Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Colossus Appreciation 2019

It seems the old thread has been locked so I took it upon myself to create a new thread.

Welcome all Colossus fans. Here you can post your favorite stories, artwork, and breaking news as we talk about all things about our favorite Russian metal mutant.

Currently he's set to appear in the upcoming Age of X-Man where he will be on Nate Grey's exalted X-Men team as the xbooks are using this event to eventually set the tone of the xbooks going forward as it appears to be an alternate universe where Plots loses a forearm

780ac5a5-23ab-4fbc-bb97-a22b34b8bb54.jpg

BANNED

Most wasted X-Man post-Claremont.

Decent turn in Age of Apocalypse.

Juggernaught bit was good.

Wood wrote him well.

The thing with Domino was decent.

Been a bad 25 years or so really.

Curious, why do threads get locked?

I really hope they have plans to make his missing arm into something interesting... other than just fighting one armed. I guess it is a bit of a call back to Wolverine only having one hand is AoA. Maybe he has some addition to his powerset to make up for the loss? I like they are keeping him with some facial hair as I have like his beard (more from Astonishing X-Men, than his fat lumberjack design from a couple years back)

Incredible Member

I remember the moderators a few months ago when the forum was having troubles loadingthat they locked huge threads in an attempt to alleviate the slowdown. Maybe they didn't the same for a majority of the appreciation threads

There's a sticky at the top of the forum about it. I missed it at first too. XD

Incredible Member

Ah now I feel dumb for not seeing the post. It makes sense I guess

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by petrefax View Post
    I remember the moderators a few months ago when the forum was having troubles loadingthat they locked huge threads in an attempt to alleviate the slowdown. Maybe they didn't the same for a majority of the appreciation threads
    if certain people would stop attaching pages and pages of copyrighted material just to support their own arguments it might help.

It'd be interesting if an alt. Kitty in a fit of rage for being rejected at the altar took his left arm..."can't marry anyone else if you don't have a hand"

Incredible Member

https://twitter.com/LukasWerneck/sta...900454400?s=09

Twitter user Lukaswerneck drew redesigns of the x-men and Brotherhood costumes and did one for Piotr and a slight design tweak on Illyana

IMG_20190117_084928.jpg

Incredible Member

IMG_20190118_162935995.jpg

I scored a Colossus x-force costume Funko Pop today

Astonishing Member
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

I wonder what an X-Men team & book built around Colossus-as-central-POV would be?

Magik, Shadowcat, Storm, Nightcrawler & Wolverine?

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Jazzy Johnny "Ring-a-Ding" Romita!!!

Uncanny X-Men #177 Jan 1984
    "Sanction"
    Mystique is in a Circus when Wolverine ambushes her from behind. She dodges, but he still draws blood.
    After a quick but brutal fight she slits his throat and he bleeds out.
    Kitty Pryde phases up out of the ground moments later, and seeing Wolverine down, rushes over to him.
    Its not Wolverine - its Mystique playing dead - and she's just gutted the girl.
    Suddenly the building behind Mystique explodes as a huge hurled stone strikes it, sending her flying.

Colossus confronts her in a rage, and she realizes Cyclops is also there as he clips her from behind - she retreats into a funhouse hall of mirrors.
    The fun house is really a carefully constructed trap, and she uses it to focus Cyclops optic beam and amplify it until it can penetrate even Colossus's armored body!
    Cyclops, distraught over Peter's death, doesn't notice Mystique as she comes up behind him and garotte's him.

Having changed into a combat suit, Mystique gets confronted by Storm. But the suit absorbs her lightning, and lets her channel it back at Storm.
    Storm dodges, but Mystique wasn't aiming at Storm, but at the tank of gasoline behind her!
    No longer held aloft by Storm's winds, she falls through the big top, and catches the bars - only to have Rogue try to bring the house down!
    Mystique pulls a blaster on her, and it actually finishes Rogue.
    In agony over having killed her foster daughter, she's totally unprepared for Nightcrawler's attack, however his multi-porting doesn't phase Mystique at all!
    She draws a dagger for the kill, but finds herself unable to follow through - and Nightcrawler knocks her out.

She comes to with Destiny looking over her. Arcade and Miss Locke come in to celebrate her performance.
    Mystique wants all the Brotherhood to train in Murderworld - same deal, one of the robots will be set to kill.
    Mystique asks which was in hers, and Arcade tells her it was Rogue.
    After Arcade and Miss Locke leaves, Irene tells Mystique that her vendetta against the X-Men is a mistake.
    Salem Center. Kitty is about to leave her dance lessons, and she starts to talk
    to Stevie about Ororo's change in personality when Ororo comes to pick her up.
    But Kitty doesn't want to talk to Ororo right then, and walks past her.

The Starjammer. Charles and Lilandra say there goodbyes, and Corsair bids his sons farewell.
    The Starjammers leave earth with Lilandra to reclaim her throne.

Kurt, Amanda Sefton, Kitty and Peter go to see the Royal Ballet at Lincoln Center.
    Peter drops Kurt and Amanda off, then he and Kitty go to park the car.
    Kitty and Peter finally park the car and are walking towards Lincoln Center when they see an explosion on top of a nearby building!
    Colossus rushes up to save anyone he can from the fire while Kitty runs off to call help. However, Colossus finds no fire, only Blob!

Blob punches Colossus through the wall where he is caught by Pyro's firebird!
    Pyro heats him till he's red hot, then throws him to earth in the midst of semis with liquid nitrogen tanks!
    Avalanche's tidal wave effect sweeps the trucks towards Colossus.

