Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think the simple fact that she's in the Captain Marvel movie will mean marvel will do more with her on the comics side. That's how it usually works at least. I think we'll be seeing more from her pretty soon.
    The MCU could definitely help in that regard and any exposure Monica can get I'm down for it. I just want some monthly Spectrum in my life ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    The MCU could definitely help in that regard and any exposure Monica can get I'm down for it. I just want some monthly Spectrum in my life ASAP.
    Weekly for 10 weeks is a nice start.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Weekly for 10 weeks is a nice start.
    Hopefully that turns into some sort of monthly. There's no reason there shouldn't be more than one Avengers book. Anything with Avengers slapped on it will likely sell better than half the other books marvel publishes.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    It's not even about racism. If the point of the latest projects is to give Carol all of the star treatment, there's no way for anyone who isn't already an established franchise character to shine, unless they swap hats and become the villain. We saw it in Ultimates. Carol was able to add a number of feats to her lapel and take the aggressive alpha role, despite the fact that she was arguably the weakest member of the Ultimates, aside from T'Challa. The only way that I'd want Monica to be anywhere near Carol is if I know that Monica is going to get the hero treatment as often as, if not more than, Carol.
    In a post-Black Panther MCU, it'll be very interesting how they deal with the black characters. Specifically i'm talking about Monica Rambeau and Dr. Voodoo.

It would be very problematic if they treated Monica like Falcon ("I'm like Steve, just weaker and slower!!") or Rhodey (i don't even have to list examples here...). I wonder how people felt about Valkyrie in Thor 3... because I figure that would be closer to how Monica and Jericho would be depicted in a CM2 or DS2. i.e. very much an alpha personality that is not only independent of the protagonist (sorry Rhodey) but a match in abilities, if not borderline superior (sorry Falcon).

Since Monica looks no younger than T'Challa and Nakia were in their 90s flashback, I figure she's going to be prime for a premiere black actress to take on the role moving forward. It'll just be interesting how they choose to get her the powers.
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

BANNED

Sometimes I think what Rogue did to Carol is still one of her best story arcs ever. Plus, I liked her as Binary. But enough about Carol. This is Monica's thread. (See, it's already happening. We can't talk about Monica without mentioning she who shall not be named. That's a shame.)
    It's only use and others who want to talk about her in Monica's thread that it keep coming up. The only thing that's going on is the same old racism

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    In a post-Black Panther MCU, it'll be very interesting how they deal with the black characters. Specifically i'm talking about Monica Rambeau and Dr. Voodoo.

It would be very problematic if they treated Monica like Falcon ("I'm like Steve, just weaker and slower!!") or Rhodey (i don't even have to list examples here...). I wonder how people felt about Valkyrie in Thor 3... because I figure that would be closer to how Monica and Jericho would be depicted in a CM2 or DS2. i.e. very much an alpha personality that is not only independent of the protagonist (sorry Rhodey) but a match in abilities, if not borderline superior (sorry Falcon).

Since Monica looks no younger than T'Challa and Nakia were in their 90s flashback, I figure she's going to be prime for a premiere black actress to take on the role moving forward. It'll just be interesting how they choose to get her the powers.
    It would be very racist. Like everything in hollywood. Racism is in everything in hollywood. History shows the facts. The true is, No matter how much we lie to ourselves, the true is.
    Last edited by goku200; 02-10-2019 at 09:53 PM.

If Monica got her own movie what would it be about? As far I known she doesn't have much a mythos of her own to draw from Outside of the Avengers.

Who are her enemies/supporting cast?

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    If Monica got her own movie what would it be about? As far I known she doesn't have much a mythos of her own to draw from Outside of the Avengers.

It's hard to say until we see her in the Captain Marvel movie. Her mother is in the movie, so if her mother is killed or whatever there might be some sort of revenge arc there. If the Skrulls or the Kree are responsible, it might be more of a cosmic story. Her powerset compliments that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post

in her one shot she went up against sons of the serpent

I would love nothing more than to see Monica in animated format. Her power set are visually striking and I hope it happens. As far as the movie goes at this point, i doubt it.
    After No Road Home, i hope that she is part of an ongoing monthly series. Two more days!
    Last edited by EMPulse; 02-11-2019 at 11:42 AM.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Pre-ordered and just watching the clock tick by slowly. Guess I better remember to bring my iPad to work with me.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Pre-ordered and just watching the clock tick by slowly. Guess I better remember to bring my iPad to work with me.
    what did you pre-order?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    what did you pre-order?
    Avengers: No Road Home #1 - #4
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Absolutely excited for this weekly to drop. If it is anywhere close to the quality of No Surrender we are in for a treat especially with Monica being a central character.

Avengers: No Road Home #1 - #4
    ooooh I didn't know Monica was going to be featured in it.... definitely gonna get it now.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”