Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    As much as I like the character, I am not a fan of the Avengers, and probably would not follow him there, but I agree that time away from the usual,suspects would be good for him, and force writers to find new situations to put him in. That is why I liked his time in X-Force so much, it had none of the characters that he is usually paired with, and he was allowed to be more interesting than just the team muscle. Whatever the plans for the X-line are after Hickman, please, please, please keep him far away from Ilyana and Kitty.
    Ah yeah, I agree. The Avengers are as dull as dishwater and have always been, but Rogues inclusion within the Uncanny Avengers piqued a little interest in them. It was exciting to have Rogue interact with different characters. I didn't appreciate it at the time as her arc was dark and grim for the first 2 years!! but in hindsight it wasn't so bad. She has gained some great rogues to her rogues gallery and had roles in better stories than the x-writers were producing at the time.

Colossus would benefit the same me thinks, plus it's the only way of keeping him away from Kitty and Magik, unless they get handed to the Avengers office.

So who are Colossus' rogues?

Cyttorak
    Juggernaut
    Riptide
    Ord
    Hulk
    Mikhail
    Proteus
    Zaladane?
    Venom
    Belasco
    Phoenix Force

Oh and, has his amputated arm been x-plained yet in AOXM?

I think I read that he lost it during the battle with Stryfe, but not 100% sure.

Ah that's weird. Stryfe..........trouble and strife, means 'wife' in cockney rhyming slang so maybe a reference to the the non-wedding.
    It's his wedding ring finger arm.

Hope it gets a flash back scene, or can someone who has twitter or insta ask JDW through the AIPT interviews about it. He owes Colossus fans some consideration after his earlier comments about Piotr.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    A stint on a Uncanny Avengers team or even the Avengers would be good for Colossus

how about a romance with Polaris, She could throw him around the bedroom!!! Aha! Her powers definitely protect her and reassure him that he is of no threat to injure her.

And another thing, I'm thinking of is power combos. Would a bolt of lighting from Thor, Storm or Surge charge Colossus up?
    I agree 100%. Colossus would benefit greatly if given a stint with the Avengers. He and Iceman seem like logical choices for an Avengers team in my opinion.

Funny what you said about Polaris. I often wondered why they never explored how their powers are convergent. And, well, she also needs to detox from a past on and off relationship.

We never saw much interactions with other Russian characters. We have Black Widow, the Winter Guard (Darkstar, specially), Omega Red... so much potential.

And I love that lightning-metal combo idea

Incredible Member

FB_IMG_1555061302659.jpg

Here's the cover to powers of X. Who do you think this character is? An amalgamation of Magik and Colossus? Colossus child from the future? Mikhail rasputin's kid?

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    I agree 100%. Colossus would benefit greatly if given a stint with the Avengers. He and Iceman seem like logical choices for an Avengers team in my opinion.

Funny what you said about Polaris. I often wondered why they never explored how their powers are convergent. And, well, she also needs to detox from a past on and off relationship.

We never saw much interactions with other Russian characters. We have Black Widow, the Winter Guard (Darkstar, specially), Omega Red... so much potential.

And I love that lightning-metal combo idea
    I agree with a lot of the above, but he is friends with Havok, and after going through the whole recent Kitty thing, he may not be in the mood to rebound with one of his buddy's ex's.

Anyway, I admit I am surprised Hickman is not using him. He wrote Colossus in a pretty good light the first issue of Secret Wars. As usual with my favorite character, I guess we have to just wait and see. I would not mind him just telly Magik off one last time, she more or less is the cause of most of his problems the last 8 years or so. I suppose it is in his character to be forgiving, but just to remind her between the Juggernaut thing and his wedding being an embarassing disaster, she really has screwed him over. And all the dude did was look out for her.

