Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipitus View Post
    You are so wrong. Just watch.
    I'll do that. In the meantime please stop making untrue claims about Colossus' status with zero basis in fact.

Sorry, your fan fiction of Kitty hooking up with Illyana will not happen. Unless, of course, JDW has his way.
    Uh, what?

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I'll do that. In the meantime please stop making untrue claims about Colossus' status with zero basis in fact.

Uh, what?
    Untrue with zero basis on fact. Scroll up, you Colossus fan. There is at least 10 examples of your good friend JDW saying he does not like Colossus. But in the meantime I will ignore that and be happy Colossus is hurting after a trip to Russia.

BANNED

There is at least 10 examples of your good friend JDW saying he does not like Colossus.
    My what?

Again, JDW's personal opinion is not relevant. According to Marvel, Colossus is a member of the new X-Force. There is zero factual evidence to support your claim that he will not be featured and is a guest star. You are basing this entirely on your personal theory that, because JDW is not a fan of Colossus, therefore Colossus will not be featured. That is just your opinion. It's also wrong per Marvel's own promotional material. JDW does not control Hickman, and Colossus is going to be featured. Enjoy.

My what?

Again, JDW's personal opinion is not relevant. According to Marvel, Colossus is a member of the new X-Force. There is zero factual evidence to support your claim that he will not be featured and is a guest star. You are basing this entirely on your personal theory that, because JDW is not a fan of Colossus, therefore Colossus will not be featured. That is just your opinion. It's also wrong per Marvel's own promotional material. JDW does not control Hickman, and Colossus is going to be featured. Enjoy.
    And watch what he will be featured as...

I never said Hickman did not like Colossus, scroll up and see what I had to say. And as much as you want to claim Colossus will be a part of X-Force...just watch. Let it be Bendis, Jason Aaron, JDW, etc.Peter is screwed. He will have no real part of X-Force besides being a bad guy or worse.

BANNED

You are welcome to believe that. Just don’t state it as fact to people with zero evidence.

If you've read the first issue, Colossus certainly doesn't appear to be a part of the main cast of this book. He isn't in the credits. He doesn't operate with the rest of the team. He also doesn't appear on any of the main covers or even variants beyond issue one, and isn't mentioned in any of the text solicitations accompanying those covers. And the interviews promoting the book with writer Benjamin Percy do not mention his role on the team either, despite other team members being discussed.

JDW's personal opinion is certainly relevant. He has the power to do whatever he likes with Colossus, and he freaking hates the character. That's real bad news for Colossus fans.

And the first issue has disturbing indications that something very bad is about to happen with Colossus. The script that was included with the director's cut of the book tells you what the artist's art was unable to convey during the scene with the healer, Jean and Colossus. This is what Percy wrote

spoilers:
    "And here we go close on Colossus as his eyes open (he was feigning sleep a moment before). His expression is calm and calculating, and we should suspect that something is off.
    end of spoilers

This screams double agent. If they have Colossus betray the X-men and innocent mutants end up getting killed, it would put a stain on his character that he may never recover from. And JDW wouldn't be bothered by that in the least, clearly.

Hickman likes Colossus. For example, in his Secret Wars #1, Colossus and Nightcrawler are around during the incursion with the Ultimate Universe. Peter assures She-Hulk his aim is true, and gives her cousin (the Hulk) a perfect Fastball Special into the Triskalion. He then has Colossus along with Hulk and She Hulk tipping it over. But Hickman had to make sacrifices to write the story he wanted to write, and JDW said Colossus can only be seen picking a piece of Krakoa on the first page of the first issue of HoX. JDW hates Colossus. I am very surprised many of you guys and gals did not pick up on it.
    Cool, that's nice to be reminded of, Thanks

Sorry, your fan fiction of Kitty hooking up with Illyana will not happen. Unless, of course, JDW has his way.
    Uh, what?
    Uh, Omnipitus, yeah I gotta echo Powerpax' "Uh what?" here, I've only ever noticed one cbr poster incessantly wanting the Kitty and Illyana hook up, and that ain't Powerpax. That pairing would ruin both characters, and it would be the absolute end of Piotr and Kitty, which imo JDW wouldn't want to totally end, because having the big ol' hunky Piotr be infatuated with her, gives her a certain desirability, haters can kid themselves and turn that stuff into 'unsolicited sexual advances', but pfft they're just *insert expletive* (nah, make it an even more vicious expletive )

And watch what he will be featured as...

