Page 32 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    The page rate for covers is more than the page rate for interiors, but one cover doesn't equal an entire issue's worth of interiors.

However, Gil Kane switched from interiors to being one of Marvel's main cover artists in the mid-1970s. The story goes that Kane was going through a divorce and needed extra money. 20 covers a month paid more than 20 pages of interiors. Smart move on his part to think of that.
    He's probably my favorite cover artist of all time. Neal Adams, Nick Cardy, George Perez and Dave Cockrum all my other favorite cover artists.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    That is true. Cockrum didn't design it, but he drew Imra so well that I prefer the bikini version. And 1,000 years in future, who is to say that a girl like Imra wouldn't want to show off a bit?
    It just didn’t fit her personality. I have no problem with costumes that show off some skin (Dream Girl & Projectra’s designs are two of my absolute favorites), but if it’s in stark contrast to how she presents herself, then it makes little sense to have them dress like that. It was as out of place on Imra, as the 90’s boob window was on the Invisible Woman.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    It just didn’t fit her personality. I have no problem with costumes that show off some skin (Dream Girl & Projectra’s designs are two of my absolute favorites), but if it’s in stark contrast to how she presents herself, then it makes little sense to have them dress like that. It was as out of place on Imra, as the 90’s boob window was on the Invisible Woman.
    Agreed. The best versions of Imra have, IMO, had her as a no-nonsense professional type, who, at least in some continuities, was training to join the Science Police, who earned the nickname 'ironbutt' and often wears a suit that resembles a military uniform.

I could understand going into battle in a bikini if the character was invulnerable, like Laurel Kent, or shamelessly exhibitionist (*and* good at avoiding harm), like Dreamy, but Imra is neither. In the heat of battle, stuff like explosions nearby happen, and no amount of telepathy is going to stop shrapnel.

Extraordinary Member

Okay so since we've been on the subject of costumes we hate, what is your all-time least favorite Legionnaire costume. And let's be honest, there's been so many awful ones.

Astonishing Member

Never cared for Tyroc's gear which sucks because I am African American so I really wanted to love Tyroc

Mighty Member

Cosmic Boy's corset look is my least favorite LSH costume.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Never cared for Tyroc's gear which sucks because I am African American so I really wanted to love Tyroc
    I thought the Nu52 facelift Tyroc got was pretty good. It was definitely the best look he has had up to this point.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Are we talking the original white getup? He's been updated a couple times...

-- Cos's Corset is famously... misguided.
    -- I hated the toilet crest/collar on Threeboot Projectra
    -- Threeboot Colossal Boy's outfit of many many pads.
    -- Earth-Man - puke
    -- Almost all the "Legion on the Run" outfits - especially Violet looking like she worked on a cruise ship.
    -- Wildfire's energy body form - His whole thing is that he needs a containment suit! Any of his suits were better than that.

Yeah, we can spend all day on the bad ones...

Triplicate Girl/Duo Damsel’s purple and orange dress. I love Luornu, but I hate the color scheme. Just so bland. Brainiac 5’s green jumpsuit. Dreamy Girl’s post Zero Hour get up.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

The DC Animated Universe Legion costumes from Justice League vs. the Fatal Five

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Are we talking the original white getup? He's been updated a couple times...

-- Cos's Corset is famously... misguided.
    -- I hated the toilet crest/collar on Threeboot Projectra
    -- Threeboot Colossal Boy's outfit of many many pads.
    -- Earth-Man - puke
    -- Almost all the "Legion on the Run" outfits - especially Violet looking like she worked on a cruise ship.
    -- Wildfire's energy body form - His whole thing is that he needs a containment suit! Any of his suits were better than that.

Yeah, we can spend all day on the bad ones...
    yeah his first one sorry should have specified the rest were all improvements

Astonishing Member

I would say Brin's Chewbacca look, heck was he wearing any clothes at all. I really hated how they took one of the more popular Legionnaires, Timber Wolf and basically turned him into a mute teddy bear, I always suspected they dehumanized Brin so they could proceed with hooking up Ayla with Violet in the 5YL, to minimize the Timber Wolf Lightning Lass shippers (that wasn't even a term back then). I liked Brin's look on that Jim Lee Cover of the Levitz/Cinar Legion book.

Quote Originally Posted by caj
    Okay so since we've been on the subject of costumes we hate, what is your all-time least favorite Legionnaire costume. And let's be honest, there's been so many awful ones.

Mike Grell's Cosmic Boy and Colossal Boy costumes were pretty awful. At least Colossal Boy got switched back to the Cockrum one relatively quickly.

There have been others that didn't do anything for me, but those two were the only ones I actively disliked from the pre-Giffen days.

When Giffen came back in Legion 50, he soon designed some new looks with #54. None of which I liked.

I wonder what a war between Tyr, and his WarWorld, and the 31st century descendant of Mongul’s WarWorld, with the Legion stuck in the middle would look like.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles: