Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Peter and Dom were so darn cute together.
    True! More Colossimo! Give me Domossus!

Quote Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
    There is an older image online that I've seen of an alternative Colossus holding a large weapon with a caption stating how (paraphrasing) a noble and gentle soul has become a hardened killer. I've always been intrigued by this image, and may welcome this version of Colossus (if nothing else because I miss him in the comics).
    It's from Bendis' run. It's that issue the Watcher visits Beast and talks about possible futures (and how he broke the timestream).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
    There is an older image online that I've seen of an alternative Colossus holding a large weapon with a caption stating how (paraphrasing) a noble and gentle soul has become a hardened killer. I've always been intrigued by this image, and may welcome this version of Colossus (if nothing else because I miss him in the comics).

RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
    In the art preview thread there is a part of an interview with the new writer of X-Force. He says this about Colossus: "And then there's Colossus. Can't say anything about his role...not yet...but there are some shockers ahead."

Color me intrigued...and a little nervous.
    I have to admit, I am nervous.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

omg how could colossus join magneto??? I mean I get it but I never would have imagined him to do that even with his sisters death. I never knew he left the xmen to join him on Avalon.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

That was a strange decision by Lobdell... but I actually liked that period, putting Peter in a new situation.

I just wish we had a follow up on his relationship with Magneto after his ressurection. I don't remember they interacting on panel.

I mean, c'mon, he took care of Mags' comatose body, even feeding him.

colossus mags.jpg

It has been a very long time, but didn't Peter Join Magneto and the Acolytes partly in hopes to steer them to be less radical?

Quote Originally Posted by jcubed View Post
    It has been a very long time, but didn't Peter Join Magneto and the Acolytes partly in hopes to steer them to be less radical?
    Originally he joined them out of grief, anger, and despair after Illyana's death because Xavier's methods had failed. I think it was later, after his head injury was tended to, that he was hoping to show them a softer path.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Originally he joined them out of grief, anger, and despair after Illyana's death because Xavier's methods had failed. I think it was later, after his head injury was tended to, that he was hoping to show them a softer path.
    grief, anger, despair and untreated brain damage that was affecting his behavior, yes. I blame Lobdell for the flanderization of Colossus as obsessed with Illyana.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I always thought it was a bit insulting to have Pete's emotional trauma just be filed under "brain damage" so they could have Pete come back to the fold without repercussions. I always felt that Pete's mental state should have been explored more. I do remember Magneto saying some nice things about Piotr after he sacrifices himself to cure the legacy virus.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by petrefax View Post
    I always thought it was a bit insulting to have Pete's emotional trauma just be filed under "brain damage" so they could have Pete come back to the fold without repercussions. I always felt that Pete's mental state should have been explored more. I do remember Magneto saying some nice things about Piotr after he sacrifices himself to cure the legacy virus.
    without repercussions? Wolverine treated him as a traitor for a while, particularly #325 when he showed up with Callisto to try to stop Marrow from seeking vengeance on humans for the mutant massacre. and then Ellis made him the Kitty-stalker and had him smack Wisdom around so he could gain sympathy for his author-insert 'ship. It was a long time before Colossus looked like a hero again.

Quote Originally Posted by Innocent Bystander View Post
    grief, anger, despair and untreated brain damage that was affecting his behavior, yes. I blame Lobdell for the flanderization of Colossus as obsessed with Illyana.
    I never thought Lobdell or Bob Harras likde Peter too much. I stopped reading the X-Books after they turned Colossus bad, besides buying an issue he appeared in.
    Last edited by Omnipitus; 09-12-2019 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Attempted to add two quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Innocent Bystander View Post
    without repercussions? Wolverine treated him as a traitor for a while, particularly #325 when he showed up with Callisto to try to stop Marrow from seeking vengeance on humans for the mutant massacre. and then Ellis made him the Kitty-stalker and had him smack Wisdom around so he could gain sympathy for his author-insert 'ship. It was a long time before Colossus looked like a hero again.
    I think the next time he looked like a hero was Astonishing when he was brought back. There were moments in Excalibur, I suppose, but he still felt like damaged goods. And when he returned to the X-Men with Kurt and Kitty, overall I enjoyed it, but there were times he was the jobber/wallflower.

Incredible Member

b6dcced4-90a3-4ff7-9ede-09826bc6fde7.jpg

Colossus and Wolverine by Marcus To

1845c0d2-5d6c-43a0-84af-a66acbb061e8.jpg

Fastball special by Sebastian Piriz

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JJS View Post
    Looking like Hickman has no interest in him and he’ll be an afterthought in a bloated X-Force that looks the teams worst premise yet.

More years of misery for Colossus fans afoot.
    Personally I think the premise is a good one. Having Xforce being the Intelligence arm of the Nation of Krakoa is intriguing. Not just military black ops and artwork. I'll admit I don't love Piotr being part of this group and the Weaver cover seems to indicate Colossus sides with Wolverine and Domino in using extreme force to deal with threats to mutants.

However with the events of HoX and mutants having conquered death and Xforce seemingly getting first priority for for ressurection. Piotr may have become more radicalized or he will be a voice of reason for the ops team. Maybe Jean is using Colossus to keep an eye Wolverine, Quire, Black Tom, And Domino to make sure things don't get out of hand. Or pete is just wants to hang Domino and being on xforce is the only way lol. But Percy says something shocking happens that will affect the other xbooks in dawn of X on his twitter.