Page 37 of 46 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738394041 ... LastLast
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    A tease is probably all it is at this point. Bendis is already writing Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice and one or two others I think. I know the man is crazy prolific from his years at Marvel, but even he has his limits.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

probably a trial balloon to gauge interest, so he has a branch to jump to when one of the books he is currently doing peters out. While I am excited about the Legion getting a new ongoing I am NOT excited about the prospect of Bendis steering that ship.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    probably a trial balloon to gauge interest, so he has a branch to jump to when one of the books he is currently doing peters out. While I am excited about the Legion getting a new ongoing I am NOT excited about the prospect of Bendis steering that ship.
    This. I’m so upset Hickman never got the chance to do the book like he was supposed to.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I can do without those Giffen LSH postcards, but I do have his Legion poster featuring everybody who ever appeared in a Legion story. At least, I think it's everybody.
    If not everyone, it's darn close. I have the poster (it was included in a trade paperback of The Great Darkness Saga a few years ago). I got a headache just studying it and trying to find characters. No wonder it fried Giffen's brain drawing it.

I'm actually kinda glad the Legion and JSA are in limbo right now...
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I'm actually kinda glad the Legion and JSA are in limbo right now...
    Well, once they do come back, DiDio will greenlight an event to kill them off, so don't get too comfortable.

Extraordinary Member

I wish we could get some real news on what they're planning (if anything) with the Legion. And while Comic-Reader Lad is probably right, let's hope they don't go that direction.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Please not this Legion of Three Worlds garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Yeah, pick a Legion and stick with it.

And, my pick for the Legion to pick is the ORIGINAL!!!

However, part of me wonders if we can go home again. The original Legion continuity started to be messed with after Crisis. That's over 33 years ago. It may be too far gone to go back now.

Also, the original Legion is in their late 20s to mid-30s even if we ignore the 5YL Legion and everything that came after. Remember, according to the Legion history pages on page 1 of this thread, the Legion had been active for 17 years by the time of the Magic Wars that ended the pre-5YL continuity.

Maybe Bendis is posting the 3 Worlds because he wants to tease that there is yet another Legion reboot coming -- one that will show the Legion as teens again, which would fit right in with his Wonder Comics line.

I just don't think they're going to restart the Legion as 35 year olds and pick up where they left off in 1989.

The classic Levitz Legion will always be my fave... but there were a few characters that really need to be folded into the main timeline, such as Jazmin.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    At this point, I want to read about a Legion of *One* World. There are three Lightning Lads, Saturn Girls, Cosmic Boys, Brainiac Fives, Ultra Boys, etc.

I could stand to see more of the Legionnaires who only ever existed in one of the three main continuities, and therefore haven't gotten nearly as much play, like a weird mashup team that includes Tellus and Tyroc from the classic continuity, Shikari and Kid Quantum 2 and Dragonmage from the Reboot and maybe Gazelle and Dream Boy from the Threeboot? Just load 'em up with Legionnaires I haven't seen multiple incarnations of.

And while we're flipping the bird to Legion of Three Worlds, bring back Karate Kid 2 (Myg) and Green Lantern (Rond Vidar) as well. Who cares if they died in Lo3W? The 'Myg' that died went from being a golden skinned asian kid younger than the current Legionnaires named Myg to a bearded older caucasian named Mygg, so heck, he was practically a different person anyway.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

If we HAVE to have one Legion (which I agree with) then they better bring over the Reboot original characters because most of them were more interesting than some of the originals.

What about they use the different versions as time periods? Their very first appearances could be their child/teenage years while the reboot era could be their young adult years and adult years could be the one most people are familiar with and etc.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Yeah, pick a Legion and stick with it.

And, my pick for the Legion to pick is the ORIGINAL!!!

However, part of me wonders if we can go home again. The original Legion continuity started to be messed with after Crisis. That's over 33 years ago. It may be too far gone to go back now.

Also, the original Legion is in their late 20s to mid-30s even if we ignore the 5YL Legion and everything that came after. Remember, according to the Legion history pages on page 1 of this thread, the Legion had been active for 17 years by the time of the Magic Wars that ended the pre-5YL continuity.

Maybe Bendis is posting the 3 Worlds because he wants to tease that there is yet another Legion reboot coming -- one that will show the Legion as teens again, which would fit right in with his Wonder Comics line.

I just don't think they're going to restart the Legion as 35 year olds and pick up where they left off in 1989.
    Yeah I think the best way would be after The Great Darkness Saga (because you need that history intact) but before Crisis On Infinite Earths. This would make the Legionnaires in their late teens/early 20s. I think that's a good age for them.

Either that or start over from the beginning, which has already been done too many times IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    A tease is probably all it is at this point. Bendis is already writing Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice and one or two others I think. I know the man is crazy prolific from his years at Marvel, but even he has his limits.
    Bendis can write a lot of books, and he appears to have hit his stride at DC, but he can't do the legion, I know he cant, His run on guardians was bad, his x-men run was worse, lots of great art, but nothing happened in either book. Personally Id like to see Jeff Parker and Doc Shaner on the book. I loved future quest.