Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    BANNED

The very first CAPTAIN MARVEL woman respected!!!

Captain Marvel Redesign by Femmes-Fatale

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post

Fantastic design for Monica.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I love this!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

That's a good look. I do miss the black and metallic mother-of-pearl/nacre original look, though, instead of the monochromatic black and white look. But I see why people prefer those two colors.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

I said this in another thread, but will restate here: Monica is long overdue for a solo series, even if it's only a 6 issue deal, as SPECTRUM.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”

~James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I said this in another thread, but will restate here: Monica is long overdue for a solo series, even if it's only a 6 issue deal, as SPECTRUM.
    Agreed. She's had two one-shots, but she is due to have at least a miniseries.

'Captain Marvel' Producer: "I Hope There's More Story to Tell With Monica"

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/01...-tell-with-mo/

It's always funny when the individual at the top of the decision tree "hopes" for something that could be made reality, if they truly cared at all to see it to fruition.

~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    It's always funny when the individual at the top of the decision tree "hopes" for something that could be made reality, if they truly cared at all to see it to fruition.
    THe thing is, it may not be up to him. The guy isn't necessarily the executive producer of EVERY marvel movie, and in theory there's no gurantee that there will be another Captain Marvel (though I wouldn't bet against it).

I do think the fact that he's hopeful is a good sign, and that likely means he's trying to get more out of the character. In part it might be dependent on the reception the character and the movie gets. If there's a demand, in all likelihood Feige will make sure the supply is there to meet it.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    THe thing is, it may not be up to him. The guy isn't necessarily the executive producer of EVERY marvel movie, and in theory there's no gurantee that there will be another Captain Marvel (though I wouldn't bet against it).

I do think the fact that he's hopeful is a good sign, and that likely means he's trying to get more out of the character. In part it might be dependent on the reception the character and the movie gets. If there's a demand, in all likelihood Feige will make sure the supply is there to meet it.
    I understand how Hollywood works. Even the Exec Producer can't go against the corporate dictates. I'm simply saying that it's not good enough to hope for anything. It's disingenuous. A producer at any level is in a position to at least actively try to influence the end product. This is not a sit on your hands, "faith and prayer" kind of job. Well, at least not until it comes to box office results.

~James Baldwin

from some past MARVEL HANDBOOK entries (back when she was Captain Marvel):

from The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Vol. 1 No. 2 (February 1983)

from The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Deluxe Edition Vol. 2 No. 2 (January 1986)

from The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Master Edition Vol. 1 No. 34 (September 1993)

Thanks for posting those entry scans. Back in the day OHOTMU -- and later OHOTMU Deluxe -- was my bible and daily bread. I must have read every entry no less than a few thousand times.

Even without reading Monica's entry, you just knew that she was a heavy hitter and easily one of the most powerful tacticians of any Avengers era. If it was up to me, she'd be a feature member of the Avengers, Defenders, Guardians of the Galaxy -- you name it. And when the Fantastic Four took a hiatus, well, she'd grab Adam Brashear, She-Hulk and Spider Man and form a temporary FF until the original four returned. She'd be a cornerstone of the MU.

~James Baldwin

Loved the old handbooks and the entry just shows Monica was always meant to be a boss. Marvel seriously needs to start putting some respect on Spectrum' name.

Anybody getting the Captain Marvel Monica Trade paperback coming out next month?
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsbane View Post
    Anybody getting the Captain Marvel Monica Trade paperback coming out next month?
    Already pre ordered it and can't wait to add it to my bookshelf.