BANNED

Uncanny X-Men #180 Apr 1984
    "Whose Life Is It, Anyway?"
    After months of practice, Charles Xavier has managed to beat the psychosomatic
    feedback his mental powers had created preventing him from walking in his new body.
    He decides to enjoy this newly acquired ability by playing basket ball.
    However, his game is ended when he's struck by yet another powerful
    mental scan and wonders what the alien force causing it could be.
    He is then visited by Storm who has come with her concerns over her lack of control
    over her powers, and her new more savage attitude and it's effects on Kitty.
    She wonders if she is going insane. Probing her mind, the Professor reveals that there is nothing wrong with her mentally.
    He points out that he doesn't know what's causing her change in personality and ethically
    cannot bring himself to alter her mind with his powers as it could do more harm than good.

Elsewhere in Salem Center, Kitty Pryde is out at the arcade with her friend Doug Ramsey playing in an arcade.
    after ranking the top score the game fries and the two are kicked out by the owner,
    telling them they are not welcome back as they hog the machine for hours and hardly spend any quarters.
    Going for lunch, Kitty confides in Doug about her feelings about Storm.
    She explains that with all her changes, the woman she cared for like a sister
    has become someone who frightens her and she doesn't know what to do.
    Doug pledges to be her friend as well, and then tells her that he has an
    appointment at the Massachusetts Academy and asks Kitty about her time there.
    Kitty explains that she hated it there, however secretly recalls that it was run by the White Queen of the Hellfire Club.
    She wonders if her friend Doug is a target of the X-Men's enemy and wonders what she can do about it.

Back at Professor Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters, Colossus spends time recovering from his injuries by chopping trees on the property.

He is trying to come to terms with his feelings over Kitty. When Wolverine comes and forces him to talk about them,
    Colossus worries about their future given how she almost gave herself to the Morlocks and her new friendship with Doug Ramsey.

He admits that he is insecure that Doug is everything Kitty could want and fears that he might lose her.
    Logan tells him that if he thinks that, then he's lost her already.

Storm has traveled to the Bronx Botanical Garden to spend some time enjoying the plants in the greenhouse.
    She comes upon a group of muggers attempting to rob an old couple and confronts them.
    When they attempt to stab Storm with knives, she unleashes her powers on them, sending them fleeing.
    When she goes to help the elderly couple, they are frightened by her mutant nature.
    She is then called back to the X-Mansion where she and the other X-Men
    are briefed about Doug Ramsey's invitation to the Massachusetts Academy.
    With the Hellfire Club currently in disarray and the White Queen seemingly in
    a coma, Charles agrees to let Kitty accompany Doug to find out if he is at risk.
    During the conversation, Xavier reveals that Doug is really a mutant that has language translation powers which surprises everyone.

After the meeting, Kitty is walking through the halls of the mansion when she is swept up a wind into the sky by Storm.
    Up in the air the two come to terms with their feelings about Storm's recent changes in personality and style.
    Ororo explains to Kitty that she is going through changes that frighten her and that she needs to go through them to find out who she really is.
    After some conversation about the changes, Kitty and Storm promise to be there for each other no matter what.

A week later, Kitty and Doug are boarding a plane to Massachusetts, and Kitty's mind has already gone to another worry:
    the aloof behavior of Peter making her wonder if there is anything wrong with him. As she boards the plane with Doug,
    her worries change when they are greeted on the plane by the White Queen. When Kitty tries to alert the Professor telepathically,
    she cannot reach him as at that very moment, the Professor, Colossus, Wolverine and Storm are drawn to Central Park.

There a giant construct has appeared in the location and as they all approach it they are teleported away to a far off place....

The fate of the X-Men continues in Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars #1....

Story by Chris Claremont. Art by John Romita, Jr., Bob Wiacek and Dan Green.
    Last edited by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear; 04-21-2019 at 12:01 PM.

For the Colossus Fans out there looking to play him in a Video game, he was just teased today about his future release in the mobile game Marvel Strike Force.

At the moment, Storm and Wolverine are the only X-Men in the game. While Deadpool and Cable are in the game with a X-Force team tag. Colossus will be the 5th member to tie them all together, but its also been confirmed that several more X-Men are coming to the game here soon corresponding with the release of the Dark Phoenix. For X-Men fans its a great time to get into the game.

