Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Yep, from No Road Home #10's epilogue.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Dude, you gotta warn us about spoilers. I haven't had a chance to read ANRH #10 yet. Now I wish I had brought my iPad pro to work. Guess I could walk over to the Apple Store and buy the new 12" one. Any excuse to upgrade.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Spectacular Member

Thnx for the spoiler bro. But in ALL honesty, THATS some bullshit. They NEVER had a problem with it before.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That just became a moot point.
    I actually prefer that it turned out that way. I really wasn't too keen on the whole limitless power immortal energy being thing. Human Monica is already more powerful than pretty much anyone. Love Monica.

Peace
    Last edited by Nomads1; 04-17-2019 at 02:48 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm okies with this development.
    As, more often than not, writers just can't write OP characters very well, if at all, and they end up being DEMs or worse, Limbo'ed.
    I would love to see her exploring just how far those limits extend.

My light lady is alive, that's all I care about.

BANNED

I think it was a strategic move on ewing's part.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I actually prefer that it turned out that way. I really wasn't too keen on the whole limitless power immortal energy being thing. Human Monica is already more powerful than pretty much anyone. Love Monica.

Peace
    Yeah, regular Monica was already powered up to the point where you couldn't tell the difference anyways.

Peace
    Exactly, the last thing we need is for Monica's OP nature to have writers shy away from her. I just hope we get to see more of Monica and Adam sooner than later.

BANNED

Peace

What book and issue is this page from?
    Last edited by Shreene; 04-17-2019 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    What book and issue is this page from?
    It's Avengers No Road Home #10, just out today.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 04-17-2019 at 08:30 PM.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”

~James Baldwin

Monica is a normal human now. It's amazing how the so called "House of Ideas" always predictably craps on really powerful women and minorities. That's not new or imaginative. That's MAGA.

For those that complained that Monica was OP, congratulations. Now let's see how often a powerless Monica gets used in stories and events. About as much as Blue Marvel, I reckon. More to the point, good luck explaining why Caucasian characters, especially the men, don't seem to have a problem with claiming absolute power, while minorities and women are always afraid to do so in Marvel's publications.

By the way, if Monica was afraid of being long-lived, then she better stay far, far away from Adam. He managed to prolong the life of his first wife and apparently retard the ageing of his children as well without knowing how he did it. Subconsciously extending Monica's life is a sure bet.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 04-18-2019 at 04:54 AM.

~James Baldwin

Monica isn't depowered so much as less powered, she still has her classic powerset

But she's just no longer an immortal living light being.

Quote Originally Posted by DMightyBlue View Post
    Thnx for the spoiler bro. But in ALL honesty, THATS some bullshit. They NEVER had a problem with it before.
    Here's the thing: she still has powers, and her powers function the way that they used to. The difference is that she's not immortal. She also has to return to her mortal form periodically. Some will say these are improvements, but I personally think it's proof that writers who handle her are stupid af and lack the wherewithal to figure out creative ways to both deploy and defeat her without using PIS.

By the way, for what it's worth, there's nothing to stop Adam from tweaking her at a molecular level again. She's still capable of changing into photons and other forms of energy which are their own antipartlcle. We just have to wait until some other writer comes along and retcons this nonsense. I won't be here when that happens, but perhaps some of the younger folks might be.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 04-17-2019 at 08:42 PM.

~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Monica isn't depowered so much as less powered, she still has her classic powerset

But she's just no longer an immortal living light being.
    Yep, I get that. But when you've flown to the heavens and beyond unaided, parasailing is hardly empowering.

~James Baldwin