Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    The golden glow adds the warmth that Donna has been missing visually and with regard to characterization for quite some time.
    Accolades to the Artist!
    The golden glow doesn't bother me, so much, so long as it's not part of her costume...like black, with gold stars? Not working.

I also agree that Donna needs more opportunities to show her warm, nurturing den mother side. Again...I see Donna being the champion of a small, Rockwellian, American town, somewhere, surrounded by wholesome, Mayberryish or quirky, Twin-Peaksy characters. She needs a situation that showcases her best qualities, in an ongoing narrative.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 03-16-2019 at 09:44 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

While I can certainly see Donna doing that. I also really like the narrative they have built around her in the show...almost like a war photographer. I could see Donna traveling to areas in distress and helping along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    While I can certainly see Donna doing that. I also really like the narrative they have built around her in the show...almost like a war photographer. I could see Donna traveling to areas in distress and helping along the way.
    That would be interesting...a jet-setting, photojournalist Donna - like a high-end blogger, maybe? I'd read it.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    The golden glow doesn't bother me, so much, so long as it's not part of her costume...like black, with gold stars? Not working.

I also agree that Donna needs more opportunities to show her warm, nurturing den mother side. Again...I see Donna being the champion of a small, Rockwellian, American town, somewhere, surrounded by wholesome, Mayberryish or quirky, Twin-Peaksy characters. She needs a situation that showcases her best qualities, in an ongoing narrative.
    I like the idea of her personality being basically "normal person from a normal town, now with PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWERS!" So when she's not dressed as Troia she acts like an ordinary person would.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    That would be interesting...a jet-setting, photojournalist Donna - like a high-end blogger, maybe? I'd read it.
    that sounds like a batgirl in burnside

Appreciating the first TROIA era and the seldom seen Titans Powerset.

Appreciating the first TROIA era and the seldom seen Titans Powerset.

These are all very cool pics of Donna, which I have not seen. While I do not like the Troia period nor her hair/look as Troia, it was nice to see these past Donna moments.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I loved this era for Donna - but that costume is damn atrocious.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I loved this era for Donna - but that costume is damn atrocious.
    I think it'd be good if she had pants that are black and sparkly. It's what they added later, and I liked it then.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I think it'd be good if she had pants that are black and sparkly. It's what they added later, and I liked it then.
    From the Titans Who's Who entry of the Team Titans era, looks like the look was evolving in the pants direction but it never made it into continuity beyond that entry and a trading card IIRC.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 03-29-2019 at 04:29 AM.

I didn't much mind the George Perez designed Troia look when it debuted. The red and blue trim pushed it a bit too far into the "colorfully busy" arena. It clearly fell into the realm of "costumes that only look quite right when Perez draws them, however (see also Jericho, Kole, Nightwing etc).

It wasn't too dissimilar to Diana's look so they still felt related in a differently star-spangled way.
    The pared down color scheme that was shown during the de-goddessing of Troia may have been less offensive (and sort of match up to Diana's current sword and shield look).

I think even the most die-hard Perez fans thought Troia's new look was gaudy. Between the shoulder pads, skirt that didn't go all the way around, fish-net mesh on the bracelets and boots, there is a LOT going on. Had it been a bit more monochromatic, like the armor colored white/silver instead of yellow and the blue/red removed from the elbows and knee pads, it would have been a much better design. Even George had a redesign but, it never made it past a sketch. check out this image from Preze's art page.

tumblr_ljh28sBveJ1qdjc3to1_500.jpg

Donna looks great in black and silver!

I also love her Silvery Lasso of Persuasion that turns blue when in use.

Earth's Mightiest Heroes? That's supposed to be the Avengers!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Earth's Mightiest Heroes? That's supposed to be the Avengers!
    Hahaha, so true! But, ......maybe with Donna on your team, that makes your team the mightiest? She certainly looks powerful in those pics!