Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Hunh, didn't know Omen was that old a character...
    Yes, she is.

I don't think Lilith went by "Omen" in the beginning, but I do remember her stating something about her powers being an omen, as she had pre-cog powers along with empathy and low-level TP.

She has gotten more powerful over time, but is an overlooked (Titans) character.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    So that new Wonder Woman trailer sure does make Donna look silly
    How? It isn't like Diana was doing anything that Donna was depicted as incapable of doing. Hell, she still needs to block bullets.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    How? It isn't like Diana was doing anything that Donna was depicted as incapable of doing. Hell, she still needs to block bullets.
    The lightning, specifically.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes, she is.

I don't think Lilith went by "Omen" in the beginning, but I do remember her stating something about her powers being an omen, as she had pre-cog powers along with empathy and low-level TP.

She has gotten more powerful over time, but is an overlooked (Titans) character.
    Did she always have demi-titan as an origin? *looks it up* Some stories have it that Thia is her mother, but other stories have it that her brother is Haze, who despite having similar powers is definitely not a son of Thia. Also, apparently the status as a daughter of Thia was actually a retcon(15 years after her introduction) with her starting out as a girl who grew up adopted, and didn't learn she was adopted until she read the minds of her adoptive parents. Being the sister of Haze came first. Bleah, hopefully if they write a new origin story it'll make sense.

Honestly her as a demi-titan felt weird since her powers are psionic and ONLY psionic.

Her as a sister to Donna would be fine IMO though.

I think in the beginning, Lilith did not know her past (or it was not told to us)- she was adopted. Her background came later as they built a little more around her, other than being adopted, which seemed to be a 60's/'70's thing.

I'm curious Donna's love life hasn't actually been stable has it?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I'm curious Donna's love life hasn't actually been stable has it?

Actually, Donna had a pretty stable love life throughout the 80s and partway into the 90s. Her love life hasn't been stable since the mid-90s when she joined the Darkstars (for whatever reason). Love him or loathe him, Terry Long was around for a decade as Donna's love.

More recently, her love life has been messy (and ill-advised in my opinion) but somewhat steady with Roy.

Didn't Donna have a fling with Kyle Rayner or were they just friends?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Didn't Donna have a fling with Kyle Rayner or were they just friends?
    They dated when she was a Darkstar, IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by JackBNimble View Post
    Agreed, she didn't have to die to become Troia.

But in the books, she has died twice and been transfigured/returned as a goddess both times. So maybe they're melding those two storylines a bit.
    In fact, didn't her run as Troia end because she died (in the Titans/Young Justice crossover that ended both books in 2003)? She was just Donna Troy, no codename, after she came back.

Quote Originally Posted by JackBNimble View Post
    Not sure how it compares to the other Infected/Secret Six one-shots, but Deathbringer didn't do much for me. It had more of a Titans focus than just on Donna. And, well, it's lackluster. None of the characters come across as competent or interesting. There's a rehash of Donna's convoluted history and no clear reason for why she was identified to be one of the Secret Six.

If you're a Donna fan, not worth the read.

And, on the whole, I'm tired of the Batman Who Laughs.
    There was another faux pas. No Kyle Rayner, no explanation for his absence. If you're going to have it focus on the team, don't have a member be not even mentioned!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    In fact, didn't her run as Troia end because she died (in the Titans/Young Justice crossover that ended both books in 2003)? She was just Donna Troy, no codename, after she came back.
    That is correct.