Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Uncanny X-Men #245 Jun 1989
    "Men!"
    In orbit above Earth, an alien coalition prepares to launch its invasion of the planet
    as an archivist discovers humanity's success against other alien foes.

In Australia, a morose Havok observes his teammates through the town's computer system
    before getting into an argument with Storm and Wolverine over their use.
    Suspecting what worked for the women would help the men as well, Wolverine suggests a boys night out.

In space, the invasion leader is shown the Jean Bomb, a weapon in the form of a red-headed woman with the power to destroy all bonds.
    Just then, the archivist tries to warn the leader about Earth, but is gunned down for getting too close.

In Sydney, Wolverine leads the male X-Men into a bar, where Longshot proceeds to dance with all the women while the rest get drunk.
    Eventually, they're drawn outside by the sound of the invasion attacking the city.
    Most of the city's denizens seem unperturbed by the presence of the invaders.

At the bar, Colossus gets into a brawl with a group of shock troops,

while Longshot is accosted by a team of winged female commandos whom he eventually charms.
    Infuriated by the failures of his forces, the leader orders the detonation of the Jean Bomb
    as Wolverine bluffs his way to a win in a game of poker against the strike force's commander.

Outside, the leader's ship departs as it prepares to drop the bomb, but Havok blasts it, destroying the ship and the weapon, ending the invasion.
    The X-Men return home, all the better for their night out.
    Meanwhile, in Kentucky, Tessa investigates a massacre at a Shaw Industries facility, and learns that Donald Pierce has escaped.

NOTE: This issue is a parody of the "Invasion" storyline DC did around the same time.

Story by Chris Claremont. Art by Rob Liefeld and Dan Green.

Spectacular Member

The Colossus talk has been slow lately. What has he been up to?

Quote Originally Posted by snoopdogg View Post
    The Colossus talk has been slow lately. What has he been up to?
    He had been in the Age of X-Man book Marvelous X-Men, last seen We are lead to believe he was captured by some mutant government organization, but no one really seems worried he has disappeared. Maybe he might be in Omega #1 which I think is the last issue in the event?

Hickman's run can't start soon enough (although I would assume Colossus fans will still find ourselves wanting).

Astonishing Member

Colossus is my favorite X-Man but I hate what they've done to him post 2000.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by jcubed View Post
    He had been in the Age of X-Man book Marvelous X-Men, last seen We are lead to believe he was captured by some mutant government organization, but no one really seems worried he has disappeared. Maybe he might be in Omega #1 which I think is the last issue in the event?

Hickman's run can't start soon enough (although I would assume Colossus fans will still find ourselves wanting).
    Now Juggernaut is a X-Man again I wonder if Colossus will take a back seat.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by snoopdogg View Post
    Now Juggernaut is a X-Man again I wonder if Colossus will take a back seat.
    I hope not, but isn't the last word of Hickman's run that there's gonna be some odd Illyana/Piotr amalgamation..? Which is female, and therefore probably more Illyana than Piotr anyway?

Not really interested in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorsify View Post
    I hope not, but isn't the last word of Hickman's run that there's gonna be some odd Illyana/Piotr amalgamation..? Which is female, and therefore probably more Illyana than Piotr anyway?

Not really interested in that.
    Yeah this character has been on the Cover(s?) reveals of Powers of X. Along with some other characters that have similarities with existing X-Men. My guess is that these are maybe some descendants of current X-Men maybe? So not a mashup of Colossus and Magik but possibly Peters daughter, grand daughter or the like that has his power set and the Soul Sword?

Is Juggy back as an X-Men? I have been checked out of the X-Men books for a bit.

Even if he is, who knows how Hickman will use him.
    Last edited by jcubed; 07-05-2019 at 09:23 AM.

