Page 34 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Changing to a different discussion, which Legion death hit you the hardest or was the saddest? It can be a member, supporting character, or even a Legion villain.
    Thanks for posting the link to Legion of Super-Bloggers. I checked it out. Looks interesting and worth periodic revisiting.

As for which Legion death affected me most, I would have to go with Invisible Kid I. As I stated earlier in the thread, Superboy 203 was my first Legion comic ever. It really opened up a whole new world for me as I had no idea that this team even existed before then.

Not only was Superboy 203 MY first issue, but it was also Mike Grell's first issue as penciler (he inked Dave Cockrum in Superboy 202). Mike Grell's art introduced me to the Legion, so it will always occupy a special place for me.

In that first Mike Grell issue, it also turned out to be the death of Invisible Kid! As a kid reading this at a tender age, I was shocked that the spotlighted hero of the story ended up dead 20 pages later. I remember tearing up after reading it a second time and really processed that he wasn't coming back.

The story is even more interesting in retrospect since we now know that Validus was the son of Lightning Lad and Saturn Girl.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Changing to a different discussion, which Legion death hit you the hardest or was the saddest? It can be a member, supporting character, or even a Legion villain.
    For me, it was the Emerald Empress’s death in the Baxter series, and Monstress’s death in Legion Lost.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Am I the only person who loved this costume for Projectra?
    01602DEB-F353-46C8-A7C2-B700B3733B59.jpg
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Astonishing Member

Garth's in Legion Lost, I know he 'died' before but that was before my time and I read the reprints further down the line, but him dying valiantly in Legion Lost shook me, damn when they say he is unlucky they mean it. Only to have him reborn in Element Lad's body was an unexpected swerve but making for the most powerful version of Garth in any version.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Am I the only person who loved this costume for Projectra?
    01602DEB-F353-46C8-A7C2-B700B3733B59.jpg
    That's one of very few stories that I'd love to see re-drawn by a different artist. It was a powerful story, but the puffy square botox-y faces kind of pull me out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    That's one of very few stories that I'd love to see re-drawn by a different artist. It was a powerful story, but the puffy square botox-y faces kind of pull me out of it.
    Huh. That’s one of my favorite eras, art wise, for the book. My first introduction to the LSH was the 5 years later era, and I worked my way backwards.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

I have to go with Karate Kid and Nemesis Kid. Just the history involved with that foursome from their first appearance through Ferro Lad's sacrifice to the final story arc, that death was a sign of not only bringing story telling to a more mature, darker level, but also keeping the team's extensive history intact and respecting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Haha .... I loved Giffen's style during this phase, but even I have to admit that's still a pretty accurate description of the faces he drew!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    As for which Legion death affected me most, I would have to go with Invisible Kid I. As I stated earlier in the thread, Superboy 203 was my first Legion comic ever. It really opened up a whole new world for me as I had no idea that this team even existed before then.
    While I'm not the biggest fan of the Reboot, I do like that the Reboot (and stuff like Superboy's Legion) gave me a chance to get to know and appreciate Lyle Norg (and Ferro Lad), who 'died before my time' in the classic continuity.

Indeed, seeing Lyle in the Reboot made me wonder what a Legion without Brainy would be like, where all of the smart and scientific-minded Legionnaires who *aren't* Brainy get to show their stuff. Lyle, Imra, Mon-El, Dreamy, Cham, etc. have been suggested at various times to be smart and / or educated, and get zero play when Brainy is around to suck all the 'smart person' oxygen in the room. I don't blame Brainy for that, as much as the writers. It seems like someone like Timber Wolf or Ultra Boy or Blok can function just fine on the team with their 'lesser' super-strength when people like Superboy, Supergirl and Mon-El can out-strength them, but when Brainy is around, all the other *geniuses* on the team are supposed to shut up and let him green-splain everything.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I loved in the Reboot how Lyle and Brainy had so much interplay and back and forth with each other. Like how Lyle came up with flight rings out of a material Brainy accidentally created and thought was garbage. It showed Lyle was an outside the box thinker and very crafty when he wanted to be. I also liked that Lyle was a spy for Earthgov before joining the Legion.

when it come to Invisible Kid the Reboot version is head and shoulders above both the original and the Threeboot versions.

I loved some of the rebrandings we got with the reboot. I particularly liked that we didn’t just get a total rehash of everything that came before. Although I missed Blok, Dawnstar, Invisible Kid 2, and Computo, along with the other additions that came with the Batch SW6 kids.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I loved in the Reboot how Lyle and Brainy had so much interplay and back and forth with each other. Like how Lyle came up with flight rings out of a material Brainy accidentally created and thought was garbage. It showed Lyle was an outside the box thinker and very crafty when he wanted to be. I also liked that Lyle was a spy for Earthgov before joining the Legion.

when it come to Invisible Kid the Reboot version is head and shoulders above both the original and the Threeboot versions.
    Love reboot Lyle definitely the best. I also love how they had a rivalry in smart stuff and their hinted romance between each other

Well since i'm more familiar with the reboot it will be the deaths there so Monstress, Element Lad but mainly Colossal Boy. Colossal Boy death had me thinking about it for weeks and it was so unexpected for me. I had no idea that the Legion stories were not afraid to kill off its members. It really was so sad.

I'm late to the conversation on costumes but Zero Hour Legion have my favorite costumes for the majority of the characters especially Timber Wolf, Tinya and Imra.

Are there any Legionnaires that you love all versions of? Is there any version that you like more than the others?
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles: