Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    BANNED

The very first CAPTAIN MARVEL woman respected!!!

Captain Marvel

by sir-wesley666

BANNED

I am tickled by monica rambeau needing a camera.

Looking GOOD!

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I'll say this much about Monica in the MCU. Now that the powers that be know everything that they did wrong to push Carol, perhaps when (not if, but when) they decide to push Monica the transition will be that much easier. Thoughts?
    In what context? Film or the comics themselves?

It'd be great if Monica finally got her own ongoing series.

Ultimate Member

I'm curious to see if/when we see older Monica. I really doubt that Feige and co made a point of putting her in there if they didn't have future plans for her (especially since she's be all grown up in the main MCU timeline as well). And they're clearly setting up to transition after Endgame and probably start focusing on newer characters.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Looking GOOD!
    Hopefully, the "I'm Monica Rambeau" becomes, "I'm Monica Brashear" one day. She'd probably be the only married sista superhero in all of comicdom.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    ah. So Monica is effectively immortal? Very cool. Writers have no excuse not to include her in future-based storylines. They really haven't until now. And I don't want to see her settle for being a "living star" in some distant galaxy somewhere.
    yeah, her immortality is a good development.

I feel like they're hinting about Monica's immortality just to test it. If she does get killed, how will her sentient radiation be dispersed? I'm not into it but Marvel killed her off only once, hopefully they keep the same power set and bring her back in a ongoing or at the very least, a one-shot or special.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EMPulse View Post
    I feel like they're hinting about Monica's immortality just to test it. If she does get killed, how will her sentient radiation be dispersed? I'm not into it but Marvel killed her off only once, hopefully they keep the same power set and bring her back in a ongoing or at the very least, a one-shot or special.
    Monica's fighting style is bound to get her killed.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I'm curious to see if/when we see older Monica. I really doubt that Feige and co made a point of putting her in there if they didn't have future plans for her (especially since she's be all grown up in the main MCU timeline as well). And they're clearly setting up to transition after Endgame and probably start focusing on newer characters.
    Almost certainly in Captain Marvel 2. Which will probably also introduce Kamala Khan.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

That CBR 'writer' is a hack. I don't think I've ever read a single article by him that made any sense.
    I usually screen his articles but he keeps writing trash about my faves.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    That CBR 'writer' is a hack. I don't think I've ever read a single article by him that made any sense.
    I usually screen his articles but he keeps writing trash about my faves.
    I did not agree with that article either. It totally warped what actually happened --Monica did NOT "murder" anyone. She disguised two of their enemies to a) save the lives of two of her teammates and b) have two of their enemies taken down by friendly fire. Monica not only didn't force Nyx to do anything (as stated on-panel) but she also did NOT know that the two villains would be killed by her attack. We're talking about magical, immortal beings--for all Monica knew, they would only be knocked out or injured. So, the whole "murder" claim is utter nonsense.

I also disagree with the comment that heroes like Captain America and Captain Marvel would not approve of Monica's actions here. Oh really? Captain Marvel, aka Carol Danvers -- former fighter pilot and espionage agent? Should we examine her kill count? This is the same Carol Danvers who "murdered" The Master Of The World during the Kang War, right? And the same Captain America who was part of the Avengers review panel who declared that Carol's actions were justified under the circumstances? Right. So yeah, I'm sure Cap and Carol would really disapprove of Monica saving the lives of Hercules and Vision, and using the best resource she had available to defeat extremely powerful immortal enemies, who had already slaughtered gods. Give me a break.

I do agree with him that it is noteworthy that Monica has become harder edged--even Monica herself comments on it in the narration for the issue. But calling her a "murderer" is a total exaggeration and misrepresentation of what actually happened in the story.

Monica has killed before, as part of Nextwave. She had a really good conversation about it with She-Hulk back during Mighty Avengers and the whole Final Incursion thing.

She doesn't like killing, it sticks with you, even when it's vampires or broccoli people. But she will absolutely do it for the greater good.

So yeah against Nyx? Who has stolen daylight across the entire universe causing untold chaos and panic? She's not going to shed any tears just because Nyx did to her children what she was about to do to Hercules and Vision

Quote Originally Posted by EMPulse View Post
    I feel the samething.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Man, to me, the comicbook character Captain Marvel is sporting one underwhelming look accompanied by some godawful dialogue to boot!