Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Was it ever explained how a Legion flight ring ended up in the 25th Century for Booster to steal?

Did a legionnaire lose it during a time travel adventure, or did it belong to Superman or Supergirl?

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Was it ever explained how a Legion flight ring ended up in the 25th Century for Booster to steal?

Did a legionnaire lose it during a time travel adventure, or did it belong to Superman or Supergirl?
    If I am remembering right the Legion left them in the past for Booster to find after they teamed up with him in issues 8-9 of his first series. I know they left Brainiac 5's force belt and I think they left the ring too, but I am not 100% positive.

Here's a really interesting picture. It was penciled by Curt Swan in 1993 and inked by Steve Lightle in 2003.

I wish Steve would come back to DC and take over the Legion again. He was my favorite post-Giffen artist and really saved the book when Giffen's art style took a nosedive.

He really only drew a few handfuls of issues, but he was so memorably good. I'd like to see him come back for a long, uninterrupted run.

Last edited by Comic-Reader Lad; 02-02-2019 at 05:31 AM.

Here's a pic from Chris Sprouse, my favorite 1990s Legion artist. His stuff might be considered too cartoony today, but maybe if Bendis revives the Legion as part of his Wonder Comics imprint, this could work. Although Colossal Boy's metal bra is only topped by Cosmic Boy's mankini as worst Legion outfit.

Here's an amazing find. Legion penciled by Curt Swan and inked by Josef Rubinstein.

Curt will always be the master of understated perfection. People first exposed to comics art via flashier artists might not be able to appreciate Swan, but I'm glad I was a DC fan before Marvel or else I would have missed out on his simple, classy, and perfectly rendered work.

Last edited by Comic-Reader Lad; 02-02-2019 at 05:49 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Here's a pic from Chris Sprouse, my favorite 1990s Legion artist. His stuff might be considered too cartoony today, but maybe if Bendis revives the Legion as part of his Wonder Comics imprint, this could work. Although Colossal Boy's metal bra is only topped by Cosmic Boy's mankini as worst Legion outfit.

And belt pouches EVERYWHERE!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post

Visually this feels like my go-to for the Legion even though I've never read this run (I think most of these designs were used as the basis for the designs in the Legion cartoon).

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I loved the sort of uniform look of the reboot Legion. Everyones suit had its own look but they still had enough in common to really link them as a team. The beltbuckle and pouches worked, and it showed the pouches being useful holding things like transuits and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    If I am remembering right the Legion left them in the past for Booster to find after they teamed up with him in issues 8-9 of his first series. I know they left Brainiac 5's force belt and I think they left the ring too, but I am not 100% positive.

I liked those issues and they worked well with the Levitz Legion history.
    And I always liked seeing Jurgens draw the Legion.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I loved the sort of uniform look of the reboot Legion. Everyones suit had its own look but they still had enough in common to really link them as a team. The beltbuckle and pouches worked, and it showed the pouches being useful holding things like transuits and such.
    While I'm a classic continuity guy all the way, I do love how many new and interesting characters were added (Dragonmage, Kid Quantum 2, Kinetix, Gates, Kid Computo) as well as the use of characters that, in 'my' continuity, were dead for much of my childhood (Invisible Lyle, Ferro).

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    While I'm a classic continuity guy all the way, I do love how many new and interesting characters were added (Dragonmage, Kid Quantum 2, Kinetix, Gates, Kid Computo) as well as the use of characters that, in 'my' continuity, were dead for much of my childhood (Invisible Lyle, Ferro).
    It would have been great if Levitz had put some of those characters (especially Kid Q, Kinetix, Computo, Andromeda & Thunder) in the LSH Academy and into the Legion in the last series. If there is a Kinietix in one world, stands to reason, there's one in the main one (Life Lass' sister!). Would also let fans know that they weren't forgotten or ignored. Think how much angst Luornu would have with Computo's code name at HER academy.
    Being a "Person of Interest" doesn't make you an interesting person.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post

If 'Honorary' Legionnaires Elastic Lad (Jimmy Olsen), Insect Queen (Lana Lang) and Pete Olsen have rings, there's enough of them floating around the 20th century to field a small team!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ropeburn View Post
    It would have been great if Levitz had put some of those characters (especially Kid Q, Kinetix, Computo, Andromeda & Thunder) in the LSH Academy and into the Legion in the last series. If there is a Kinietix in one world, stands to reason, there's one in the main one (Life Lass' sister!). Would also let fans know that they weren't forgotten or ignored. Think how much angst Luornu would have with Computo's code name at HER academy.
    Dragonmage is one I would have loved to see, as he could have gotten a ton more development (perhaps even having his magical powers be more dragon-themed than just 'generic energy blaster,' of which the Legion, with Lightning Lad, Lightning Lass, Sun Boy, etc. was already teeming with).

But also Kid Quantum II, who, again, I would have liked to see more fleshed out, powers-wise. Her 'stasis fields' were squiffily defined enough that it sometimes read like she was fighting villains with the power of confusing them as to what she was doing....

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Hate how the new character weren't implemented outside their era.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Hate how the new character weren't implemented outside their era.
    Well, maybe when Bendis or whoever revives the Legion, they'll add some of the more interesting members from the later versions.