Also the top Arena/PvP team in the game right now is actually Brotherhood, which consists of Magneto, Mystique, Pyro, Sabretooth, and Juggernaut.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GigaBalls View Post
    For the Colossus Fans out there looking to play him in a Video game, he was just teased today about his future release in the mobile game Marvel Strike Force.

At the moment, Storm and Wolverine are the only X-Men in the game. While Deadpool and Cable are in the game with a X-Force team tag. Colossus will be the 5th member to tie them all together, but its also been confirmed that several more X-Men are coming to the game here soon corresponding with the release of the Dark Phoenix. For X-Men fans its a great time to get into the game.

Also the top Arena/PvP team in the game right now is actually Brotherhood, which consists of Magneto, Mystique, Pyro, Sabretooth, and Juggernaut.
    if it was on ps4 id be so money
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

BANNED

X-Factor #39 Apr 1989
    Inferno! Guest-starring the X-Men. Part 7 of 7 - "Ashes to Ashes!"
    Continued from Uncanny X-Men #243...

Mr. Sinister and the Malice controlled Polaris stand in the ruins of the X-Mansion.
    The members of the X-Men and X-Factor defeated and Marvel Girl his captive.
    The only person standing in their way is Longshot, who despite his doubts, is able to create
    a distraction with his luck powers long enough for the Beast to recover and try to fight back.
    This in turn allows Cyclops to revive. Scott easily defeats Polaris and tries to turn his powers against Sinister.
    However Sinister has some form of control over him. When Rogue and Psylocke revive and attempt to fight Mr. Sinister,
    Betsy's mental attack is fended off, and when Rogue attempts to absorb his mind and powers, Sinister actually takes full control of her body.

During this brief possession, Cyclops sees Sinister standing over him and recalls a lost memory from his youth,
    where Mr. Sinister experimented on him as a young body. As Polaris tricks Havok into "helping" her only to bind him,
    Sinister explains that he had been manipulating Cyclops from the start. That he was in charge at the orphanage
    and stifled Scott's early powers and implanted false memories. As Havok is binded in metal by Polaris,
    he warns her that Inferno has changed him and that he is no longer afraid of using his powers.
    Sinister explains that he also attempted to manipulate Jean Grey knowing that their combined DNA would create the ultimate mutant.
    However when Jean had seemingly died, he instead cloned Madelyne from Jean's DNA in order to fullfill this purpose.
    As Scott struggles to free himself, Colossus attempts to attack and is similarly held at bay by Polaris.

As Mr. Sinister continues to explain how he manipulated Scott at a young age, Psylocke establishes a psylink between
    the scattered members of the X-Men and X-Factor, and they begin to formulate a counter attack plan.
    They note that Sinister appears to be keeping Scott under his power, as though he is afraid of Scott's powers,
    and figure that might be the key to defeating Mr. Sinister. Havok tells the others to let him deal with Scott
    and they launch their attack. As the X-Men pile on Mr. Sinister,

Storm uses her wind powers to sweep up Marvel Girl and uses rain to revive her
    as the others continue to pound Mr. Sinister with their mutant abilities -- however none seem to have an effect.

As the X-Men fight on, Sabretooth comes out of the rubble of the X-Mansion
    prompting Wolverine to deal with him by impaling his rival with his claws.
    Havok goes to his brother and while taunting him for being weak begins to bombard Scott
    with his atomic energy powers, charging Scott up with a massive amount of energy.
    Sinister manages to collect Marvel Girl back and begins kissing her, the final thing to push Scott over the edge.
    When the Beast pulls Marvel Girl to safety, Scott breaks through the mental barriers
    and manages to blast Sinister with a full power optic blast, seemingly destroying his enemy.

