Page 31 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Zero Hour

Most of the Post Reboot/ Zero Hour Costumes are excelent (there are a few exceptions, such as Leviathan/Colossal Boy), but they came from the Legionnaires series that ran concurrent with the 5YL Legion book. I think they were designed by Chris Sprouse. I never understood that they used that sort of makshift costume for Ferro when they had such a great one in the Pre-Zero Hour book, his personallity was much better before also, more confident and assertive.

Peace

BANNED

I like the orginal costume with Saturn Girl but with pants instead of a skirt over pants... Just remove the skirt and it's perfect.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I miss some of the characters from the ZH reboot. Especially Shikari, and Kinetix. One thing I didn’t care for though, was how insanely codependent Apparition and Ultra Boy’s relationship was. It was distracting.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

^ ^ ^

Loving the Phase avatar!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    ^ ^ ^

Loving the Phase avatar!
    Thank you!!! My LoSH/LEGION reread is giving me so much life right now. I’m falling in love with these characters and universe all over again.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Astonishing Member

I might need to do a reread as well with as long as it is taking DC to bring the Legion back to the current DC universe. I might finish it before Doomsday Clock is done, and I have a LOT of Legion comics, lol.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I miss some of the characters from the ZH reboot. Especially Shikari, and Kinetix. One thing I didn’t care for though, was how insanely codependent Apparition and Ultra Boy’s relationship was. It was distracting.
    the new Kid Quantum and XS too, I grew up in the Levitz era but there were some really cool Legionnaires post Byrne's forced reboots.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

You know who I think never got enough exposure in the Zero Hour Reboot era. Gear. I would have loved to see more interaction between him and Brainiac 5.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    the new Kid Quantum and XS too, I grew up in the Levitz era but there were some really cool Legionnaires post Byrne's forced reboots.
    Yeah. The only thing I didn’t like was the lack of the Emerald Empress. She should have been somehow related to Kinetix.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Kid Quantum (II) and Dragonmage are probably the two I love most of the 'new' Reboot additions, although Shikari was a very neat 'reboot Dawnstar.'

I don't mind that XS and Gates were the two to jump over and have some adventures with the classic guys, but they sure wouldn't have been my first choices!

(That said, Dragonmage, in particular, felt underdeveloped. The one thing I saw him do was throw some powerful zaps, and the Legion is already full of people like Garth and Ayla and Dirk and the various Krypto-Daxamites, who can throw powerful zaps. I wanted to see some actual *magic* that had something to do with *dragons.* Cast a spell to summon an energy construct shaped like a dragon that can carry people to safety or attack ones foes. Cast a spell to summon an *actual* dragon (or a whole swarm of little ones!). Cast a spell to give someone temporary 'dragon wings' and allow the civilians to fly themselves to safety. Cast a spell to 'armor' himself or create a protective barrier of 'dragon scales.' Cast a spell to strike with a 'dragon's claw' of energy around his hand that looks like a giant green energy claw and hits hard enough to penetrate a Khund warship's hull. Anything other than boring pew-pews, which any idiot with a blaster can bring to the table!

For that matter, Kid Quantum II could have been a little more defined, power-wise. I don't need a Marvel Handbook style 'how many tons of TNT are her blasts equal to' or some quibbly minutiae, but it would be nice if she did anything other than 'stasis fields' that never seemed to affect anyone that mattered. If all one's power does is take out the trash, that's what the SP are for.

I was a ZH reboot kid so those are typically my preferred character designs. </biased opinion>

Waid's Threeboot really threw me for a loop when Jo and Tinya weren't together. I also had a hard time wrapping my head around Vi, because the ZH Vi was always so shy/meek (even when leader) and Waid's version was a badass miniature ninja. She also seemed far more assertive in the classic Legion, per my recent re-read, which leads me to believe the ZH version I grew up with is actually the outlier, but I digress.

Also: I'm that weird niche/generation that thinks it's weird Jeckie isn't a snake in all other iterations in which she is not, in fact, a snake.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    You know who I think never got enough exposure in the Zero Hour Reboot era. Gear. I would have loved to see more interaction between him and Brainiac 5.

Don't quite know why, but Gears is certainly one of my least favorite legionnaires ever. I always found him so pointless and useless, maybe because he really didn't have much of a personality, something that I considered quite rare among the ZH Reboot Legion.

Peace

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    I was curious as to how many of Cockrum's costume designs Giffen didn't choose to change. I'm only counting his first-run, not when he came back years later and put them in those oversized coats.

I'm thinking Lightning Lad, Phantom Girl, Brainiac 5, Ultra Boy, Star Boy, Sun Boy, Bouncing Boy, Mon-El, and Dream Girl. Let me know if I'm wrong (like I have to ask - lol)
    I don't think any of Giffen's changes were improvements with the exception of Shadow Lass. I was happy that Lightle used Cockrum's design for Colossal Boy. I think Lightle's outfit for Timber Wolf is probably superior to Cockrum's, but no one drew TW as well as Dave! I did like Giffen's body suite for Shadow Lass. Cockrum was the first to make her original outfit more daring-- and then Grell went overboard with it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Saturn Girl’s bikini is really out of place on Imra, and it didn’t make much sense for Shady to wear one either.
    That is true. Cockrum didn't design it, but he drew Imra so well that I prefer the bikini version. And 1,000 years in future, who is to say that a girl like Imra wouldn't want to show off a bit?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Since this is in the context of discussing Dave Cockrum, it should be pointed out that Cockrum did NOT design Saturn Girl's bikini costume. It was designed by a fan.

Also, Cockrum did not design some of the costumes that Giffen kept such as Brainiac 5, Ultra Boy, Sun Boy, Bouncing Boy, and Mon-El.
    He only changed the ones he didn't like. I think Ultra Boy's really stood the test of time.