Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    Does monica rambeau have an accent or have stories where it involves her creole heritage?

like gambit does with his cajun?

Based on what we have seen of Monica’s New Orleans background (professional and family life), I recon she has the downtown NOLA accent that’s described here. True writers have never tried to put that dialect on the page for Monica...and that’s peobably for the BEST.

Actress Lashana Lynch eho portrays Monica’s mother Maria Rambeau discusses her character’s “super-power” in the forthcoming CAPTAIN MARVEL movie and how Monica will be a Legacy of that...
    https://screenrant.com/captain-marve...au-superpower/

Extraordinary Member

I was thinking about this recently and finding a way to say this.
    I was just recently looking and gambit's background history and he is foster kid.
    I wanted to see what other superhero in Louisiana who he is related to by blood in marvel but looking at his history he is not related to any other superhero in Louisiana.

Marvel's earth just like dc's earth are bigger earth's then our real earth.
    They are different earths with different histories relationships,dna info etc.. etc.
    They way things work in marvel and dc would not work in out real world for example.
    So we have keep that in mind things are different.
    It's are different planets.

Trust me if monica was somehow related to gambit marvel would have let us know about it a long time ago but in canon he is not related at all plus she is full blooded black woman,so if there is admixture it would be in gambit not her.

But anyway gambit is a full blooded white mutant cajun from what i could tell so he would not be related to her by blood as well.

Gambit could be a cousin in-law or brother in law but for that to happen marvel writers must show monica's related by blood aunts,uncles or brothers,sisters and who they are married to.
    She does not have any of those or none have shown up so far.
    So we have to say in canon she does not have any of those who are related by blood or by marriage either.

Anyway i prefer gambit and monica were not related(blood or by marriage) and thank goodness they are not.
    I like a few x-men characters by the way but Keep x-men related characters far away as possible from the avengers related characters and black panther's world if you ask me.
    Last edited by mace11; 01-10-2019 at 01:22 AM.

Yeah let's forget about Monica and Gambit.....

Does anyone know how old Monica is?

Extraordinary Member

Edited above.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Yeah let's forget about Monica and Gambit.....

Does anyone know how old Monica is?
    Yeah let's move on.
    It's hard to say but i think she is in her 30's.

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Nipower888!!!

Storm & Captain Marvel

http://community.comicbookresources....=1#post1717598
    Have a GREAT and MARVELOUS day!

A Monica Rameau Retrospective circa her participation in ULTIMATES. Though calling it "Unfortunate and Obscure" seems like a mislead...
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-unfortun...eau-1726108988

Tribute Appreciation to artist Jordan Gibson's Monica redesign that finds its way into the odd alt-universe appearance here and there....

I can't wait for this new Avengers series featuring our number one lady! After the Ultimates (loved the series), I thought she would go to the ether like most of our beloved strong black female characters. Happy to see she's back on the Avengers! I really want to see her and Blue Marvel featured in more series (whether it's a team book, solos, team-ups w/other characters), they are literally a power couple and two of the strongest characters on Earth and the Marvel Universe.

Thanks for the updated thread. Has anyone come across Monica's personal hero logo? I saw something on Pinterest and sadly she wasn't even there..but Dic Druid is. 20190111_225659.jpg

Astonishing Member

Monica Rameau is great.
    I read recently the Amazing Spider-Man Annual story that have her first apearence.And Spider-Man was totally the secondary character in his own Annual story.Even with me being a Spider-Man fan i did not minded that at all.At least Spider-Man in that story got to be a secondary character in his own story to a great new character.
    Hoping to see more of Monica Rameau in upcoming Marvel comics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by EMPulse View Post
    Thanks for the updated thread. Has anyone come across Monica's personal hero logo? I saw something on Pinterest and sadly she wasn't even there..but Dic Druid is.
    idk where that one came from but it's missing a couple of avengers.

This one's more complete, and of a better quality from the website, so more official too.

http://www.komboh.com/work/the-avengers/

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EMPulse View Post
    Thanks for the updated thread. Has anyone come across Monica's personal hero logo? I saw something on Pinterest and sadly she wasn't even there..but Dic Druid is. 20190111_225659.jpg
    Monica is listed under "Captain Marvel" as that's the name that she had when she joined. "Ms. Marvel" is Carol, as that was her name when she joined. It stops at 2013, likely before Kamala was invited to join.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Ohh damn i didn't fact check. My bad. Thanks for the info.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

No big deal. It took me a second to realize that the symbols are in sequential order by join date. When I saw Cap before Hawkeye, Quicksilver amd Scarlet Witch, it hit me.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Alright, Mama Maria has her own Funko Pop before Monica. Hah. Here's hoping Monica will have hers soon.

Screenshot_20190113-165026_Chrome.jpg