Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    BANNED

The very first CAPTAIN MARVEL woman respected!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    from some past MARVEL HANDBOOK entries (back when she was Captain Marvel):

from The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Vol. 1 No. 2 (February 1983)

from The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Deluxe Edition Vol. 2 No. 2 (January 1986)

from The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Master Edition Vol. 1 No. 34 (September 1993)
    The Captain is a Marvel!!!

wonder where the Marvel Divas are now, why haven't they been brought back...?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    wonder where the Marvel Divas are now, why haven't they been brought back...?
    They were never truly a "team", as such--they were just a group of friends that got together sometimes. With Black Cat's turn to crime, she would have been out of touch with her friends for the last little while (she and Patsy actually fought each other in Patsy's solo book during Felicia's villain stint). Firestar joined the X-Men, and Monica joined first the Mighty Avengers and then the Ultimates, so both of them would have had less time for get-togethers with the friends as well, plus Patsy was running her temp-agency for lower-level superhumans, which kept her busy too.

It would be nice to see some or all of them reunite at some point though.

BANNED

https://www.marvel.com/comics/collec...rade_paperback

A MR tpb collecting her captain marvel years
    Maybe if it does well a solo could be launched.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    https://www.marvel.com/comics/collec...rade_paperback

A MR tpb collecting her captain marvel years
    Maybe if it does well a solo could be launched.
    "Before Carol Danvers took the name Captain Marvel, the mantle was held by Monica Rambeau!"

Damn, Marvel for stirring things up! Don't they know that some people and movie types want to forget that she was ever Captain Marvel?
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

BANNED

lil monica shows up

lil monica shows up
    Yeah, looking up at Carol like she's Mount Rushmore, instead of her contemporary/equal (using that term loosely).
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”

~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Yeah, looking up at Carol like she's Mount Rushmore, instead of her contemporary/equal (using that term loosely).
    Given Monica is a little kid, it's sort of understandable that she's not viewed as a contemporary or equal at this point.

Reading the previews for the upcoming Avengers story with Blade fighting vampires, a part of me can't help but think T'Challa and Blade both should have contected Monica for assistance.

But I guess I know why they didn't. Monica involved in any vampire story arc in theory should be able to resolve everything in like 2 panels. Can't have that.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Given Monica is a little kid, it's sort of understandable that she's not viewed as a contemporary or equal at this point.
    Given that they deliberately chose to make her a kid instead of an adult, what choice did she have?

~James Baldwin

Reading the previews for the upcoming Avengers story with Blade fighting vampires, a part of me can't help but think T'Challa and Blade both should have contected Monica for assistance.

But I guess I know why they didn't. Monica involved in any vampire story arc in theory should be able to resolve everything in like 2 panels. Can't have that.
    Monica played a part in the old Dr. Strange story where the Montesi Formula was invoked to wipe out all vampires. You're right, Dracula didn't stand a chance against her. He'd have to lock eyes with her and hope that he could mesmerize her before she lit him up, so to speak. That said, if Monica is just an energy form, it remains to be seen if she can be mentally co-opted in that fashion.

~James Baldwin

Given that they deliberately chose to make her a kid instead of an adult, what choice did she have?
    It makes sense. You make her a kid in the Captain Marvel movie, which takes place in the past, and you get an adult Monica to use for the rest of the MCU movies. So that works out

It makes sense. You make her a kid in the Captain Marvel movie, which takes place in the past, and you get an adult Monica to use for the rest of the MCU movies. So that works out
    Doubtful that Monica will appear or be featured in any of the future projects. It's really just a matter of time before the comic book movie bubble bursts. But we'll see.

~James Baldwin

BANNED

I have faith that the Fantastic Four, the Uncanny X-Men, Deadpool and the very first Captain Marvel woman, will appear in future projects.
    Right now to me Kevin Feige has overseen a movie for 2019 that features the MCU's interpretation of

1. 1968 Carol Danvers

2. 1977 Danvers' transformation into Ms. Marvel green silver and black

3. 1982 Ms. Marvel's subsequent evolution into Binary red gold and navy blue

lil monica shows up
    Literally the main reason Maria Rambeau is such a thing in this movie .
    She did feel a little "future sidekick" in that scene.