Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

My photo tribute to the Ultimates:

IMG_1646.jpg

Spectacular Member

When I started reading the Avengers, she was leading them and fighting Nebula!
    DD11A9C7-FBC6-47CB-A4DC-5BE62270A1A3.jpg

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Do you think we will see a release of her figure out of the boxset?
    PLEASE READ CLOAK & DAGGER IN SAVAGE AVENGERS!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. Marvel: Savage Avengers, She Hulk. Dynamite: Vampirella.
    Support Indie Comics: Coffin Comics, Lion Forge, and so much more!!!
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymousmc View Post
    My photo tribute to the Ultimates:

IMG_1646.jpg
    Aaah that is so SO rad!!! I hope she's released as a Walgreens figure or something one day.

Quote Originally Posted by EMPulse View Post
    Alright, Mama Maria has her own Funko Pop before Monica. Hah. Here's hoping Monica will have hers soon.

Attachment 76802
    is this on sale now?

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Skinny/svelte Monica or "thick; red beans and rice didn't miss her" Monica? Does anyone have a preference?
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

I actually would prefer Monica to be thick. Like drawn by Frank Cho levels of thickness.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I actually would prefer Monica to be thick. Like drawn by Frank Cho levels of thickness.
    I don't recall that mr. Cho has ever drawn Monica. Anybody know? I guess if someone has the money they can get him to do a commission. Could be very cool. preferably in the original costume.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I don't recall that mr. Cho has ever drawn Monica. Anybody know? I guess if someone has the money they can get him to do a commission. Could be very cool. preferably in the original costume.
    I don't think he has.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    He hasn't i just meant she would be thick like Frank Cho draws the ladies.

While sketching her the other day, I had a mental flashback to one of the Avengers story arcs where the writer posited that Monica had lost weight due to the fact that she had been in space for so long, or had lost body mass as a consequence of the Einsteinian conversion. Well, if Ewing is now saying that Monica may no longer have a human physical form -- and after the accident that gave her powers, probably never did -- that puts a whole new spin on things. Could it be that instead of losing weight, she was subconsciously creating a form for herself which she thought at some level that others found appealing? She went from Serena Williams to Taylor Swift pretty quickly. (Not that there's anything wrong with either figure.)

Anyway, I figured I'd play around with her getting her curves back ... and maybe adding a couple of inches in height to boot, so that she's maybe an inch or so shorter than She Hulk. The explanation? All of that antimatter merging she's been doing with Adam Brashear has its healthy side effects.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”

~James Baldwin

BANNED

i think it was the fact that she lost size because her energy form lost energy so her mind simply subconsciously created a hard-light version of her looking thinner.
    Like when she became emaciated after dispersing in the ocean.

I've always thought that everytime she uses her powers she loses body mass, that's the equivalent exchange. Before she would be in energy form and it taxed her mentally & physically. (Appearances before Av#293) After that they changed her power set and made her energy power physical. She got her Electromagnetic powers back from The Stranger and during Busiek/Perez run, she was 100% back in Avengers as she initially started.
    Ewings run on Ultimates2 led me to believe that bcuz her & her powers are getting stronger she's losing her physical human form, exchange is no longer equivalent.
    I just hope in No Road Home we see her kick as using her incredible energy powers.

I liked Ewing's take on her powers. She may have been human at first, but at this point in her development, she's pure electromagnetic spectral energy masquerading as human. Or perhaps something analogous to spectrum energy in our universe, but is really something entirely beyond that in its native dimension/time-space continuum. The more Monica uses her powers, the more the true attributes of that energy manifests in our dimension.

All idle musings of course. All it takes is for her next writer to show her getting cut and bleeding to undo everything and take Monica back to square one.

~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Skinny/svelte Monica or "thick; red beans and rice didn't miss her" Monica? Does anyone have a preference?
    She was based on Pam Grier so yeah thick