Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    BANNED

The very first CAPTAIN MARVEL woman respected!!!

Captain Marvel

by Lun-K

Spectacular Member

As a black guy from New Orleans, I always want to see Monica portrayed well. I mean very seldom you get a hero from here compared to New York or Los Angeles. I have yet to see the movie but from the sounds of it I will mainly be watching it for her character from the way people are talking about it. Them removing her father does rub me very wrong with it perpetuating the stereotype that black fathers are never around. In another movie I'm all for them retconning this origin for her to have both parents in her life being inspirations for her.

I want some Monica T-shirts. There need to be some T-shirts based on her already.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

If you're not reading Avengers: No Road Home, you should. Monica is showing up and showing out.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

I thought Monica turns into any Electromagnetic Spectrum. Alt cover #9 she looks like Storm here. �� She was dubbed Golden Avenger, not Electricity Queen or Lightning Lady.

Screenshot_20190318-160231_Chrome.jpg

I made a mistake and found out that Monica indeed used electricity and lighting in her repertoire.

Avengersmonica7-1.jpg

http://hudlinentertainment.com/smf/i...?topic=4156.75

Quote Originally Posted by EMPulse View Post
    I made a mistake and found out that Monica indeed used electricity and lighting in her repertoire.

Avengersmonica7-1.jpg

http://hudlinentertainment.com/smf/i...?topic=4156.75
    Turning into lightning was actually what ended up screwing Monica over and ending her first tenure with the Avengers back in the day. She hit Namors ex-wife with lighting, and ended up dispersing her atoms across the surface of the ocean.

So that's definately a trick she needs to be careful of if she's ever near large bodies of water.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Turning into lightning was actually what ended up screwing Monica over and ending her first tenure with the Avengers back in the day. She hit Namors ex-wife with lighting, and ended up dispersing her atoms across the surface of the ocean.

So that's definately a trick she needs to be careful of if she's ever near large bodies of water.
    she learned a lot more about herself and her powers since them, especially after meeting blue marvel.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I thought Monica turns into any Electromagnetic Spectrum. Alt cover #9 she looks like Storm here. �� She was dubbed Golden Avenger, not Electricity Queen or Lightning Lady.

Screenshot_20190318-160231_Chrome.jpg

Don't forget that the key word in Electromagnetic Spectrum is "electromagnetic." Think of lightning as fast moving electric currents that create and are also enveloped by magnetic fields. Hence the term electromagnetism. So yes, Monica can wield lightning, and she can perform feats that are connected to lightning's properties, like magnetize objects, generate plasma, blackbody radiation, EMPs and antimatter. The smarter the writer, the more incredible feats you'll see from Monica. Back in the day everyone thought Magneto was awesome because his power was thought to be proof of the hypothetical Unified Field Theory. Well, with Monica there's nothing hypothetical about it. She is that and more.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”

~James Baldwin

How could I forget about Marrina(damn it) ever since that incident, Monica has never been back as a regular team member in the main Avengers title, only as a guest.

Electromagnetic- like you said, it's in the name. Hi, I'm Dum-Dum. I do hope we get to see more different ways to showcase her abilities and I do believe Ewing is doing a great job with her as well as the artists.

I hope she gets movie synergy like Okoye. Time will tell.

I do hope we get to see more different ways to showcase her abilities and I do believe Ewing is doing a great job with her as well as the artists.
    I agree. I like how they used Monica as "neural electricity" to enter, read and re-create images from Scarlet Witch's mind. That is tantamount to being able to turn into psionic energy. (I've always thought that psionic energy was really just a heightened form of the normal electrical energies firing in our brains.) Just imagine the possibilities.

Maybe we've been looking at this all wrong. There are gods who have multiple names as a testament to their greatness. Perhaps that's how we should view Monica? If Monica does eventually learn to master psionic energy conversion, we'll have to give her another sobriquet. Photon, Spectrum, Captain Marvel, Aunt Monica ... none of these alone will be able to fully capture her capabilities.

~James Baldwin

Newly created Avengers as part of the team tend to have a very poor record of surviving past their creator's tenure for some reason.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Newly created Avengers as part of the team tend to have a very poor record of surviving past their creator's tenure for some reason.
    this goes for just team charas in general. remember the new x-men?

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Kind of goes hand in hand with the notion that characters at Marvel are either pets, limbo loungers, or sacrificial lambs.

~James Baldwin

BANNED

Hope it doesn't cross over into the MCU.