Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Paladin Appreciation Thread (2019)

First appearance = Daredevil #150 (January 1978):

and from
    The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Vol. 1 No. 8 (August 1983):

Always enjoyed his friendship with Janet Van Dyne (A.K.A. The Wasp).

Paladin is so underrated.

paladin 1.jpg
    paladin 2.jpg
    paladin 3.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Paladin is probably the best marksman of Marvel universe.

PALADIN SHOOT.jpg
    PALADIN SHOOT 2.jpg

Stunning.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

thank you for starting this thread. not an exaggeration. I was thinking heavily of doing it over the weekend. I've been on a backissue kick. picked up that issue of Punisher where US Agent broke Paladin's legs, his appearances in Heroes for Hire, and a few marvel comics presents. it's interesting that he's still very much a man of mystery; even after Wolverine's origins have been revealed. I wonder what motivates the guy. did he come from poverty? he seems obsessed with luxury to an unhealthy degree; to the point where he has made dramatic shifts in behavior/scruples. i'd love to get the behind the scenes stuff on his relationship with Janet, as well. what was the final nail? where did his powers come from? who was his friend (whom Elektra killed)? how involved is he with the Hellfire Club? what'd he do with the staff that he took from Asgard? i noticed that he was pretty cozy with Satana. I wonder if he gave it to her. there are so many untold stories. surprised that he's never shown up in live-action.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 02-05-2019 at 09:31 AM.

You know, he'd be a character that would actually be pretty damn cool for a movie (the international underworld mercenary type of thing) but who isn't so well known that making him something other than a white dude would cause an uproar in the fanboy community.

Always loved Paladin, though I really don't know why.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    You know, he'd be a character that would actually be pretty damn cool for a movie (the international underworld mercenary type of thing) but who isn't so well known that making him something other than a white dude would cause an uproar in the fanboy community.
    that's part of why I like him. if I could choose to be any marvel character, it's be him. he's a virtual cipher.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Always loved Paladin, though I really don't know why.
    Same here. I just like him.

paladin name.jpg
    Last edited by Winterboy; 02-06-2019 at 06:46 AM.

It might be what Michael said: he's a virtual cypher. I don't think I've ever seen him without his mask, though I guess it must have happened sometime. No backstory, no origin, no real name... he's an enigma.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    It might be what Michael said: he's a virtual cypher. I don't think I've ever seen him without his mask, though I guess it must have happened sometime. No backstory, no origin, no real name... he's an enigma.
    in my backissue shopping, I picked up a number of his appearances; all of them that featured Paladin without his mask. he's just as undistinguishable outside of costume. like, he's good looking enough that Janet Van Dyne being charmed by him is believable. but he's also very easy to mistake for, both, steve rogers (who easily impersonated him) and Dane Whitman somehow. he also routinely changes his hair color. I've seen him with blonde, brown, and jet black hair so far. if you're curious, he was unmasked in the first couple issues of Elektra's dark reign mini (trying to revenge kill her). Clay Mann was the artist. and he was also shown w/o the mask and costume in his Generation X appearances.

Last edited by Michael Watkins; 02-06-2019 at 07:11 AM.

Every time I watch this movie, I think about the Paladin..

movie.jpg