Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by goku200 View Post
    Where is the proof anything you just typed ?
    It's just speculation mixed in with some critical thinking.

I'm not saying anything in that post is fact or presenting it to be such.

Quote Originally Posted by goku200 View Post
    This makes sense.
    Are you still referring to my post...?
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Question would the film still be the same? Carol & Monica switch places and Maria is not there.

Are we still talking the same film?

I don't think you are going to get the same movie.

If they were going with her-who gets hired to write, direct and so on?

Does Ava Durvernay direct? Ryan Coolger?

Whose the writer? What gets tossed into that film that Carol does not have to deal with?

Also who plays Monica? Don't let it be a light skinned, biracial or foreign black woman.

And there are some black women who will tell Brie to take a seat and "this is how you upset men. Take notes."

It could get uglier than what we have seen so far.

The issue with Monica is she doesn't need the name. She has one that doesn't need Carol. Unless you somehow have her running around as the 90s Cap Marvel and she lost her power or vanished before Carol came back.
    It's a safe bet if you change the script it becomes a different movie. The real question remains however: do you need Monica in Captain Marvel at all for it to be a good movie? Obviously, we won't know whether it's a good story or not until March 8th. But I'd like to think that they could have come up with a solid script even without introducing Monica. They likely would have been better off having Black Widow in the movie, if it has to be a dated period piece.

Now if you're asking me what a Spectrum movie would look like, who would write, direct, produce and star in it, etc., well, that's a different discussion. But I have the utmost confidence the movie would be a hit. There are plenty of phenomenal talents out there now, both in front of and behind the camera. Monica might still need to receive the baton so to speak from an established franchise, like Wonder Woman took the baton by virtue of Superman vs. Batman, but I don't think anyone will knock her for that. Cold launches are incredibly hard to push in Hollywood, even for a Marvel/Disney movie.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

With Carol's movie coming out this week and the world being introduced to Monica for the very first time, I figured this would be a good spot for a playful homage faux cover.
    Attached Images Attached Images

BANNED

your work?

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    your work?
    Yep, everything below the title bar, except Spidey.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”

~James Baldwin

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Yep, everything below the title bar, except Spidey.
    got a deviant art/tumblr?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Not trying to burst anyone's bubble here...but I'm fairly positive they made Monica a kid in the movie so 1. They don't seem racist not using her at all and 2. so she couldn't get in the way of either Carol or the eventual Ms. Marvel.

Unless there is some out of nowhere demand for Monica in the current period of the MCU or if Brie as Captain Marvel bombs tremendously and the MCU decides to salvage it in some way with Monica, the chance of us see Monica as a superhero in the MCU are slim. (No one mistake this as me saying I want Brie or Captain Marvel to fail).
    She's only "getting in the way" of Carol if she's called Captain Marvel, which is really unlikely. Marvel has not actively marketed Monica in any medium as Captain Marvel in quite some time, except for the recent trade paperback collection (which I'm guessing was to cash in on the movie). If they use Monica as a hero in the present, they'll almost certainly just call her one of the myriad of other names she's used over the years, like Spectrum or Photon.

In fact, as many people noticed in the early promo pictures, "Photon" appears to be her mother's military callsign.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    In fact, as many people noticed in the early promo pictures, "Photon" appears to be her mother's military callsign.

This kind of reminds me of how they had Carol Ferris' callsign in the Green Lantern movie be "Sapphire."

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    got a deviant art/tumblr?
    No. I don't take it that seriously. You'll find my work here in the CBR forums though, mostly in the X-Men section.

~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    She's only "getting in the way" of Carol if she's called Captain Marvel, which is really unlikely. Marvel has not actively marketed Monica in any medium as Captain Marvel in quite some time, except for the recent trade paperback collection (which I'm guessing was to cash in on the movie). If they use Monica as a hero in the present, they'll almost certainly just call her one of the myriad of other names she's used over the years, like Spectrum or Photon.

All concerns aside, I'm glad that Monica's mom apparently has a well-carved out role in the film. Hopefully, Monica's dad makes a cameo as well. (Heh, a nuclear family. What a novel idea!)

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    All concerns aside, I'm glad that Monica's mom apparently has a well-carved out role in the film. Hopefully, Monica's dad makes a cameo as well. (Heh, a nuclear family. What a novel idea!)
    He won't. In the press and character stuff they've emphasized that Maria is a single mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He won't. In the press and character stuff they've emphasized that Maria is a single mom.
    FFS, they just had to go there, didn't they? Someone call me when this movie is out on blu ray/streaming.

~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wow, they are seriously screwing with the Rambeau name.

BANNED

To me it is a waste not to feature a live action version of Frank Rambeau in the MCU.
    I mean, in the comics he not only serves some great gumbo....
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post

BANNED

....he also supported Captain Marvel in her becoming leader of the Avengers!