Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Talking Monica "Photon" Rambeau, Spectrum Appreciation 2019

After being exposed to extra-dimensional energy, Lt. Monica Rambeau gained the ability to manipulate all energies of the electromagnetic spectrum.
    She has gone by many code-names..

Captain Marvel

Photon

Spectrum

..over the years whilst utilizing these abilities as a crime fighter.
    Monica has served alongside the Avengers in various incarnations and operated as their leader for a time.

Origin
    Monica Rambeau was born and raised in New Orleans, Louisiana. The daughter of Frank and Maria Rambeau.
    She enlisted into her local police department and quickly rose through the ranks, positioning herself as lieutenant of its Harbor division.
    While off-duty, she helped a scientist track down an international dictator, who wanted to use a powerful energy machine to take over the United States. After thwarting his plans, she attempted to destroy the machine and was bombarded by extra-dimensional energy.
    As a result, she gained the ability to turn into any form of energy along the electromagnetic spectrum and discharge it.

Creation
    The very first Captain Marvel woman was created by Roger Stern and John Romita, Jr.
    Her first comic appearance was in The Amazing Spider-Man Annual #16 (1982)

Link to first post previous thread: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...!-Appreciation

LOVE Monica, not only my favorite avenger but my favorite hero as well. She has an amazing powerset and is a natural leader that commands respect. I can't wait to see her leading the way in Avengers: No Road Home. All hail Monica Rambeau or Spectrum if you're nasty!!!

Spectacular Member

I dig the new thread. Go gettem Ms. Rambeau!!! �� cant wait for no road home

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Just one more month until Avengers No Road Home. Marvel will finally get me to reach for my wallet after all of these many months.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Can't wait for Monica to once again show how much of a badass she truly is.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Can't wait for Monica to once again show how much of a badass she truly is.
    Let's hope that Ewing continues to expand on that. We all know that these things are cyclical. One minute Monica is on top of the world, having created a name for herself as Captain Marvel II and leader of the Avengers, and the next minute we're diving back in the recycle name bin to get her a decent moniker and her powers have gone all bonkers.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 01-06-2019 at 07:39 PM.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”

~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Let's hope that Ewing continues to expand on that. We all know that these things are cyclical. One minute Monica is on top of the world, having created a name for herself as Captain Marvel II and leader of the Avengers, and the next minute we're diving back in the recycle name bin to get her a decent moniker and her powers have gone all bonkers.
    If Ewing wasn't attached i would definitely be worried, I am really hoping a new ongoing Avengers series spins out of this allowing Monica and hopefully Blue Marvel to get some shine. Doubtful I know but we can hope. I just won't feel complete until I know if Monica and. Adam are truly meant to make it as a couple. Are they awesome together? Hell yeah but do they actually love each other? Now that's what I want answers to.

Astonishing Member

LOVE Monica, not only my favorite avenger but my favorite hero as well.
    Same here.

She has an amazing powerset and is a natural leader that commands respect. I can't wait to see her leading the way in Avengers: No Road Home. All hail Monica Rambeau or Spectrum if you're nasty!!!
    Absolutely! I am very much looking forward to her upcoming return to the Avengers!

BANNED

Does monica rambeau have an accent or have stories where it involves her creole heritage?

like gambit does with his cajun?

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    Does monica rambeau have an accent or have stories where it involves her creole heritage?

like gambit does with his cajun?
    For all we know, she's probably related to Gambit. But as far as I know, they've never really explored her family history. She doesn't speak with an accent or local color vernacular.

~James Baldwin

BANNED

For all we know, she's probably related to Gambit. But as far as I know, they've never really explored her family history. She doesn't speak with an accent or local color vernacular.
    Gambit related to Monica? I think you're forgetting something very important

He's cajun.

Anyway, I was reading her short solo book of picking herself back up after the avengers debacle and I noticed how much she tries to respect different cultures (plus speaks portugese) and reading a Civil war II tie in I noticed how she flew to rhodey's home town to try and immerse herself in the culture and relate to him better.
    So it's kinda weird that writers haven't gone into her own culture and what it means to her.

Though I think it could be a good character trait for monica to be worldly in that sense. Could tie in with her lightspeed and background

Extraordinary Member

Looking at Monica's bio history she is not a creole speaker or culturally creole,so she is not creole.
    Some whites and blacks are creoles in Louisiana and some are not.
    Depends how long thier family history is in Louisiana for example and other things.
    Anyway she is not related to Gambit.
    Last edited by mace11; 01-08-2019 at 10:35 PM.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

LOVE Monica, not only my favorite avenger but my favorite hero as well. She has an amazing powerset and is a natural leader that commands respect. I can't wait to see her leading the way in Avengers: No Road Home. All hail Monica Rambeau or Spectrum if you're nasty!!!
    She’s leading the team?! Oh, I am soooooo on board for this!!!
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    Gambit related to Monica? I think you're forgetting something very important

He's cajun.
    Which means what, exactly? You're forgetting that America can be a melting pot. I'm African American, yet if you were to attend a family reunion with my entire extended family you'll see Irish (grandfather), Latino (I have a Puerto Rican sister in law), Hispanics (my aunt is Mexican), Italian (another aunt), Japanese (great uncle), Samoan (aunt) -- and that's just on my side of the family. My wife has relatives who are from Germany, Spain, the Bahamas, and on and on.

So when I say that Monica, who is from Louisiana, might be related to Gambit, who is also from Louisiana, that's what I mean. You never know.

~James Baldwin

BANNED

Which means what, exactly? You're forgetting that America can be a melting pot. I'm African American, yet if you were to attend a family reunion with my entire extended family you'll see Irish (grandfather), Latino (I have a Puerto Rican sister in law), Hispanics (my aunt is Mexican), Italian (another aunt), Japanese (great uncle), Samoan (aunt) -- and that's just on my side of the family. My wife has relatives who are from Germany, Spain, the Bahamas, and on and on.

So when I say that Monica, who is from Louisiana, might be related to Gambit, who is also from Louisiana, that's what I mean. You never know.

it was a joke... ahhhhh
    after all not america, never knew one can have such a diverse extended family either
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 01-09-2019 at 01:30 PM.