Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Where is Dream Girl/Dreamer?

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Where is Dream Girl/Dreamer?
    This was before she joined the team. She joined the team pretty late in this era.
    Last edited by HandofPrometheus; 06-16-2019 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    The flowchart is somewhat informative, but it's based on the Archie-Legion, judging from the artwork and members.

So, things are changed from the classic continuity. I don't see a family relationship line being drawn between RJ Brande and Chameleon Boy, but there is one between Brande and Triad.
    I've always kind of wanted to check out the Archie Legion since that seems to me the most easy jumping on point post classic Legion (aside from the DnA, "Legion Lost," stuff).

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I've always kind of wanted to check out the Archie Legion since that seems to me the most easy jumping on point post classic Legion (aside from the DnA, "Legion Lost," stuff).
    Frontier you definitely should. It did fall off towards the end of Tom Peyer's run imo and Abnett picked it back up successfully but you should try it out. Easy to jump in and has so much personality.
    Last edited by HandofPrometheus; 06-16-2019 at 10:59 PM.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

The first couple of years up until they split the team in two is some great stuff. It was two books a month with Waid/Peyer/McCraw writing and keep the books flowing like one biweekly book. This was before Waid started to get so preachy and more worried about making a point than just telling good stories. The art is a little cartoony, but the stories make up for it. The two big collections cover a lot of issues and are worth a look if your curious.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

^ ^ ^

Still waiting on Book Three!

I'd like to think that with the upcoming push from Bendis, DC would continue these trades, but I'm not going to hold my breath...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    ^ ^ ^

Still waiting on Book Three!

I'd like to think that with the upcoming push from Bendis, DC would continue these trades, but I'm not going to hold my breath...
    Especially with the murmuring's they'll be cutting back on their trade paperbacks .

(Although is most of it on DC Universe? I would think so).

Especially with the murmuring's they'll be cutting back on their trade paperbacks .

(Although is most of it on DC Universe? I would think so).
    Looks like Legionnaires #0-81 and Annual #2 are up on there.
    Any missing Annuals are expected, as DC tends to forget about them when digitizing for Comixology.
    We're still waiting for many Annuals for the Baxter Legion (maybe one day I'll get to read 'Who Shot Laurel Kent?' again...)

A good rule of thumb is if it's on Comixology, older than a year and not part of an imprint, it's on DC Universe.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I got and Email today from Amazon saying that my order of The 5 Years LatterLegion trade had a ship date of July 22nd or so. Don't know if its true or not but it does give me a little glimmer of hope that maybe that trade might actually come out after all.

I’ve to admit I’m pretty ignorant of the Legion. A friend had some old 70’s comics where Superboy was actually a member. Not just an inspiration but an actual member! Kind of stupid to me but the story I glanced through was pretty bad. I’ll give this book a shot because it’s Bendis. I’m confident he’ll have a nice spin on the characters. I’m not crazy about stories in the future but he may be able to do some interesting stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Stick Figure View Post
    I’ve to admit I’m pretty ignorant of the Legion. A friend had some old 70’s comics where Superboy was actually a member. Not just an inspiration but an actual member! Kind of stupid to me but the story I glanced through was pretty bad. I’ll give this book a shot because it’s Bendis. I’m confident he’ll have a nice spin on the characters. I’m not crazy about stories in the future but he may be able to do some interesting stories.
    Superboy was an active Legion member more often than not from the Legion's inception in 1958 until Superboy was killed in 1987. Superboy used to fly into the future to take part in their adventures. I found it fun, and it was a great way to get into the Legion -- just follow Superboy through the story. That's why I said that Jon Kent will be good as a similar gateway character. The Legion really needs it.

I'm curious about the comic you saw. I can't believe you said it was "pretty bad" because the Legion is known for its history of great stories. Maybe 1970s comics just don't age well for you?

Do you remember anything about it like the cover or the contents?

Soo are the 2010 and 2005 Legion runs worth reading? What is the definitive run o should read if I wanna get into them? I ask about 05 and '10 series cuz I kinda want something with more modern art tbh.

Superboy was an active Legion member more often than not from the Legion's inception in 1958 until Superboy was killed in 1987. Superboy used to fly into the future to take part in their adventures. I found it fun, and it was a great way to get into the Legion -- just follow Superboy through the story. That's why I said that Jon Kent will be good as a similar gateway character. The Legion really needs it.

I'm curious about the comic you saw. I can't believe you said it was "pretty bad" because the Legion is known for its history of great stories. Maybe 1970s comics just don't age well for you?

Do you remember anything about it like the cover or the contents?
    Yeah I admit I don’t always do well with pre 2000 comics. Just a taste thing. The issue I remember had the old version of Brainiac on the cover. The reason it stood out was he had this Elvis jumpsuit thing going. I thought “We’re in the future and Brainiac decides to wear 70’s bell bottoms?” It was just weird to look through. Old comics don’t agree with me I guess.

Astonishing Member

Well, there were definitely periods in the 70s where the Legion book was not that great --- the art, in particular. Keith Giffen really gave the book the shot in the arm it needed. Didio at DC once stupidly commented that Legion has always been a writer's book. He had no clue. Yes, the writing is important, but look at Levitz's stories before Keith joined him. They were okay. Look at Cary Bates in the 70s -- his stuff wasn't bad, but Dave Cockrum's art was the reason to buy Legion. Even Jim Shooter had Curt Swan (and some great Neal Adams covers). Legion interiors in the late 70s were a mixed bag. I was mostly not reading DC at this time -- came back in the early 80s with Perez Titans, Legion, Swamp Thing, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Stick Figure View Post
    Yeah I admit I don’t always do well with pre 2000 comics. Just a taste thing. The issue I remember had the old version of Brainiac on the cover. The reason it stood out was he had this Elvis jumpsuit thing going. I thought “We’re in the future and Brainiac decides to wear 70’s bell bottoms?” It was just weird to look through. Old comics don’t agree with me I guess.
    FWIW, that was probably Pulsar Stargrave, not Brainiac. I'm sure the name only serves to prove your point though....