Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 LastLast
    BANNED

The very first CAPTAIN MARVEL woman respected!!!

Captain Marvel

by MarcusTheVisual

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I thnk you can argue that looking regal sort of fits Monica too. She's sort of like a goddess of the sun or something. New she sort of looks more like a private detective, or a reporter for the daily planet.
    she has been called a goddess, but in the way she carries herself she's a lot more down to earth, and she does have a proclivity to going in while I think charas like storm/scarlet witch who hang back and do more mage/casting based stuff are more suited. Like when storm became more physical as a fighter, she got a mohawk and ditched the winged cape.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Technically, Storm had a cape, not merely the demi-winged look. And she was the only one at the time who was given a cape and called a goddess on the X-Men, so it worked naturally. Monica's first costume is admittedly disco era-ish. But the trench is no better. Didn't everyone on the NextWave team have a trenchcoat? That alone pretty much tells you that it was meant to be a fashion trend, not a permanent mainstay look.

Given a choice, I'd ask for a complete new design for Monica and ditch both the wingpits and the trench coat. I'd also make sure that the colorist earned her/his salary and set aside the basic black and white look. Even if it's just adding a third color to the scheme. It's time for a new look that embraces her Spectrum namesake.

And yes, that means even the derivative Starlin star that she wears on her chest should go, especially now that Carol wears the star full time. I'm surprised no villain has clowned Monica yet for wearing that reworked emblem now that Carol is THE Captain Marvel. It looks like she couldn't afford the real thing, so her grandmother folded it over on itself and stitched together a patchwork emblem from spare fabric. Time to let it go. As long as it's not a Power Girl boob window, I'd probably be ok with whatever else they come up with. Not that I'd mind Monica showing some skin -- that would be a first for her -- but I'd prefer tasteful, not tongue in cheek.
    partly why I'm going for the black trenchcoat. Her suit in the nextwave was kinda boring with the brown coat and the white suit, but the black coat with the black and white suit was great.

but I can be open to a new redesign. The winged suit had one more minor issue, and that's monica is a laser. She doesn't glide, or her suit doesn't flutter in the wind, shes a laser, and the suit should be more streamlined to reflect that. This is also an issue with the trenchoat. Trenchoat is more suited to brawlers or wizard like character (imo like constantine)

I really enjoyed the emblem but I can see one wanting to break free from it, though I feel the black and white is a good look. Reminded me of diffraction patterns

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Captain Marvel

by MarcusTheVisual
    hey totally cool. wish she was in cartoons. She's never been yet, that's pretty sad.

Spider-Woman is wearing her original costume in the upcoming Avengers series.
    Strikeforce isn't an Avengers book.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    hey totally cool. wish she was in cartoons. She's never been yet, that's pretty sad.
    It's a shame Monica has not shown up in any of the cartoons, though at this point if she did it would be the damn kid version from the CM movie which would make me throw something through my TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    It's a shame Monica has not shown up in any of the cartoons, though at this point if she did it would be the damn kid version from the CM movie which would make me throw something through my TV.
    She was a kid in the 90's though... so any cartoon taking place in the current time period would have an adult Monica Which I think was sort of the point of showing her as a kid back then.

She was a kid in the 90's though... so any cartoon taking place in the current time period would have an adult Monica Which I think was sort of the point of showing her as a kid back then.
    Yeah she was a kid in the 90's in the movie but the Loeb era of cartoons take stupid liberties all the time. Even if they made a CM cartoon set in current day more likely than not they would have her as the kid version from the movie as that's what the kids know.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Strikeforce isn't an Avengers book.
    Technically true, although more than half of its members are Avengers so there is a certain level of connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Teen Spectrum/Photon, huh? Hmm. Not my preference, but if it happens, I guess we heard it here first, lol.

sidebar- wasn't Monica's future daughter (MC2 world) called BlackLight?

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    sidebar- wasn't Monica's future daughter (MC2 world) called BlackLight?
    Yes, in one timeline Monica and Derek Freeman have a daughter named Kandra. I suppose that's still on pace to happen in this timeline. We'll have to wait and see.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

As long as it's not a Power Girl boob window...
    Ok, maybe Monica could pull it off. But she's not Cardi B, she's "Miss Jackson, if you're nasty!" And this isn't the DC universe.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 06-18-2019 at 08:07 AM.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

This has probably been covered already, but anyone fell like Monica deserves a better code-name? Her last 2 have been so generic, they sound like names for a member of a b-rate super-villain team.

Maybe "Marvel Woman" or something?

She definitely deserves something better than just "Spectrum".

Any thoughts?
    Help a fellow fan out and check out my writing, please:
    My Cage comic strip:
    Re-Runs: https://www.webtoons.com/en/challeng...itle_no=539047
    New: https://www.patreon.com/mycage
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by edpower View Post
    This has probably been covered already, but anyone fell like Monica deserves a better code-name? Her last 2 have been so generic, they sound like names for a member of a b-rate super-villain team.

Maybe "Marvel Woman" or something?

She definitely deserves something better than just "Spectrum".

Any thoughts?
    I think she should just give up on code names and just call herself Monica Rambeu at this point.

Similar to Kitty Pryde, who like Monica a whole bunch of meaningless code names too (Sprite, Aerial, Shadowcat) when everyone just called her Kitty. Once you've had 3-4 names, names sort of become meaningless anyways.

I think she should just give up on code names and just call herself Monica Rambeu at this point.

Similar to Kitty Pryde, who like Monica a whole bunch of meaningless code names too (Sprite, Aerial, Shadowcat) when everyone just called her Kitty. Once you've had 3-4 names, names sort of become meaningless anyways.
    I have to agree, Monica doesn't need a codename. While I like Spectrum and think it's very fitting, for me she is Monica Rambeau.

BANNED

I think she could be used similar to say Falcon if she gets powers. They could be friends that team up in Carols movie. Butif Carol has been doing this since the 90s she clearly would be the older more experienced of the two. That could set up a sort of mentor relationship.
    To me, extremely off-putting.