Amazing Member

It's been a sad decade for Colossus and his fans. Marvel, the writers and editors have mostly disregarded him or made him part of the proverbial forgetful background. Aside from Deadpool 1 & 2, there is little to cheer for. Ironically and from what I've experienced and read, many non-comic book readers enjoyed the character and would like to see more of him. Why Marvel decides not to take advantage of that is beyond my mortal frame and mind.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
    It's been a sad decade for Colossus and his fans. Marvel, the writers and editors have mostly disregarded him or made him part of the proverbial forgetful background. Aside from Deadpool 1 & 2, there is little to cheer for. Ironically and from what I've experienced and read, many non-comic book readers enjoyed the character and would like to see more of him. Why Marvel decides not to take advantage of that is beyond my mortal frame and mind.
    Shouldn't be surprising. Marvel writers have consistently shown they don't know how to use him beyond being a dumb tank/bruiser on the X-men (who is either good, or bad, for/with Kitty depending on the writer).

The most interesting thing to happen to Colossus, imo, was the Juggernaut and then the Phoenix Force inhabiting him, neither of which was ever really referenced or explored (as mystical/cosmic forces inhabiting and influencing him) after they were gone.

Every time something interesting seems like it could be happening (Colossus getting drunk and moping after being left at the altar, a reasonable reaction to being asked to marry and then having the person renege), the book was cancelled after a few issues and it never went anywhere.. and then he got reset and we still haven't actually seen how he lost an arm.

Make him go back to russia. Deal with Russian villains (omega red/etc). Get involved in Russian politics and espionage as he tries to do good in his home country until he needs to call for back-up from Logan/Kurt/Kitty/the X-men. Sooomething. It's kind of a shame Ellie got changed in the comics to her movie likeness, but then didn't get that mentor relationship with Piotr to help turn him into more of a tutor-type, which he would realistically be good at. He can tank most other mutant's powers and he's calm and centered enough to help them learn to control their emotions and mutations as a result.

They are freaking out on the Magik and Kitty Pryde threads the character from Hickman's upcoming run with the soul sword and the "armored" arm is Peter and Kitty's kid. Personally, I have grown to hate Magik over the last half-decade or so. She has screwed Colossus over a lot in the comics, and her fans really, really want her and Kitty to become a couple. It has lead to a lot of talk of Peter as a "statuary rapist" and a "pedophile". That is simply not true, and gives Colossus a real bad rep. Hickman treated Colossus in a good way in the first issue of his Secret Wars, so I doubt he will write him like Jason Aaron. He might not show up, but I am hoping he will be treated respectfully if he does, or his legacy.

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

If you could describe Colossus and what he stands for/his personality in one word what would be ?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipitus View Post
    They are freaking out on the Magik and Kitty Pryde threads the character from Hickman's upcoming run with the soul sword and the "armored" arm is Peter and Kitty's kid. Personally, I have grown to hate Magik over the last half-decade or so. She has screwed Colossus over a lot in the comics, and her fans really, really want her and Kitty to become a couple. It has lead to a lot of talk of Peter as a "statuary rapist" and a "pedophile". That is simply not true, and gives Colossus a real bad rep. Hickman treated Colossus in a good way in the first issue of his Secret Wars, so I doubt he will write him like Jason Aaron. He might not show up, but I am hoping he will be treated respectfully if he does, or his legacy.
    Doubt it’s their kid, wouldn’t explain how the character also seems to have elements of Dani Moonstar.

Seems no real sign of him from the promos.

Artists seem to love him but few Writers have been able to use him well. Whedon said he struggled with getting the tone of the character right.

Personally, I think a book with Magik and him with a Supernatural theme would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by JJS View Post
    Doubt it’s their kid, wouldn’t explain how the character also seems to have elements of Dani Moonstar.

Seems no real sign of him from the promos.

Artists seem to love him but few Writers have been able to use him well. Whedon said he struggled with getting the tone of the character right.

Personally, I think a book with Magik and him with a Supernatural theme would be great.
    Nah, she would screw him over again and make him more unlikable to the average fan fiction nut from Eastern Europe who wants to ship Magik with Kitty.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipitus View Post
    That is Illyana your seeing there.

Last edited by Shreene; 07-09-2019 at 11:14 PM.