Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Artist Viktor Bogdanovic posted (and deleted) a cover showing an infected Donna Troy. As speculated, she's supposed to be one of the "secret six" twisted by the Batman who Laughs.

This is super cute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Artist Viktor Bogdanovic posted (and deleted) a cover showing an infected Donna Troy. As speculated, she's supposed to be one of the "secret six" twisted by the Batman who Laughs.

Just what we need...more evil and murderous Donna.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This is super cute.

These books such include the caption "Trash the Titans" to let readers know the contents are part of the character assassination arc.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This is super cute.

I'm not exactly happy about the whole secret six stuff but this cover does look awesome.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Nice update to the red costume.

Donna appears in Justice League 30 Doom War. She appears in the first few pages along with the other members of the Titans bracing for battle with Luthor and the Legion of Doom. In the preview, Superman deputizes her and many other heroes as League members. Sweet to see our girl, shield and sword in hand bracing for battle.

Extraordinary Member

Oh super here i thought it was sad people would not be able to find her in comics when she gonna have such a cool depiction comics
    but nah they gonna find her at her worst

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Oh super here i thought it was sad people would not be able to find her in comics when she gonna have such a cool depiction comics
    but nah they gonna find her at her worst
    DC is GREAT at doing this! They give us a really good Supergirl tv series and cancel her comic. We get a Wonder Woman movie and they put Robinson on the title. We get a really decent Titans tv show and they cancel their comic, kill half the team, change the rest to completely unrecognizable shadows of their former selves and then whine that tv and movies dont contribute to comic sales. Well MAYBE if they found something worth reading it might!

sorry...I shall put my soap box away now......

Extraordinary Member

Anonymous asked: why was it okay for donna to be in a relationship with a 36 year old professor. She was 19? Is it a generation gap that people 19-24 were much more mature then today, reading through TNTT they feel alot older then they should be

Oh, yeah! It was totally and definitely seen as a healthy relationship! When I first read these stories, my friends and I were always like, “Cool! Terry Long, that totally not icky professor abusing his power in the teacher/student relationship, gets four pages in the latest issue!” We would high five each other and be all, “Nineteen is so adult! I can’t wait to be nineteen so I can **** an ancient ************ in their thirties!” Sometimes we would go down to the arcade to play some Cloak and Dagger while sucking down some hot dogs and we’d be all, “We think everything we read in a comic book is okay! I can’t wait to be a grown ass assassin so I can **** an underage superhero! That must totally be okay because it was in this funny book!”

But seriously (which is a thing I like to say on the Internet after saying something facetious because I’m tired of having to answer follow up questions like, “You really dreamed of committing statutory rape while playing a shitty game based on a Henry Thomas movie?!”) I would like to blame Marv Wolfman’s age on how terribly he wrote teenagers. But I’ve written so many awesome Batgirl diary entries that totally sound like a young woman on the verge of getting some desperate dick that…oh wait. I just heard myself. I blame Marv Wolfman’s age.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Anonymous asked: why was it okay for donna to be in a relationship with a 36 year old professor. She was 19? Is it a generation gap that people 19-24 were much more mature then today, reading through TNTT they feel alot older then they should be

Oh, yeah! It was totally and definitely seen as a healthy relationship! When I first read these stories, my friends and I were always like, “Cool! Terry Long, that totally not icky professor abusing his power in the teacher/student relationship, gets four pages in the latest issue!” We would high five each other and be all, “Nineteen is so adult! I can’t wait to be nineteen so I can **** an ancient ************ in their thirties!” Sometimes we would go down to the arcade to play some Cloak and Dagger while sucking down some hot dogs and we’d be all, “We think everything we read in a comic book is okay! I can’t wait to be a grown ass assassin so I can **** an underage superhero! That must totally be okay because it was in this funny book!”

But seriously (which is a thing I like to say on the Internet after saying something facetious because I’m tired of having to answer follow up questions like, “You really dreamed of committing statutory rape while playing a shitty game based on a Henry Thomas movie?!”) I would like to blame Marv Wolfman’s age on how terribly he wrote teenagers. But I’ve written so many awesome Batgirl diary entries that totally sound like a young woman on the verge of getting some desperate dick that…oh wait. I just heard myself. I blame Marv Wolfman’s age.

Terry was 29 to her 19, not 36. And Donna was never his student - she did not attend college. Hate on Terry if you want - but hate on him for accurate reasons (seriously - what happened with Robert and the divorce is more than enough reason to hate him). And don't spread bad information about her having been his student.

Do people simialry hate on Sarah Charles for the 8-year-gap with Vic? Or for Bruce in 30s with his romatic attachment what may have been a 19-year-old Talia (admittedly, I only recently heard she was supposed to be that young and would have thought her early-to-mid 20s before)?

EDIT: I would agree that the NTT (except Gar) were typically written as very much adults, not kids. I really enjoyed that, and I thought it made sense for these characters, too (plus, of course, they are absolutely were legal adults). And it made sense for the team, as a team that they weren't junior leaguers, but heavy hitters. Mind you, I like teen teams where teens act like non-adults, too. Characters acting like non-adults past maybe 20 gets real old, real fast, though.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 08-24-2019 at 11:19 AM.

I think the relationship seemed creepy to many people because Terry was often drawn to look way older than he actually was.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I think the relationship seemed creepy to many people because Terry was often drawn to look way older than he actually was.
    I don't really see that. But then, frankly, I don't see age even on the characters who should have age on them in comics. I can see (pre-52) Dick and Bruce in the same panel and have to read dialog to know which is which (if no height/size give away), because they look the same age. I wonder how much of perceiving age on Terry now comes from his dated clothing and hair that we associate with older people now, even if we would not have in 1980. I know that happens with senior high photographs from the 1950s yearbooks and such. Guess I could read letters pages to see if people thought he looked older then...but I don't care enough to check.

Edit: Check out the graduates of veterinary school in 1980
    Last edited by Tzigone; 08-24-2019 at 11:27 AM.

The more I think about this the more I like it. It's basically an alt-u version.