Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Donna Troy Appreciation 2019

Other Appreciation Threads were closed, starting new one. This thread is to celebrate the former Wonder Girl and original Teen Titan member, Donna Troy.

Donna has been getting more exposure lately with appearances on the Titans TV series, her leader status on Titans (taking over for Nightwing) and appearance on Heroes in Crisis #4 both homage cover and interview inside. Any thoughts on Donna's recent appearances or new status on Titans leader? Would anybody else like to see Donna back in the pages of Wonder Woman? For me, I'd love to see Diana at least comment on Donna's new status as leader of the Titans (Bats gave her the thumbs up).

I'm enjoying her depiction on Titans the t.v. series.

As she says there, she is older, smarter, and prettier.

Agreed. Love the Titans TV depiction. Feel like the producers really nailed that one and Conor Leslie is perfect casting! She portrays the character with such confidence and grace. I'm also glad to see Donna step up and take charge in the Titans book. Really glad to see two positive deceptions of the character.

Incredible Member

We still don't have Titans down under, but from all reports, the live action version of Donna Troy is the best AND clearest version of the character in MANY years.

As such, I would be very excited for DC Comics to (once again, for what, the 1,000th time), reboot Donna's origins and character to be more closely aligned to the Titans version. Although I have a slight personal preference for Donna to be the sole survivor of a shipwreck who washes up on the shore of Themyscira, I'm also mostly happy if Wonder Woman rescues her from a fire (obviously before Diana is aware of the legalities of "kidnapping" a minor and handing her off to be adopted by Hippolyta on the island).

And I would be eternally grateful if Wonder Woman actually had some kind of a loving, sisterly and mentor / mentee relationship with Donna Troy and Cassie Sandsmark once again - a relationship which was actually shown on the pages of a Wonder Woman comic book. Sure, they can have their arguments, but Donna and Cassie need to be firmly established as Wonder Woman's legacy characters and as important parts of the Wonder family. At the very least Donna Troy should be nearly as synonymous with Wonder Woman as Robin is to Batman and Supergirl is to Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    We still don't have Titans down under, but from all reports, the live action version of Donna Troy is the best AND clearest version of the character in MANY years.

As such, I would be very excited for DC Comics to (once again, for what, the 1,000th time), reboot Donna's origins and character to be more closely aligned to the Titans version. Although I have a slight personal preference for Donna to be the sole survivor of a shipwreck who washes up on the shore of Themyscira, I'm also mostly happy if Wonder Woman rescues her from a fire (obviously before Diana is aware of the legalities of "kidnapping" a minor and handing her off to be adopted by Hippolyta on the island).

And I would be eternally grateful if Wonder Woman actually had some kind of a loving, sisterly and mentor / mentee relationship with Donna Troy and Cassie Sandsmark once again - a relationship which was actually shown on the pages of a Wonder Woman comic book. Sure, they can have their arguments, but Donna and Cassie need to be firmly established as Wonder Woman's legacy characters and as important parts of the Wonder family. At the very least Donna Troy should be nearly as synonymous with Wonder Woman as Robin is to Batman and Supergirl is to Superman.
    I agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post

I quite agree.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/