Kitty rushes towards the scene at the sound of his howl of agony, only to find him a frozen statue!

Story by Chris Claremont. Art by John Romita, Jr.
    and John Romita, Sr https://13thdimension.com/13-covers-...celebration-4/

BANNED

Uncanny X-Men #240 Jan 1989
    Inferno: Part 1 of 7 - "Strike the Match!"
    Alex Summers and Madelyne Pryor have decided to spend the evening at the Rainbow Room in Manhattan.
    They have a romantic evening and can't help but notice that the place is empty and that the weather in Manhattan has been unseasonably warm.
    Their evening is interrupted by a group of paranormal investigators who have come to set
    up equipment to monitor the Empire State Building, which they believe is growing in size.
    Their disturbance upset the owner of the shop and the scientists are kicked out.
    As they enter the elevator they are surprised when the walls come to life and attack them.
    While Havok talks to the owner, Madelyne examines the Empire State Building through binoculars and sees it as it really is and is happy.
    When Alex rejoins her the two decide to return home to their secret hideout in Australia.
    As they enter the elevator, Alex finds one of the scientists pairs of glasses and wonders what happened.
    Madelyne, noticing the scientists are now part of the demonic mural in the elevator, dismisses their abrupt departure
    and the two are soon teleported back to Australia by Gateway.
    When Alex tries to spend more time with Madelyne, she decides to have some alone time and is teleported away by Gateway.
    Realizing she's upset, Alex thinks he can come up with a way to help her and rushes towards the X-Men's base.

Madelyne, having adopted her Goblin Queen persona has come to Bard College where she finds the grave of Jean Grey.
    She is angry that her husband Scott Summers supposedly got over his love of Jean when they married and angrily destroys Jean's tomb stone.
    Coincidentally, Jean's parents John and Elaine had come to the grave site and mistaking Madelyne for Jean,
    they are easily overpowered and transformed into demons, something she finds incredibly funny.
    When N'Astirh joins her, she demands that he bring her to her son otherwise face her wraith.
    N'Astirh complies and the four beings are teleported away.

Back in Australia, Rogue has taken to wearing some of Dazzler's clothing and trying to teach Longshot how to roller skate.
    When Dazzler jealously confronts her, she upsets Longshot when she suggests that he is her own private property,
    not realizing that while she loves Longshot he only regards her as a friend.
    Seen on the monitors by Alex, he comments to himself how Longshot should be careful with Dazzler's feelings.
    Using the devices, Alex manages to track down the Marauders.
    When he realizes that Wolverine and Storm have sneaked up on him,
    he tells the two that he has tracked the Marauders to the Alley where they had originally slaughtered the Morlocks.

Meanwhile, N'Astirh has teleported the Goblin Queen to a complex below an orphanage in Nebraska
    where she finds a device similar to the Creche she saw in Genosha.
    Wondering what it is, she gets a vision that suggests that she was grown in there.
    When she looks at the plaque she finds that the experiment inside was called "Madelyne".

While in the Alley below Manhattan, the Marauders are settling into their new headquarters
    when Blockbuster runs into the X-Men down one of the darkened alleys.

He is knocked flat by Colossus, starting the X-Men's ambush on the group.
    The X-Men are out for blood and attack savagely, taking the Marauders by surprise.
    In the confusion of battle, Blockbuster is surprised when the wall behind him suddenly comes to life and swallows him whole.

The battle takes another turn when Polaris uses her powers so snare Colossus and she gets into a "tug" of war with Storm,
    who pits her wind generating power against Polaris' magnetic abilities -- the loser would be pummeled to death by Colossus's body.
    However Polaris turns the tables by causing Colossus to smash through the top of the tunnel allowing the Marauders to escape to the surface above.

When the X-Men follow after them both groups are shocked to see the entire city has undergone some transformation.

Back in Nebraska, the Goblin Queen is furious over the lack of answers that N'Astirh has provided
    when they are both confronted by Mr. Sinister who tells Madelyne that he is her father.

Story by Chris Claremont. Art by Marc Silvestri and Dan Green.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I wonder what an X-Men team & book built around Colossus-as-central-POV would be?

Magik, Shadowcat, Storm, Nightcrawler & Wolverine?
    Yeah that's probably it as Colossus hasn't made a lot of friendships aside from those five. Unless you'd count some of the romantic entanglements he's been in like with Domino and Callisto. In the Kelly Thompson story of the Kitty piotr wedding special Callisto appeared in the issue. Though Piotr has had a good rapport with Iceman since their days on the Gold Team together in the 90s. I remember Marrow and Colossus being pretty chummy when she first joined the X-men.

But I could see Colossus as a mentor to a younger generation of mutants as well. It seemed like they were teasing Colossus mentoring Rockslide with the x academy kids

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by petrefax View Post
    Yeah that's probably it as Colossus hasn't made a lot of friendships aside from those five. Unless you'd count some of the romantic entanglements he's been in like with Domino and Callisto. In the Kelly Thompson story of the Kitty piotr wedding special Callisto appeared in the issue. Though Piotr has had a good rapport with Iceman since their days on the Gold Team together in the 90s. I remember Marrow and Colossus being pretty chummy when she first joined the X-men.

But I could see Colossus as a mentor to a younger generation of mutants as well. It seemed like they were teasing Colossus mentoring Rockslide with the x academy kids
    He’s been shown to be close with Havok, Dazzler, Psylocke, and Rogue.

Would love to see him point and centre with the right writer.