Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Is Namor actually the secret Spring council member?

aka The Red King? Per Sinister Secret #12:

" ...the changing of the tides at the Hellfire Club Bay. We hear one of the seas to be carefully navigated is deep and red."

Namor was shown to be hostile toward the hellfire club back in Fraction run. However, if he was joining the club at this time, it would be a "changing of the tide", would it not? It would make sense that a sea-trading division of Hellfire club have Namor on its back, hence "...one of the seas to be carefully navigated is deep and red." Obviously, this would mean Namor is the Red King, per the red reference. Deep could reference to Namor and Emma "deep" history with each other.

Moreover, did you notice that Namor was quite heavily featured in HOX 6? Hickman would not show him off in such a manner if Namor did not have major roles in Krakoa's future/

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Didn't Duggan confirm on Twitter that the Red Queen was Kate?

Moreover, I don't see how Namor can be in Krakoa while still running his own nation.

Quote Originally Posted by emfrst View Post
    aka The Red King? Per Sinister Secret #12:

" ...the changing of the tides at the Hellfire Club Bay. We hear one of the seas to be carefully navigated is deep and red."

Namor was shown to be hostile toward the hellfire club back in Fraction run. However, if he was joining the club at this time, it would be a "changing of the tide", would it not? It would make sense that a sea-trading division of Hellfire club have Namor on its back, hence "...one of the seas to be carefully navigated is deep and red." Obviously, this would mean Namor is the Red King, per the red reference. Deep could reference to Namor and Emma "deep" history with each other.

Moreover, did you notice that Namor was quite heavily featured in HOX 6? Hickman would not show him off in such a manner if Namor did not have major roles in Krakoa's future/
    This would be an interesting twist. We know Kate is the Red Queen but a "King" hasn't been specifically announced. Ororo is on the council and still able to voyage around the world so I can see Namor being able to hold his throne and be on the council.

Unless of course it is Kate and she joins the council once the portal situation is figured out.
    Last edited by JB; 10-26-2019 at 10:45 AM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Didn't Duggan confirm on Twitter that the Red Queen was Kate?

Moreover, I don't see how Namor can be in Krakoa while still running his own nation.
    He confirmed Kitty was the Red Queen in relation to his solciits about two Queens it wasn't in relation to Hickmans council BUT the teaser art about that extra seat with Storm, Nightcrawler smiling its probably Kitty

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    This would be an interesting twist. We know Kate is the Red Queen but a "King" hasn't been specifically announced. Ororo is on the council and still able to voyage around the world so I can see Namor being able to hold his throne and be on the council.
    Is not the voyage that would be the issue, but rather the fact he would be running two nations at the same time. I also think Hickman would have brought him in himself if he wanted to.

That said, I could see it (and the "deep" reference wouldn't be to a relationship with Emma, but rather because Atlantis is in the depths of the ocean), but seems less likely.

Astonishing Member

For all that Namor makes a powerful and passionate ally, he’s too much of a liability to include on the Quiet Council.

The future Moira, X and Eric are building has no more a place for Atlanteans in it than any other failed offshoot; and Namor will always place his Mother’s people before his own kind.

BANNED

Unless of course it is Kate and she joins the council once the portal situation is figured out.
    Sinister's secret 11 implied Kitty to be the third choice for leading Marauders. However, in POX 5, Emma immediately thought of this person as the candidate for her third seat. This occurred before the creation of the Marauders seafaring team. If Emma's seat was for Kitty in the beginning, Kitty would not have been the third choice, but rather, the first for Marauders lead. Plus, Emma is secretive about the seat choice and allowed no veto power from X and Magneto about it. Emma knows X and Magneto would not like her Spring council choice. Just like Moira said, Emma is "up to something."

Moreover, have you noticed that solicits and panels mentioned a lot about the Red King and nothing about the Red Queen?

BANNED

Namor ain’t with it. He’s welcome, but his kingdom is not.

Quote Originally Posted by emfrst View Post
    Moreover, have you noticed that solicits and panels mentioned a lot about the Red King and nothing about the Red Queen?
    This is the one that intrigued me:

"Sebastian Shaw recruits a new Black Bishop continuing with his machinations against the two Queens of the Hellfire Club! Meanwhile, Captain Kate and her Marauders wreak havoc on the high seas from the Atlantic to the Pacific in the name of the mutant cause!"

No mention of a Red King here so I was stumped.

This is the one that intrigued me:

"Sebastian Shaw recruits a new Black Bishop continuing with his machinations against the two Queens of the Hellfire Club! Meanwhile, Captain Kate and her Marauders wreak havoc on the high seas from the Atlantic to the Pacific in the name of the mutant cause!"

No mention of a Red King here so I was stumped.
    I think it's because Emma is keeping the name close and not telling anyone. Kitty accepted two proposals from Emma. I think one is to be a quiet council member, and the other is to take her place as the Red Queen of the Hellfire Club.

There was an image of all the names of the Quiet Council members and Kate Pryde was listed as the Red King under the redaction.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

This was the article where they found the names of the entire Quiet Council under the redactions in the file:

This page in POWERS OF X #5 might reveal major spoilers for the upcoming DAWN OF X
    https://www.comicsbeat.com/powers-of...of-x-spoilers/
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I think it's because Emma is keeping the name close and not telling anyone. Kitty accepted two proposals from Emma. I think one is to be a quiet council member, and the other is to take her place as the Red Queen of the Hellfire Club.
    As yes, you're absolutely right. Emma is playing with my mind!

So where did the "Red King" come from since she's listed as the Red Queen? I can't remember!

I think Namor would join when Charles want to take a more hard approach towards humans, or that was i understood. Maybe not a hard approach but a more superior view of themselves. Didnt he say something like "Call me when you mean it"

Maybe him joining with Charles will be the signal that the first ? big arc for Krakoa is starting and that the secret of Moira could be revealed, until then "Go away little man"

Astonishing Member

Namor might eventually align with Krakoa and join the X-Men again if he believes Xavier truly has made a change, but short of mind-control he will never pick Krakoa and Mutantdom over Atlantis if Xavier forces a choice.

Maybe Namor was the second choice (after Storm and before Kitty).