Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Lady Adventurer Scientist: Mockingbird Appreciation 2019

Continuing the previous Mockingbird appreciation thread for the new year!

"Avengers Assemble! As in get your asses up and let's go!"

Let's discuss! What are your hopes and dreams for Bobbi this year? She currently has a supporting role in The Unstoppable Wasp. Any books where you think she should have a guest arc or join a team? Ideas for new books you'd like to see her in?

Spectacular Member

It'd be cool if She has her own solo series, with Spider-Man, Black Widow and Hawkeye cameos. Also, considering how close Bobbi and Peter were before the breakup, it'd be nice to see her in future Amazing Spider-Man issues via cameo.

I love her mentorship to Ying and her current relationship with Janet where they are basically awesome friends parenting bunch of kids while doing hero work when they can.

I have so many good things to say about Unstoppable Wasp and the relationships between the characters in the book.

Bobbi and Peter got on well together, but considering that they teamed up for a specific purpose (first, Parker Industries and then the Zodiac) which is no longer relevant, it makes sense that her time on that book needed to end. Still, it was an amicable breakup and there's no reason she shouldn't show up once in a while for the odd teamup.

I also think Bobbi would be good for an appearance in Jessica Jones. The two of them hit it off in New Avengers, and Kelly Thompson has made a habit of bringing in guest stars for an arc from various corners of the MU.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Huh - I thought The Orville would've prevented her returning to AOS. If she's available, ABC Studios, get her signed up!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Apparently, Avengers #12 has a line about Okoye interviewing Mockingbird for the Agents of Wakanda. I don't know if she's actually joining, but the possibility is exciting!

Does Bobbi still have her Super-Solduer Serum attributes?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Does Bobbi still have her Super-Solduer Serum attributes?
    Aren't the effects permanent? I don't think there has been anything suggesting she lost them.

Jeremy Whitley confirmed on Twitter a few weeks ago that they're still in effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Aren't the effects permanent? I don't think there has been anything suggesting she lost them.
    Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    Jeremy Whitley confirmed on Twitter a few weeks ago that they're still in effect.
    Cool. Thanks.

Bobbi needs to have some good exposure and stories, highlighting both her physical and scientific abilities.

Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Vol. 1 No. 7 (July 1983)

Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Deluxe Edition Vol. 2 No. 8 (July 1986)

Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Master Edition Vol. 1 No. 23 (October 1992)

The first and third profiles contradict each other... is she nearsighted or farsighted? And she used to be called Huntress? Did they change it to Mockingbird because of DC's Huntress?

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    Apparently, Avengers #12 has a line about Okoye interviewing Mockingbird for the Agents of Wakanda. I don't know if she's actually joining, but the possibility is exciting!
    It would make sense for Janet to recommend her, considering that they've been working together at GIRL.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-26-2019 at 06:44 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    . . . And she used to be called Huntress? Did they change it to Mockingbird because of DC's Huntress?
    Don't know exactly.

There was a Golden Age DC villainess named "Huntress" prior to Bobbi using that name. But Bobbi became Huntress in a story printed in Marvel Super Action #1 (January, 1976), which was a b&w magazine.
    DC didn't introduce the Helena Wayne version of The Huntress until DC Super Stars #17 (November/December 1977).
    The Helena Bertinelli version wasn't introduced until 1989 (after CoIE).

Incredible Member

Just wondering, does anyone immediately associate her character with Adrianne Palicki now?