In the aftermath of the battle, Alex reports that Polaris escaped and he and Scott make amends.
    With the battle over, the X-Men depart from X-Factors company, telling Scott that they will
    continue to fight Xavier's dreams in their own way and the two groups part as friends.
    Left in the rubble of Xavier's school Scott once more reflects on how he let his dead wife down so badly.
    However they all agree that they managed to save young Christopher and they will be committed to raising him together.

Story by Louise Simonson. Art by Walter Simonson and Al Milgrom.

Quote Originally Posted by GigaBalls View Post

Just to add to this - Colossus' look for the game

and while I'm here

BY BLAC REN

BANNED

Keeping my fingers crossed for a fastball special.

Not much talked about here with Hickman's impending X-Men run.

With the images of what looks to be some sort of fusion of Colossus with Magik and the recent cover reveals, are we thinking that might be some sort of future timeline? Perhaps Colossus' descendant that has inherited the soul sword? Guessing time hijinks must be involved as Nimrod is also on the cover of Powers of 10.

BANNED

Uncanny X-Men #181 May 1984
    "Tokyo Story!"
    Story follows the events of Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars #12...

Professor X, Wolverine, Colossus, Rogue, Storm and Lockheed are all teleported
    back to Earth following their ordeal on Battleworld with the Beyonder.
    Along with them was a small dragon companion that had befriended Lockheed.
    Upon their arrival, the dragon would grow to a massive size and fly off, while the X-Men would fall to the ground.
    Learning that they have been teleported to Japan, they also learn of Lockheed's friend becoming a massive creature.
    Learning that they have been gone for over a week, the Professor sends Rogue to America to check on the fate of Doug Ramsey and Kitty Pryde,
    as well as make sure that the New Mutants and Cyclops are okay while they deal with the threat of the dragon they brought back with them.

As the dragon begins wrecking Tokyo, the Japanese mobilizes their military to deal with the threat.
    While reports are coming in Mariko Yoshida and her cousin Sunfire learn
    that the X-Men, and Wolverine, are in Japan as well to combat the creature.

The X-Men catch up with the monster and as Storm keeps it occupied, the others rescue any civilians that get in the way of danger.

Soon, Sunfire and the military arrive to deal with the monster.
    However, as they battle the creature the X-Men note that their weapons have little effect on them.

Meanwhile, at the Beachcomber Hotel in Tahiti, Cyclops appears before a grief stricken Madelyne.
    She is upset that he vanished out of her arms and was missing for a whole week while on their honeymoon.
    However, despite this, Scott manages to calm her down and the newly weds make up.

As the battle rages on in Japan, Storm unleashes her full fury on the creature.
    While down below, some wreckage lands on the Professor's legs making him panic about the potential of losing his ability to walk.
    He is rescued by Colossus, while Wolverine goes off looking for others. He comes across a dying woman and her daughter Amiko.

The woman asks Wolverine to look after her, and Logan vows to keep care of the young orphaned girl.

Meanwhile, Sunfire and Storm are knocked out by the dragon and as the creature is about to kill them, Lockheed confronts it.
    Blowing fire in it's face wounds the giant dragon emotionally and it flies away with Lockheed following behind, yelling at it.
    Suddenly, the creature kills itself in a massive energy burst.
    In the aftermath of the battle, the X-Men realize that the creature was attempting to build a nest for itself
    and Lockheed to live in together and that when Lockheed rejected the creature it committed suicide.

While in Washington D.C., Senator Robert Kelly attempts to have
    legislation passed for his new Mutant Control Act supported by his colleagues.
    Meeting with Senator Phillip, Kelly pressures him to support the bill.
    Phillip refuses, believing that this is tantamount to legalizing slavery
    and vows to do everything in his power to prevent the bill from coming into law.
    He tells his colleague that he hopes that trying to motion this bill will not cause irreversible damage.

NOTE: first appearance of Amiko.

Story by Chris Claremont. Art by John Romita, Jr. and Dan Green.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I wonder what an X-Men team & book built around Colossus-as-central-POV would be?
    I believe Len Wein would have made the character a central-POV-character had he not handed X-Men to Chris Claremont.