Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    BANNED

The very first CAPTAIN MARVEL woman respected!!!

Caza Captain Marvel Monica Rambeau prelim

Caza Captain Marvel Monica Rambeau

The Captain is a Marvel!

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    To me, that respect has yet to be depicted in the comics and the cinema.
    I think Stern and Ewing showed that respect pretty well. Stern especially. He seemed to really love the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Which makes it confusing as to how she would place in future movies especially if Kamala is included too (and Feige has said Kamala will be appearing).

Still, it's a pretty sweet moment.

Child’s play (pun intended)
    Monica as a tween in “Captain Marvel” set in the 1980s gives us an adult character when Carol returns to the fray in the latter first quarter of the 2000s.
    Kamala Khan is a teen during that same “return of Carol” period and can be inspired by the resurgence of Captain Marvel. Perhaps Captain Marvel is an urban legend with a cult following ala Area 51 after her disappearance at the end of CM1...
    But in any case: NO conflict with both Monica and Kamala existing because Monica is a kid at *one* point in the story timeline.
    Maria Rambeau being a bff of Carol streamlines and nigh guarantees Monica being a player in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Child’s play (pun intended)
    Monica as a tween in “Captain Marvel” set in the 1980s gives us an adult character when Carol returns to the fray in the latter first quarter of the 2000s.
    Kamala Khan is a teen during that same “return of Carol” period and can be inspired by the resurgence of Captain Marvel. Perhaps Captain Marvel is an urban legend with a cult following ala Area 51 after her disappearance at the end of CM1...
    But in any case: NO conflict with both Monica and Kamala existing because Monica is a kid at *one* point in the story timeline.
    Maria Rambeau being a bff of Carol streamlines and nigh guarantees Monica being a player in the MCU.
    Yeah I think they're trying to milk the Captain Marvel movie franchise as much as possilbe as far as launching female heroes. By the time the second movie comes out (assuming there is one), we should get at least 3 out of it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post
    captain marvel blue marvel iron man spectrum vision war machine wonderman as my team 2
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Here a question. "While in human form should Monica regain the use of her Super-strength (10 tons) and dimension energy shunting abilities"?

Make it something like backup ability incase her energy powers are not working properly.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Caza Captain Marvel Monica Rambeau

The Captain is a Marvel!
    This is an awesome pic!
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Here a question. "While in human form should Monica regain the use of her Super-strength (10 tons) and dimension energy shunting abilities"?

Make it something like backup ability incase her energy powers are not working properly.
    If we're going with Ewing's interpretation, Monica no longer has a human form. She's some version of EM or other esoteric energy form. What we're seeing is her residual self imagery. As for strength, because she has the ability to convert her body into hard light and increase in size, in theory she is superhumanly strong as well.

Also in theory, Monica is a shape shifter. She has total recall, so she remembers exactly what other people look like, both externally and internally. If she wanted to, she could look like anyone. I'm really hoping that Ewing or someone else will play that up a bit more in her next series.

I always wanted Marvel to have a cosmic Swiss knife, like Martian Manhunter is to DC. Monica may very well be the closest thing to that, although she lacks psionic abilities...for now.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”

~James Baldwin

BANNED

What if monica's human form was trapped in the other dimension (which needs a name)?

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    If we're going with Ewing's interpretation, Monica no longer has a human form. She's some version of EM or other esoteric energy form. What we're seeing is her residual self imagery. As for strength, because she has the ability to convert her body into hard light and increase in size, in theory she is superhumanly strong as well.

Also in theory, Monica is a shape shifter. She has total recall, so she remembers exactly what other people look like, both externally and internally. If she wanted to, she could look like anyone. I'm really hoping that Ewing or someone else will play that up a bit more in her next series.

I always wanted Marvel to have a cosmic Swiss knife, like Martian Manhunter is to DC. Monica may very well be the closest thing to that, although she lacks psionic abilities...for now.
    she basically does have some mind stuff with turning herself into electricity and linking people up, reading minds, or taking people down that way.

Technically Monica and Living Laser get the powers from their same dimension. Writer have giving LL a limited form of telepathy, so I can see a writer giving Monica the samething.

I would assume Monica and LL's powers comes from the "Quantum Zone".
    RCO033.jpg
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 02-07-2019 at 10:54 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Monica was one of my first Marvel loves and I don't mean in the romantic sense but she was just so cool, even her father was awesome. I loved her costume, her hair, her personality. I don't like Mon with straight hair. iit just doesn't seem right. But I've always liked her (except Warren Ellis' version) and she is one of my favorite Marvel characters to boot. I was so psyched about her becoming the Avengers leader and then the book was hijacked and all of Sterns ideas for her were scrapped. Bah!

Spectacular Member

There is more to monica than we realize. If she is entirely composed of energy how is she replicating textures? I think her and Molecule man are more alike than different.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    A Monica Rameau Retrospective circa her participation in ULTIMATES. Though calling it "Unfortunate and Obscure" seems like a mislead...
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-unfortun...eau-1726108988

Tribute Appreciation to artist Jordan Gibson's Monica redesign that finds its way into the odd alt-universe appearance here and there....
    Hey, I love this modern take on her classic costume! I have been away from comics for a while and I need to get caught up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    What if monica's human form was trapped in the other dimension (which needs a name)?
    That's a possibility. I think Ewing implied that all of her human bits were converted into energy on this plane of existence. And there's no down converting back into flesh and bone. She isn't tapping into an extradimensional force or otherwise exchanging her human form for an energy form.

she basically does have some mind stuff with turning herself into electricity and linking people up, reading minds, or taking people down that way.
    The body and the brain operate on bio-electrical energy. In theory that's all psionic energy is -- a different wavelength, perhaps stronger form of bio-electrical energy. I would be perfectly fine with Monica being able to mimic psionic energy -- to read minds, and project her own thoughts into someone else's mind. That certainly sounds better than "Cosmic Awareness" explaining away some of her communicative feats while she is in some of her various EM forms. Plus, we already know that she can shut down the flow of electrical energy in another person's mind/body. Let's just equate that with psionic energy and be done with it.

But if they gave Monica even basic psionic abilities, people will flip out. There'd be no stopping her. Practically every battle with her would be PIS. (Even without psionic powers, I think that most of Monica's battles were she lost was PIS.)

~James Baldwin

BANNED

Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 02-07-2019 at 06:33 PM.