I never said Hickman did not like Colossus, scroll up and see what I had to say. And as much as you want to claim Colossus will be a part of X-Force...just watch. Let it be Bendis, Jason Aaron, JDW, etc.Peter is screwed. He will have no real part of X-Force besides being a bad guy or worse.
    Just to balance things somewhat, JDW hasn't been doing a good job of enthusing many individual fan bases. He's only ever been derogatory of Gambit, has been and shown absolutely no consideration and appreciation of Rogue, He's only just starting to throw Cyke fans measly tidbits, Storm he seems to dismiss, just to name a few. Adam-X has gotten it even worse than Colossus. He needs to start showing more professionalism, diplomacy, and savvy quickly and less fanboy biases, but in other ways he's doing alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
    If you've read the first issue, Colossus certainly doesn't appear to be a part of the main cast of this book. He isn't in the credits. He doesn't operate with the rest of the team. He also doesn't appear on any of the main covers or even variants beyond issue one, and isn't mentioned in any of the text solicitations accompanying those covers. And the interviews promoting the book with writer Benjamin Percy do not mention his role on the team either, despite other team members being discussed.

JDW's personal opinion is certainly relevant. He has the power to do whatever he likes with Colossus, and he freaking hates the character. That's real bad news for Colossus fans.

And the first issue has disturbing indications that something very bad is about to happen with Colossus. The script that was included with the director's cut of the book tells you what the artist's art was unable to convey during the scene with the healer, Jean and Colossus. This is what Percy wrote

This screams double agent. If they have Colossus betray the X-men and innocent mutants end up getting killed, it would put a stain on his character that he may never recover from. And JDW wouldn't be bothered by that in the least, clearly.
    Yeah, the credits were a WTF!

See, I personally took the calm and calculating as 'woooh interesting', In no way a double agent. I'm thinking it's all a way to kinda sorta justify Piotr being in the book, he's pissed at what happened, a man on the edge, a loose canon now. This is X-force and so it's gonna be a bit brutal, we've already seen that, so I'm not expecting 'nice' stuff for the cast, but It'll be a change of pace, for sure.

JDW could spend his whole reign throwing all sorts of dirt at Colossus, but it'll always wash off. Piotr' character is fixed as prejudged through hate and fear as hard and cold on the outside, but is none of that, he's filial, loyal, protective and artistic.

Benjamin Percy wears checked flannel shirts people!, he's practically Colossus . Colossus is in the best place for now, yes, it may take a few months to get there (as it may be for Rogue too) but It'll get interesting, epic and fun soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
    You'd expect that at least one writer could write Colossus without breaking the character even further. But since Lobdell in the 90s, every Peter story involves family dying, being a psycho EX or unnecesarily violent.

Why can't they find interesting things to do with him without that bloody character assassination

BANNED

JDW was not editing the X-books when that decision was made lol (and it was a writer, Donny Cates, who came up with it).

Earthlings confuse me

• Referring to Colossus as Piotr, is a sign of respect, towards his heritage, character, and towards the concept of the global scope and inclusion of the All New All Different class of 75. I wouldn't go as far as to say that anglicizing his name to Peter is any form of disrespect, but for me, Piotr, is a personal preference, and I like rolling my R's, and I like the name Piotr. If there is a story in which he himself has renounced the name for some reason and so Piotr comes across to someone as snide, then let us all know.

• Enthusiasm and optimism is far much more closer to appreciation than pessimism is. Appreciation: noun 1) recognition and enjoyment of the good qualities of someone or something. 2) a full understanding of a situation.

