Page 78 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2868747576777879808182 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1263

So I read AMJ#2 today, and man... I got the impression issue#1 was having a lot of focus in Mysterio, and now this one is pretty much all about him with MJ playing a support role, in her own mini, come on lol.

And considering that the movie they're making is about Mysterio's movie, it's very possible it'll still be about him with her being just in a support role, but we'll have to wait and see I guess.

On the bright side, she looks adorable:

But I'll still drop it if she doesn't get much focus.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 11-26-2019 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    So I read AMJ#2 today, and man... I got the impression issue#1 was having a lot of focus in Mysterio, and now this one is pretty much all about him with MJ playing a support role, in her own mini, come on lol.

And considering that the movie they're making is about Mysterio's movie, it's very possible it'll still be about him with her being just in a support role, but we'll have to wait and see I guess.

On the bright side, she looks adorable:

But I'll still drop it if she doesn't get much focus.
    The art is incredibly on-point with this book.

(That outfit with the skirt. Woof).

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Considering Carlos Gomez also did Red Sonja . . . who else is still waiting for Red Sonja's rights to end up with Marvel again so we can get an MJ/Red Sonja team-up?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Considering Carlos Gomez also did Red Sonja . . . who else is still waiting for Red Sonja's rights to end up with Marvel again so we can get an MJ/Red Sonja team-up?
    How would that work? Sonja's guest-appearances always had her soul borrowing MJ's body for the duration of the adventure.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    A team-up would be funny, specially if they reference that time MJ transformed into Red Sonja.

But I'm sure they would make her go to the future and become part of some Avengers team instead of that.

Also, I think the artist doesn't know that Vulture is supposed to use his arms to move the wings:

I noticed that when those illusions showed up in the preview, but thought that maybe it was just Mysterio making changes, but now he showed up for real and yeah, there was this screw up lol.

This book has been fun! She's been pretty much the focus and brains behind making the movie, using her Hollywood knowledge. Fun to see her in this kind of setting. Not what I expected welcome. It also passed the Bechdel test.

And that art. Hooboy.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

A team-up would be funny, specially if they reference that time MJ transformed into Red Sonja.

But I'm sure they would make her go to the future and become part of some Avengers team instead of that.

Also, I think the artist doesn't know that Vulture is supposed to use his arms to move the wings:

I noticed that when those illusions showed up in the preview, but thought that maybe it was just Mysterio making changes, but now he showed up for real and yeah, there was this screw up lol.
    Or he just changed his suit so he can use his arms and fly at the same time?

Will Mysterio cite Vulture ripping off his domehead?

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    Or he just changed his suit so he can use his arms and fly at the same time?
    He's been making a lot of weird changes then, back in Zdarsky's spectacular he had more advanced wings which destroyed Spidey's web if they were in direct contact with him, and then he went back to the default one in later appearances, only to change to this? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Will Mysterio cite Vulture ripping off his domehead?
    I'd laugh if that happens and ends up being the moment that makes everyone realize he's Mysterio .

BANNED

I don’t Get why people disliked AMJ#2. I found it totally charming. It’s basically like any comedy about making movies. I don’t get why people think Mysterio was the star because it’s still MJ. She’s the one prepping up Quentin and charming neves tor’s and so on.

I think it’s also clear that MJ is doing this to make sure Mysterious doesn’t break bad and hurt people around him.

Another thing I appreciate and noticed is that this is a comic without thought captions. So Williams is withholding MJ’s thoughts to the reader. She’s obviously doing this so readers are in the same position as others judging MJ based on exterior actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I don’t Get why people disliked AMJ#2. I found it totally charming. It’s basically like any comedy about making movies. I don’t get why people think Mysterio was the star because it’s still MJ. She’s the one prepping up Quentin and charming neves tor’s and so on.

I think it’s also clear that MJ is doing this to make sure Mysterious doesn’t break bad and hurt people around him.

Another thing I appreciate and noticed is that this is a comic without thought captions. So Williams is withholding MJ’s thoughts to the reader. She’s obviously doing this so readers are in the same position as others judging MJ based on exterior actions.
    I mean, Mysterio is the one being developed, and MJ is just helping him along, she's getting the role of those supporting protagonists, which while it's an alright trope, it isn't something that should be done in a mini with her name splattered on it.

BANNED

I mean, Mysterio is the one being developed, and MJ is just helping him along, she's getting the role of those supporting protagonists, which while it's an alright trope, it isn't something that should be done in a mini with her name splattered on it.
    It’s a mini that situated her in an ongoing story rather than one dealing with her past and so on. Mysterio and so on was featured from the get-go.

It’s a mini that situated her in an ongoing story rather than one dealing with her past and so on. Mysterio and so on was featured from the get-go.
    And I never said that it should be about her past, I expect this comic to be about MJ being the protagonist while working in this movie with Mysterio as the director, and issue#2 has Mysterio being the protagonist, with her being in a supportive role.

Of course, no character should always be front and center, maybe MJ is in that support role which then can help to develop her later, or their situation, it does help that while Mysterio gets plenty of attention in issue#1, it's still more about her, so it doesn't mean he'll steal her mini, but I'm just going to be cautious and keep this in mind for future issues.

BANNED

And I never said that it should be about her past, I expect this comic to be about MJ being the protagonist while working in this movie with Mysterio as the director, and issue#2 has Mysterio being the protagonist, with her being in a supportive role.

Of course, no character should always be front and center, maybe MJ is in that support role which then can help to develop her later, or their situation, it does help that while Mysterio gets plenty of attention in issue#1, it's still more about her, so it doesn't mean he'll steal her mini, but I'm just going to be cautious and keep this in mind for future issues.
    I don’t get this. MJ is still the protagonist. She is the one with agency whose actions drive the plot of this issue. Yes she’s trying to get Mysterio to make his movie, well he’s the director and the crew depends on him and her for the movie to get made. I mean I guess people would want MJ to take over and direct it which by the way is illegal (cf, the Eastwood Rule). It would also make her well...a Mary Sue.

I think readers need to credit civilian agency when they see it to actually encourage new kinds of stories.

I don’t get this. MJ is still the protagonist. She is the one with agency whose actions drive the plot of this issue. Yes she’s trying to get Mysterio to make his movie, well he’s the director and the crew depends on him and her for the movie to get made. I mean I guess people would want MJ to take over and direct it which by the way is illegal (cf, the Eastwood Rule). It would also make her well...a Mary Sue.

I think readers need to credit civilian agency when they see it to actually encourage new kinds of stories.
    And I never said that MJ should solve every problem ever, I'm just not liking that Mysterio is the one being developed with so much focus while MJ is playing the role of supporting protagonist, and I'm wary of the possibility of the rest of the comic being like that, because what would be the point of making a mini called "Amazing Mary Jane" if Mysterio is getting more focus than her?