Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    BANNED

The very first CAPTAIN MARVEL woman respected!!!

Captain Marvel

by johnnyharadrim

damn, they are really going hard with Monica's immortality.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    damn, they are really going hard with Monica's immortality.
    Yeah, makes you wonder. When you think about it, it's all conjecture. Monica's powers have changed in the past. For all she knows, her relationship to that extradimensional origin of her powers might change again. Plus, light -- all energy really -- changes. At some stage of the multiverse's life cycle we expect entropy to occur, at which point even Monica will cease to function as a constant wave of EM particles. She will in that moment, die. That doesn't make her immortal, just long-lived. The only way to change that is if she and Adam are Celestial constructs.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Yeah, makes you wonder. When you think about it, it's all conjecture. Monica's powers have changed in the past. For all she knows, her relationship to that extradimensional origin of her powers might change again. Plus, light -- all energy really -- changes. At some stage of the multiverse's life cycle we expect entropy to occur, at which point even Monica will cease to function as a constant wave of EM particles. She will in that moment, die. That doesn't make her immortal, just long-lived. The only way to change that is if she and Adam are Celestial constructs.
    wait, just recently you said that she is immortal for all intense and purpose.

make up your mind fam xd

she won't die from old age but she may die from other causes.
    Last edited by GodThor; 04-06-2019 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    wait, just recently you said that she is immortal for all intense and purpose.

make up your mind fam xd

she won't die from old age but she may die from other causes.
    What can I say, I see a nice sweater with a loose string, sometimes I like pulling the loose string to see if it unravels.

Monica thinks she's immortal, based on what she knows about her light powers. But as we've already seen, Monica doesn't know everything. She certainly doesn't know every application of her power. I'm willing to go with the proposition that she could be immortal. But I can also see a writer coming along later who changes that.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”

~James Baldwin

What can I say, I see a nice sweater with a loose string, sometimes I like pulling the loose string to see if it unravels.

Monica thinks she's immortal, based on what she knows about her light powers. But as we've already seen, Monica doesn't know everything. She certainly doesn't know every application of her power. I'm willing to go with the proposition that she could be immortal. But I can also see a writer coming along later who changes that.
    haha

yeah, that's true.

I'll go with immortal for now.

I just hope she is awesome like she was in chapter 7.

Spectacular Member

For all we know, she's probably related to Gambit. But as far as I know, they've never really explored her family history. She doesn't speak with an accent or local color vernacular.
    she went back to visit her folks a few times in her avengers run but the only creole content was mentioning her dads gumbo

Does Monica have any close sista friends? I've never seen her BFF-ing it with Storm, Misty Knight, Frenzy, Shuri, Debrii, Wildstreak or anyone like that. MAC is probably the closest thing Monica has to a Black female friend. Can we fix that? Suggestions?????

~James Baldwin

BANNED

her personal relationships haven't really been fleshed out bc she's been benched for so long and used inconsistently.

Even her relationship with adam needs to be more fleshed out. Like so far it seems like it's more scientific curiosity but beyond that there needs to be more.
    Last I saw her BFFing, or atleast the closest thing to that was in nextwave with elsa, spilling that tea on the avengers and them hitting on her.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    Last I saw her BFFing, or atleast the closest thing to that was in nextwave with elsa, spilling that tea on the avengers and them hitting on her.
    There was that short lived Marvel Divas book that had Monica palling around with Patsy Walker, Angelica Jones and Felicia Hardy.
    iirc that book also had Jericho Drumm show up as Monica's ex boyfriend.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    There was that short lived Marvel Divas book that had Monica palling around with Patsy Walker, Angelica Jones and Felicia Hardy.
    was the book good?

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I forgot that Monica had dated Jericho. Wonder if she and Wanda have openly talked about that? If Monica was a less classy woman, I'm sure she'd throw some serious shade, even if only jokingly, on how these women in the MU are quick to snatch up her castoffs, from her name (Carol), to her men (Wanda).

~James Baldwin

That just became a moot point.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That just became a moot point.
    Bet Adam is glad that she's human instead of an energy being. Now the two can merge the ol' fashioned way.

^^^^ So this is from No Road Home?
    Curious that her "power supply" was (seemingly) finite? Even after Blue Marvel's tests on her revealed vast untapped potential. Perhaps her internal battery just needs to recharge, or can be recharged from a powerful enough source (adjacent to a nearby star).
    We'll see. Meanwhile, nice that she gets some romantic attention finally.