Stark.

Tony Stark: Do you like your dad?
    MJ: Not particularly.
    Tony Stark: Y'have a mean dad?
    MJ: Yeah.
    Tony Stark: Me too. He was soooo mad at the world. And my general existence wasn't helping him get over it. He sees you standing there and instead of seeing legacy...all he sees are missed opportunities. @#$% you, Howard.
    MJ (pause): I left home the second I could.
    Tony Stark: So did I.
    MJ: Yeah, but you did with a big duffel bag full of cash.
    — Invincible Iron Man #11, (2016), written by Brian Michael Bendis

So there you have it, Bendis has MJ call out Tony for being a poser from her own working-class perspective...

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

My next Spider-Man MJ game was Spiderman vs Kingpin for SEGA. She only appeared before the final stage. Venom kidnapped her for Kingpin, why I don't know, since Kingpin didn't know his identity and there's no explanation why Venom's working for Kingpin, but it's not like it has a complex plot... then Kingpin dangled her above a vat of... I thought it was fire because of the old graphic but apparently that was acid smoke... and you have to fight him while she's slowly lowered.

spider-2.png

The boss is nigh impossible without cheat because Kingpin hits super hard and you have to web the crane lowering MJ every few times. Every time Kingpin hits you, he send you to the other side of the room and stops you from stopping the crane. You also have limited web fluids. The crane's kinda slow though and MJ has to be completely submerged before it gets a game over.

BANNED

Man I hate Uber-Kingpin. You know there's a secret ending in SEGA where it ends with Spider-Man and MJ both being dipped in acid.

Yeah the video-games with the exception of Web of Shadows and Spider-Man PS4 didn't do MJ any favors.

BANNED

Spidey's ending in Capcom's Marvel Superheroes is pretty much the only time the pregnancy is ever acknowledged outside of comics.

BANNED

Yeah, the games are surprisingly the one medium where Spider-Man has been shown as a married guy fairly often...

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Bendis literally used MJ because Slott was going to send her to comic book limbo. (Too bad he never actually did much with her, but it's still better than comic book limbo.)

Quote Originally Posted by AngelJD View Post

I want a story where all the Gwens and MJ's from those cover meet up and team up.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I want a story where all the Gwens and MJ's from those cover meet up and team up.
    There's a moment in the Ant-Man And The Wasp mini where they both briefly travel through a universe consisting of all the alternate Gwen and MJ cover characters, so it's canon and I would so love a mini with all of them together!