Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by EMPulse View Post
    Great article, I just wish Marvel would start acting like the first sentence of Monica's write up was true. She IS a pioneer and the company needs to start acting like it.

Here's another interesting article about our Lady of Light.

https://bleedingfool.com/comics/wher...onica-rambeau/

The first pic shows Captain Marvels(Marv and Carol)as well as Ms. Marvel. There is no Monica as CM II. What's up with that Marvel Comics?

Just finished No Road Home and while the issue was great I'm getting worried about Monica. We know someone is going to die and yes the obvious answer is Vision but between the actual issue and the character write ups in the back it really seems like they are trying to hammer home that Monica may be immortal and can't die.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Just finished No Road Home and while the issue was great I'm getting worried about Monica. We know someone is going to die and yes the obvious answer is Vision but between the actual issue and the character write ups in the back it really seems like they are trying to hammer home that Monica may be immortal and can't die.
    The fact that they are hammering home the issue of her being immortal simply means if she does die, there's already a backdoor to bring her back.

I found it funny that for an issue where she turns into electricity she is described as having the power to turn just into different forms of light
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    If Monica got her own movie what would it be about? As far I known she doesn't have much a mythos of her own to draw from Outside of the Avengers.

Who are her enemies/supporting cast?
    Moonstone. During her time with the MOE, Monica caused her to break her neck.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I found it funny that for an issue where she turns into electricity she is described as having the power to turn just into different forms of light
    Right.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 02-13-2019 at 04:41 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Read No Road Home #1 and I agree, doesn't bode well for Monica. Who btw spends it inside The Vision most of the comic smh. So I'm now 100% sure that face inside the Vision's mouth in issue #9 is Monica.

Screenshot_20190123-094317_Chrome.jpg

BANNED

even if she does die death in the marvel universe can bring an interesting arc for the character. Especially since they're probably going to play with the immortal aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I think she meant as in not dying of old age.

everything can die but death in Marvel is not really that serious.

they always come back.
    Last edited by GodThor; 02-14-2019 at 05:30 AM.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    I think she meant as in not dying of old age.

everything can die but death in Marvel is not really that serious.

they always come back.
    Well, not always. Otherwise, Mar-Vell would still be Captain Marvel and Carol would probably be Ms. Marvel, or something else. And Kamala would be named something else.

I'd never automatically assume that they'd bring back Monica, if they killed her off. Quite the opposite. They could kill Monica, but arrange it so that Monica and Adam have conceived, the embryo being saved and brought to term via surrogacy. Scarlet Witch offers to carry the baby to term. Wanda and Adam become close as a result, leaving some to speculate. A few months later Monica's child is born, a little girl, who grows up admiring Captain Marvel (Carol). Voila, the comic books begin to parallel the MCU...sort of.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 02-14-2019 at 10:04 AM.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Well, not always. Otherwise, Mar-Vell would still be Captain Marvel and Carol would probably be Ms. Marvel, or something else. And Kamala would be named something else.
    yeah, true but you know what I meant

I'd never automatically assume that they'd bring back Monica, if they killed her off. Quite the opposite. They could kill Monica, but arrange it so that Monica and Adam have conceived, the embryo being saved and brought to term via surrogacy. Scarlet Witch offers to carry the baby to term. Wanda and Adam become close as a result, leaving some to speculate. A few months later Monica's child is born, a little girl, who grows up admiring Captain Marvel (Carol). Voila, the comic books begin to parallel the MCU...sort of.
    you know, I really don't want any parallel to MCU.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    yeah, true but you know what I meant
    Yep, just being my usual curmudgeon-y self.

You know, I really don't want any parallel to MCU.
    That makes two of us. We'll strangle them if they try it!
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post

Odds are an adult Moncia will have more movie synergy than an infant one, since it's likely the MCU Monica will grow up the next time we see her. Unless it's one of those super hero babies which Kang kidnaps and returns as an adult later, or something like that.

BANNED

That's what the comicbook character Nathaniel Richards did with the comicbook character Franklin Richards in the 90's.