Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031 LastLast
    BANNED

Doctor Strange

Scarlet Witch

and Captain Marvel

vs. Dracula!

Love Teyonah Parris and she totally has the look and acting skills for the role. Plus she already rocks the hair! Teyonah-Parris-Photo.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    Love Teyonah Parris and she totally has the look and acting skills for the role. Plus she already rocks the hair! Teyonah-Parris-Photo.jpg
    Agreed. Anybody think that Wanda Vision is where she gets her powers?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

I think I've seen somebody fancast her for Monica before

She definitely looks the part .
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    That's the only reason I can figure why she would even be in the series.

Ultimate Member

Seeing Carol's reaction to Monica with powers could be hilarious.

I can see her doing that combination thing with Vision like in No Road Home too. And her getting her powers in Wandavision will leave Captain Marvel 2 free to focus on Kamala's origin instead.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    How she gets her powers in the MCU matters almost as much as who they cast to portray her imho. If they make her derivative to Carol in any way, if Carol so much as breathes on her and gives her powers, I'll be deeply disappointed. Their are so many creative ways for her to get powers, even if we're shooting for a simple origin that a laymen audience can understand.

I know they're calling it WandaVision. But Spectrum-Vision sounds better. I think that's the next big thing after 16K Ultra HD, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She definitely looks the part .
    Yes, Ms. Parris absolutely does. Although if I'm being honest, after seeing Meagan Good in Shazam, a teenie tiny part of me is a little sad that she wasn't cast as Monica.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spectacular Member

Happy for Monica. Being in a series will allow her to devolp as a character. Plus thats Monica goodnes once a week. Disney just got my money

I’m excited for Monica and think the casting is spot on. Can’t wait to see what they do with her going forward (and I hope they don’t drag out giving her powers).

The thing with a title like Spectrum-Vision is that it removes Wanda from the title, and this is her story. Lol. The events of the series will work around her, and her actions. The likelihood is that Wanda will then spin off into Doctor Strange with Monica moving to Captain Marvel’s sequel. I’d be very surprised if Monica isn’t being set up for the next iteration of Avengers.

The casting is spot on but PLEASE don't have Carol be responsible for her getting her powers. No stupid blood transfusion or whatever. Do Monica justice and give her her own unique origin as to how she becomes Spectrum.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    The thing with a title like Spectrum-Vision is that it removes Wanda from the title, and this is her story. Lol.
    I know, that kind of goes to the point that I was making.

So far Monica is being portrayed as a background filler to other characters' stories, which runs contrary to her original introduction in the comics. Unfortunately, the disturbing trend in the comics was to make Monica a supporting character at some point, as opposed to the Prima or virtuosa that Stern envisioned. You're right, WandaVision is Wanda's and Vision's story with an oh-by-the-way incidental nod to Monica appearing in the production. I live for the day when Stern's original take on the character prevails. Monica should be a feature character in her own right. It shouldn't be this hard for the Lady of Light to see her name in lights....whatever that name happens to be.

Posting this here before MCU gets any wise ideas about giving Monica a costume similar to Carol's. Don't do it. Don't even think about it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Unfortunately, the disturbing trend in the comics was to make Monica a supporting character at some point, as opposed to the Prima or virtuosa that Stern envisioned.
    The point is pretty easy to see. It's right after Stern left. Or rather I should say was made to leave.