Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 247
  1. #211
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    16,671

    Default

    Well, Roy isn't available right now. Died during Heroes in Crisis.

  2. #212
    Incredible Member Tzigone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, Roy isn't available right now. Died during Heroes in Crisis.
    Yeah, but who thinks that'll stick?

    Seriously, though, I meant in a ...not quite head-canon (not totally made up with no canonical basis), but something like it sense. Blurring together the different realities of pre-COIE, post-COIE, and post-Flashpoint.

  3. #213
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    1,228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, Roy isn't available right now. Died during Heroes in Crisis.
    He might be Leviathan. It wouldn't make sense but nothing DC has done with the Titans franchise lately has made sense.

  4. #214
    Incredible Member Tzigone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    He might be Leviathan. It wouldn't make sense but nothing DC has done with the Titans franchise lately has made sense.
    They've hated them for a long time, it seems. Go back to the fab five, and all their kids have been killed at one point or another. And then erased with reboot. Roy's dead, Wally's framing folk for murder, I heard something about Donna and the Batman who laughs, but that might have been speculation (Beast Boy, too? not sure, it runs together since I'm not reading the titles). Dick is Ric right now, but I still miss '80s and '90s Dick, and think a lot of later Dick (not all) is very inferior. Donna and her myriad of origins - is each really worse than the last? It seems like each is, but I also have a feeling I'm forgetting one. Is there one after the one right after Robert was killed and before New52? Is Garth okay right now?

  5. #215
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    1,228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    They've hated them for a long time, it seems. Go back to the fab five, and all their kids have been killed at one point or another. And then erased with reboot. Roy's dead, Wally's framing folk for murder, I heard something about Donna and the Batman who laughs, but that might have been speculation (Beast Boy, too? not sure, it runs together since I'm not reading the titles). Dick is Ric right now, but I still miss '80s and '90s Dick, and think a lot of later Dick (not all) is very inferior. Donna and her myriad of origins - is each really worse than the last? It seems like each is, but I also have a feeling I'm forgetting one. Is there one after the one right after Robert was killed and before New52? Is Garth okay right now?
    Donna is confirmed to be working for Batman Who Laughs and Beast Boy might be working for him too. Garth is fine. I doubt that anything will happen to him because he's basically the forgotten man of the Titans franchise.

  6. #216
    Incredible Member Tzigone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Donna is confirmed to be working for Batman Who Laughs and Beast Boy might be working for him too. Garth is fine. I doubt that anything will happen to him because he's basically the forgotten man of the Titans franchise.
    Too depressing. I'm almost ready for another universe reboot so all of this can never have happened. Much as I prefer Rebirth to original N52, I thought it was amazing that there would be another so quickly. If there was yet another ...three in 10 years, it's kind of absurd. And they'd only screw up someone else I like.

    responses older messages (reading further back on thread)
    Metal and Batman Who Laughs were mistakes.
    Read another old message on another thread earlier today, I saw someone call BML basically the ultimate expression of Batgod "This is a version of Batman who managed to kill of the justice league and proceed to conquer, not just the earth, but the galaxy/universe or whatever, to the point a cosmic entity took notice and plucked him out of his own universe so Batman could wreak havoc in other universes."

    I think he's to Joker-like and too Batgod like, and combining the two just irritates me. I mean, I guess it's a break from evil Supermen (who admittedly mostly show up in out-of-continuity/elseworld/etc. stuff), but really, I don't need any evil versions of heroes.

    As for Donna's outfits: I like the red one, and I like the black jumpsuits, so long as the v-neck one doesn't have a super low/exposing neckline.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 07-12-2019 at 06:56 PM.

  7. #217
    Astonishing Member marhawkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2,224

    Default

    I liked Kyle Rayner and donna, but that was a temp thing and he ended up with Sinestro's daughter instead.

    Her and Jason was pretty cool... but that was then.

  8. #218
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    SouthEast Tennessee
    Posts
    2,212

    Default

    Rebirth seemed to be putting things back on track and away from the grim and gritty that Didio insists on having things be, but then Johns took a demotion and Didio and Lee took back full control of the reigns. As such it seems anyone connected to the Fab5 of the Titans is doomed. I'm surprised they have dragged poor Donna out this long. She and Garth are the only ones left in more or less one piece.

  9. #219
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Rebirth seemed to be putting things back on track and away from the grim and gritty that Didio insists on having things be, but then Johns took a demotion and Didio and Lee took back full control of the reigns. As such it seems anyone connected to the Fab5 of the Titans is doomed. I'm surprised they have dragged poor Donna out this long. She and Garth are the only ones left in more or less one piece.
    I think her reception, from Titans helped that brief moment with the lasso was one of the shows highlights, in addition to ww just being Hot since the film. Is she with kyle rayner

  10. #220
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    870

    Default

    Honestly, I think the Wonder Woman series could only benefit by incorporating Donna into the stories more. Wonder Woman still suffers from lack of a good cast. Why not use someone who is part of the WW Family -- and has been around for decades?!

  11. #221
    Incredible Member Tzigone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Honestly, I think the Wonder Woman series could only benefit by incorporating Donna into the stories more. Wonder Woman still suffers from lack of a good cast. Why not use someone who is part of the WW Family -- and has been around for decades?!
    Might be good for Wonder Woman, but not so much for Donna. She goes from (at least as one point) one of the main characters in an ensemble to supporting character for someone else. It's a demotion. Plus, I'm very big on the second-gen heroes going out and doing their own thing and not being in the shadows of their mentors forever. Also, not inheriting mentor-titles, but forging their own.

  12. #222
    Stuck in Limbo again Red obin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,045

    Default

    Donna is defs one of the secret six. She's inn the DC nation preview, the pin up and the #1 preview. Same goes for Jaime.
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

    "Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

  13. #223
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    19,494

    Default



    by Gardenio Lima

    Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Might be good for Wonder Woman, but not so much for Donna. She goes from (at least as one point) one of the main characters in an ensemble to supporting character for someone else. It's a demotion. Plus, I'm very big on the second-gen heroes going out and doing their own thing and not being in the shadows of their mentors forever. Also, not inheriting mentor-titles, but forging their own.
    Given how the Titans series has used her as of late, it wouldn't matter if she's a main character or a supporting character.

  14. #224
    Incredible Member Tzigone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post


    by Gardenio Lima



    Given how the Titans series has used her as of late, it wouldn't matter if she's a main character or a supporting character.
    Not now, of course. But locking a previously main character into a supporting character role is not good for long-term potential. And, as I said, I have a philosophical objection to proteges remaining support staff forever, and never getting to shine on their own; always being subordinate. Not that Donna was ever really the same kind of sidekick/protege as Dick, Roy, Garth, or even Wally (who primarily worked alone, not with Barry). I'm very big on them getting their own code names, own identities, and own stories even if we don't get to see all those stories because of poor sales and canceled books.

  15. #225
    Mighty Member RealWonderman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,963

    Default

    All I can say is THANK THE GODS for Conor Leslie and the TITANS series where we get DONNA TROY aka WONDER GIRL perfectly personified, and in the red costume.

    https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/07/15/...ostume-reveal/

    Wonder Girl.jpg

    Wonder Girl 2.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RealWonderman; 07-23-2019 at 08:22 AM.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •