Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

I don't immediately associate Mockingbird with Adrienne, but I looooove her performance so much. She was the only thing I ever enjoyed about Agents of SHIELD. I couldn't make myself keep watching after she left. It's a shame that she got stuck in the shows and not the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Don't know exactly.

There was a Golden Age DC villainess named "Huntress" prior to Bobbi using that name. But Bobbi became Huntress in a story printed in Marvel Super Action #1 (January, 1976), which was a b&w magazine.
    DC didn't introduce the Helena Wayne version of The Huntress until DC Super Stars #17 (November/December 1977).
    The Helena Bertinelli version wasn't introduced until 1989 (after CoIE).
    Then Helena Wayne could indeed be the reason for the change - Marvel Team-Up #95 was Bobbi's first appearance as Mockingbird - in 1980. Bear in mind that Mockingbird's name was on that cover. They may have been prevented from using Huntress for the same reason DC can't use Captain Marvel.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Then Helena Wayne could indeed be the reason for the change - Marvel Team-Up #95 was Bobbi's first appearance as Mockingbird - in 1980. Bear in mind that Mockingbird's name was on that cover. They may have been prevented from using Huntress for the same reason DC can't use Captain Marvel.
    I'm pretty sure I read something "official" that confirmed that Bobbi was renamed because of Helena Wayne, but I lent out my copy of Mockingbird: Bobbi Morse, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. I'm guessing that if it's written down anywhere, it's in that book.

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    I'm pretty sure I read something "official" that confirmed that Bobbi was renamed because of Helena Wayne, but I lent out my copy of Mockingbird: Bobbi Morse, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. I'm guessing that if it's written down anywhere, it's in that book.
    But, again, Helena Wayne didn't appear until AFTER Bobbi had used the Huntress name, and the Golden Age Huntress had only appeared as a villain occasionally in the 1970s.
    Maybe when DC started using the name for Helena Wayne, they figured it was easier to give Bobbi a new code-name since she had only used Huntress once (in that issue of Marvel Super Action).

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But, again, Helena Wayne didn't appear until AFTER Bobbi had used the Huntress name, and the Golden Age Huntress had only appeared as a villain occasionally in the 1970s.
    Maybe when DC started using the name for Helena Wayne, they figured it was easier to give Bobbi a new code-name since she had only used Huntress once (in that issue of Marvel Super Action).

Right. Bobbi was the Huntress first, but she only appeared with that codename once, in 1976, and then she was put on the shelf for four years. In those four years, Helena Wayne popularized the name. In 1980, when they brought Bobbi back for Marvel Team-Up, they knew they had to give her a new codename, so they used Mockingbird.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    Right. Bobbi was the Huntress first, but she only appeared with that codename once, in 1976, and then she was put on the shelf for four years. In those four years, Helena Wayne popularized the name. In 1980, when they brought Bobbi back for Marvel Team-Up, they knew they had to give her a new codename, so they used Mockingbird.
    "Mockingbird" was also an unused character concept for Mark Gruenwald's SPIDER-WOMAN run (she was originally going to be a black woman, and a villain for Jessica Drew), so when they were looking for ways to revamp Bobbi Morse as a lead character rather than a supporting one, they decided to take that unused design and adapt it to Bobbi, giving her the "Mockingbird" codename and weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    Just wondering, does anyone immediately associate her character with Adrianne Palicki now?
    In live action definitely. Such great casting that they need to utilize asap.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Crud View Post
    In live action definitely. Such great casting that they need to utilize asap.
    Exactly. Her performance as Bobbi is superb, and she brought so much to AGENTS OF SHIELD that I cannot believe they let her slip through their fingers when the spin-off pilot fell through. Since she wants to return to the role, and the fans never wanted her to leave in the first place, the writers had darned well better make sure to work in her at their first opportunity. They probably can't bring her back as a regular due to her commitments to THE ORVILLE, but even the occasional guest spot would be better than nothing.

Or maybe give us a Mockingbird solo tv show with the streaming miniseries, like they are working on for Loki, and Scarlet Witch, etc.

In case anyone wasn't aware, Bobbi will appear in Unstoppable Wasp #4, out tomorrow.

BANNED

Avengers #239 Jan 1984
    "Late Night of the Super-Stars!"
    Hawkeye arrives at Avengers Mansion with his new bride, Mockingbird.

Even as the couple accustom themselves to the Vision's new hologram form, Wonder Man calls
    to ask if the team will aid his acting career by appearing with him on the David Letterman Show.
    With the regular members on a mission, the Vision recruits several former members, and soon Wonder Man,
    Hawkeye and Mockingbird are joined by the Black Panther, the Beast and the Black Widow.

Fabian Stankowicz, the Avengers' bumbling antagonist, invades the TV studio in disguise
    and installs various of his inventions, which attack the heroes on stage,
    while Stankowicz brazenly takes the guest seat and explains his devices.
    When Letterman produces a giant doorknob and knocks him momentarily senseless,
    then deactivates his power source, the Avengers make short work of Fabian's creations.

To Wonder Man's dismay, however, the show's telecast is ultimately pre-empted by an emergency news bulletin.
    Notes: This issue includes the first meeting between Mockingbird and the Black Widow, two of Hawkeye's leading ladies.
    The letters page features a parody by Assistant Editor Mike Carlin.

Script by Roger Stern. Pencils by Al Milgrom. Inks by Joe Sinnott.

In addition to Unstoppable Wasp, Bobbi makes an appearance in today's spoilers:
    Captain America #7
    end of spoilers.

Bobbi shows up (wordlessly, in the background) of the most recent issue of Captain America, as a part of the 'Daughters of Liberty' team. It seems like we may see more of them, and thus her.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    Bobbi shows up (wordlessly, in the background) of the most recent issue of Captain America, as a part of the 'Daughters of Liberty' team. It seems like we may see more of them, and thus her.
    Did you note the post above yours?

Probably didn't read the spoiler and thought that OOTCS was saying she was in Wasp.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Not sure why a spoiler was required there.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”