• Count your blessings!, or if you can't manage that then look to Sunfire, Banshee or Thunderbird for perspective on Colossus' position, prospects, and worth to the X-office.

• Nah, the wedding veto had JDW ALL over it, Whatta dick move. Cates just suggested/facilitated the get out route, another dick move.

Sure, venting your frustration/getting it off your chest/having a rant is one thing, It's wholly acceptable use of these forums to me, but pepper in some joy once in awhile.

Let's look at stuff for a bit...

X-Men Colossus Piotr Rasputin Mutant Uniform Zip Up Hoodie

SaruZann.Inc: Fan art

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    Earthlings confuse me

• Referring to Colossus as Piotr, is a sign of respect, towards his heritage, character, and towards the concept of the global scope and inclusion of the All New All Different class of 75. I wouldn't go as far as to say that anglicizing his name to Peter is any form of disrespect, but for me, Piotr, is a personal preference, and I like rolling my R's, and I like the name Piotr. If there is a story in which he himself has renounced the name for some reason and so Piotr comes across to someone as snide, then let us all know.

• Enthusiasm and optimism is far much more closer to appreciation than pessimism is. Appreciation: noun 1) recognition and enjoyment of the good qualities of someone or something. 2) a full understanding of a situation.

• Count your blessings!, or if you can't manage that then look to Sunfire, Banshee or Thunderbird for perspective on Colossus' position, prospects, and worth to the X-office.

• Nah, the wedding veto had JDW ALL over it, Whatta dick move. Cates just suggested/facilitated the get out route, another dick move.

Sure, venting your frustration/getting it off your chest/having a rant is one thing, It's wholly acceptable use of these forums to me, but pepper in some joy once in awhile.

Let's look at stuff for a bit...

X-Men Colossus Piotr Rasputin Mutant Uniform Zip Up Hoodie

SaruZann.Inc: Fan art
    Wow, that is pretty badass! I may get it, but my girlfriend would get pissed. I would wear it around the condo, and she may think it's "cute", but she gets angry enough with all the Colossus stuff I buy.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 11-13-2019 at 05:37 PM.

Things to bear in mind

This is a Colossus appreciation thread

Do not get personal with other posters.

The ignore feature can be your friend.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Referring to Colossus as Piotr (and yes, I know that is his birth name) began in Excalibur, written by Warren Ellis. Until then, he was always referred to as "Peter" by his friends and teammates. Moving forward, if a writer did not care for Colossus, he was called Piotr. If a writer was fond of Colossus, he was Peter.
    Um...I don't see how it's the name's fault. Seriously, of all the things to complain about. Calling Colossus by a proper Russian name is the one thing Warren Ellis did right by him.

BANNED

He's actually been called Piotr often since the first Claremont era when I began reading. "Peter" is used a bit less, but often interchangeably. It did not begin with Ellis, nor do I see a reason to tie this to Pete Wisdom.

Referring to Colossus as Piotr (and yes, I know that is his birth name) began in Excalibur, written by Warren Ellis. Until then, he was always referred to as "Peter" by his friends and teammates. Moving forward, if a writer did not care for Colossus, he was called Piotr. If a writer was fond of Colossus, he was Peter.
    I'll take your word on that, as you da fan!. I'd defer to fans knowledge of these characters, always, it's kinda the point of reading these here comicbook resources forums. Your cynicism kinda makes me a little bit wary of your accuracy though.

Wow, that is pretty badass! I may get it, but my girlfriend would get pissed. I would wear it around the condo, and she may think it's "cute", but she gets angry enough with all the Colossus stuff I buy.
    Ha, yep, it looks great, it just works. She'll love it, put on the accent, flex some and she'll forgive the expense soon enough, fun will ensue, guaranteed.

Some dynamism in gif form for the page, cos.....

Last edited by Ultimate Rogue; 11-13-2019 at 02:47 PM. Reason: spelling