Page 62 of 85 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast

I don't think Peter or MJ despise Tony as much as you may think. They're both obviously critical about certain things, and she's of course annoyed that he fired her, but ultimately there isn't really any disdain in their relationships. Even recently in FNSM, Peter went to Tony's help during the Prowler stuff, and they were on perfectly good terms there.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I don't think Peter or MJ despise Tony as much as you may think. They're both obviously critical about certain things, and she's of course annoyed that he fired her, but ultimately there isn't really any disdain in their relationships. Even recently in FNSM, Peter went to Tony's help during the Prowler stuff, and they were on perfectly good terms there.
    Could also be chalked up to different writers.

Although I don't think Peter despises Tony. I think he would try to get along with him if he could even if most people would probably have held a long grudge after Civil War (not that Tony remembers that).

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Could also be chalked up to different writers.

Although I don't think Peter despises Tony. I think he would try to get along with him if he could even if most people would probably have held a long grudge after Civil War (not that Tony remembers that).
    I'm still low-key mad that everything Tony did and was responsible for in Civil War, beyond just the fallout for Peter and his loved ones, got swept under the rug as soon as Dark Reign was over and it was time for all the heroes to be friends and present a united front to the world (and against the villains). I mean, Bill Foster is still dead, and a lot of other heroes got thrown into an interdimensional detention center in the Negative Zone for opposing the high-handed and wrongheaded enforcement (if not the very existence) of the Superhero Registration Act. I would think that even if the in-universe characters might forgive that, they wouldn't necessarily forget, and they would have that in the back of their minds for a very long time.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I'm still low-key mad that everything Tony did and was responsible for in Civil War, beyond just the fallout for Peter and his loved ones, got swept under the rug as soon as Dark Reign was over and it was time for all the heroes to be friends and present a united front to the world (and against the villains). I mean, Bill Foster is still dead, and a lot of other heroes got thrown into an interdimensional detention center in the Negative Zone for opposing the high-handed and wrongheaded enforcement (if not the very existence) of the Superhero Registration Act. I would think that even if the in-universe characters might forgive that, they wouldn't necessarily forget, and they would have that in the back of their minds for a very long time.
    I’m the same way too and it’s one of the reasons why I don’t read into Iron Man that much.

i mean civil war was 11 years ago and since comic book characters dont age I guess they can forgive easier than most
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Found colored artwork from Amazing Mary Jane #1. Looking fantastic!

Maybe... Maybe I'm wrong, but doesn't look like MJ is more muscled than usual? I mean, maybe it's the suit, but I can't stop thinking I'm looking at the classic version of She-Hulk (not the current form).

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I mean, maybe it's the suit, but I can't stop thinking I'm looking at the classic version of She-Hulk (not the current form).
    If her spy feature turns out to be a rousing success she can then portray the role of Jen Walters in a biopic set in-universe.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    If her spy feature turns out to be a rousing success she can then portray the role of Jen Walters in a biopic set in-universe.
    She better wear the purple and white leotard then .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She better wear the purple and white leotard then .
    MJ should hire Jen as her lawyer, then that would kick things off and lead to that gig.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    G.I. Joe.

Maybe... Maybe I'm wrong, but doesn't look like MJ is more muscled than usual? I mean, maybe it's the suit, but I can't stop thinking I'm looking at the classic version of She-Hulk (not the current form).
    Doubt it's the suit; the upper arm muscles are partially uncovered by the gloves and are clearly a part of MJ's body (and that thing is so snug it doesn't look like it could be padded). Could be just artistic license, but I don't see any reason why MJ couldn't have toned herself. I seem to recall in at least a couple old ASM comics she was using running home exercise programs, so that could explain it. Also, actors will often train for roles in movies, including building up muscles.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Could be just artistic license, but I don't see any reason why MJ couldn't have toned herself. I seem to recall in at least a couple old ASM comics she was using running home exercise programs, so that could explain it.
    On that end, has she ever received any self-defense training from Peter? Dan Slott had Daredevil train Alicia Masters in his Silver Surfer run.

Edit:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/comicbooks/...asters_silver/
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.

Actors may change their shape for specific roles, so she could be doing that in-universe.

It's probably just the artist's choice though lol.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Actors may change their shape for specific roles, so she could be doing that in-universe.

It's probably just the artist's choice though lol.
    Yeah, but having muscles is something that never matched with MJ before, even with her super-powered versions like Spinneret. Now that I think of it, I can't stop thinking about MJ having this build, and suddenly her Spider-Powers from Spider-Island returning.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    On that end, has she ever received any self-defense training from Peter? Dan Slott had Daredevil train Alicia Masters in his Silver Surfer run.

Edit:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/comicbooks/...asters_silver/
    I think she got some from Cap, back when she & Peter were living in Avengers tower.

Well Tony got the crap beaten out of him by Thor and Ultron-Pym brought up Tony's sins during the first Civil War. So Tony's actions are never really forgotten.