Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Nah.

Basically shooting and trying to be a funny guy ( ). I see Bucky completely out of place in this group.
    bucky strikeforce.jpg

In fact, Marvel has no idea what to do with Bucky IMO.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Bucky's done worse? He's certainly done exactly what Jessica's asking Billy to do - with the help of a certain cosmic cube in human form!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

All-New Member

At the start of the current volume of Captain America, Gen. Ross hired both Bucky and Sharon. Did we see Bucky do anything related to that in any book?

Quote Originally Posted by IvanSkavisnky View Post
    At the start of the current volume of Captain America, Gen. Ross hired both Bucky and Sharon. Did we see Bucky do anything related to that in any book?
    Nothing relevant.

Coates is writing a "female Illuminati story" inside Cap's series.

This is not for me.

Dropped.

Ps: Coates is overrated IMO.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Nah.

Basically shooting and trying to be a funny guy ( ). I see Bucky completely out of place in this group.
    bucky strikeforce.jpg

In fact, Marvel has no idea what to do with Bucky IMO.
    I see Bucky as a funny guy. He was marvel's definitive teenage sidekick, charismatic and full of quips. It was beaten out of him, but imo that's stuff doesn't fully go away, that's what's buried underneath all the tragedy, so I don't view it as a confusing thing when that part of him occasionally reaches the surface. Doesn't often work around anyone he isn't personally connected to or isn't on the other end of some disgruntled sass. Definitely doesn't work so far in Strikeforce.

I thought the issue was ehhh. I think the pacing was wonky and the dialogue often left something to be desired. I agree that Marvel doesn't know what to do with Bucky, but that's hardly a unique issue for the majority of Marvel's characters. At least he's out there.

I'll have to see how this plays out in Strikeforce before picking it up. Maybe trade wait. Not sure how I feel about Bucky being a goofball. Totally opposite of how Rosenberg wrote him in ToS.

Incredible Member

Nothing people haven't said before, but it actually pains me that MARVEL appears to have no idea what to do with Bucky.

I mean when Brubaker reintroduced him/ during his run, I instantly took a liking to him and thought he was a fantastic character. Both as WS and Cap.Since Brubaker stopped writing him, it's been one gut-punch after another. The whole Man on the Wall thing was a cool concept though IMHO, not for this character. Tales of Suspense was actually good/ enjoyable.

Honestly, think Bucky works best detached from the wider Marvel universe for the most part ie a handful of supporting characters - the usual suspects (Cap, Falcon, Widow, Fury SHIELD etc). Marvel really needs to establish (and keep) an espionage corner.

Strikeforce (and his portrayal)? No thanks...

I really liked the Man on the Wall development.. I thought Bucky was actually the perfect replacement for Nick Fury as far as that stuff goes. He has that loner, no-nonsense, get it done attitude for something like that. Tales of Suspense was my favorite book in a long while.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    Nothing people haven't said before, but it actually pains me that MARVEL appears to have no idea what to do with Bucky.

I mean when Brubaker reintroduced him/ during his run, I instantly took a liking to him and thought he was a fantastic character. Both as WS and Cap.Since Brubaker stopped writing him, it's been one gut-punch after another. The whole Man on the Wall thing was a cool concept though IMHO, not for this character. Tales of Suspense was actually good/ enjoyable.

Honestly, think Bucky works best detached from the wider Marvel universe for the most part ie a handful of supporting characters - the usual suspects (Cap, Falcon, Widow, Fury SHIELD etc). Marvel really needs to establish (and keep) an espionage corner.

Strikeforce (and his portrayal)? No thanks...
    Bucky looks like an idiot in Strikeforce.

BuckyNat by Rod Reis.

buckynat.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    BuckyNat by Rod Reis.

buckynat.jpg
    Super adorable .

Stunning Winter Soldier by Mike Perkins!

WS Mike Perkins in b&w.jpg
    Last edited by Winterboy; 10-02-2019 at 08:24 AM.

Winter Soldier by Otto Schmidt.

otto.jpg

WS by Otto Schmidt.

otto schmidt WS.jpg