Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Very nice!

I like how they are very similar, yet are still different.

I think this would definitely work as a modernization of Donna's Wonder Girl look to match the WW movie aesthetic .

Found a mention about Donna from G Willow Wilson over on Twitter (finding stuff on Twitter is like going through a dumpster fire):

We'll see! If we can make the continuity issues work out, I would love to have her...
    My read is that there are no current plans, but Wilson is aware of Donna and ready to use her if DC lets her do so.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Found a mention about Donna from G Willow Wilson over on Twitter (finding stuff on Twitter is like going through a dumpster fire):

My read is that there are no current plans, but Wilson is aware of Donna and ready to use her if DC lets her do so.
    Thank you for spotting this!! I feel like Donna is ignored by many of the WW writers. Maybe because she's "owned" by Titans? Whatever the case, I'd love to see Donna, Cassie and Artemis in the pages of WW. She has a supporting cast other than Etta, Steve and the gods.

Quote Originally Posted by donnafan View Post
    Thank you for spotting this!! I feel like Donna is ignored by many of the WW writers. Maybe because she's "owned" by Titans? Whatever the case, I'd love to see Donna, Cassie and Artemis in the pages of WW. She has a supporting cast other than Etta, Steve and the gods.
    Ask Azzarello, where Diana doesn't even have Etta or Steve as supporting cast…

I any case, from the various hints from various writers, I think DC editorial are rather protective of their various side characters, and require explicit clearing with them for any use of characters from outside any particular office. To some degree I can understand such an attitude (you don't want writers trampling all over each other), but at the same time this is something that should be handled with as little friction as possible for the writers.

This is VERY upsetting. UGH "what could have been"

https://www.comicsbeat.com/10-astrou...iere-episodes/

Interestingly according to producer Greg Weisman, during a Q&A,Donna Troy was intended to appear in the first two seasons of Young Justice but those plans were derailed for various reasons.

EARLY, early on, Donna was one of our leading candidates for Season One. This was before we had even narrowed things down very much. And BEFORE any true decisions were made, we were informed by our DC Liasons that both Wonder Girls were off-limits for legal reasons that were never explained to us. (So don’t ask me.) So neither Wonder Girl was seriously considered. Then Geoff Johns came aboard and made both Wonder Girls available. Unfortunately, by that time, it was flat out too late to include Donna. So we decided we’d put Cassie in Season Two. And have Donna be one of the characters who joined and left the Team during the timeskip, and cameo her in Season Two. Unfortunately, for reasons reported fairly accurately from ASK GREG LIVE, we were unable to cameo either Troia or Mary at Rocket’s bridal shower because there just wasn’t time for Phil Bourassa to design FOUR new characters, i.e. the two girls in both their civilian and super-hero costumes. Had they appeared in “Satisfaction”, then they would have also had cameos in “Endgame”, since their designs would already have been completed. But since they didn’t appear in the earlier episode, we weren’t able to get them at all. This is a sadness to me. But there are realities of production that we’re all subject to.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Donna Troy in Wonder Woman Vol 3 #27 (2006)

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

Donna Troy in Wonder Woman Vol 3 #27 (2006)
    "You wear the symbol of Amazon. Act like one. An Amazon grieves after her duty is done."

You know, I keep hearing how continuity wise Donna's origin is...confusing/complicated/a mess. Can anyone explain why to me?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    You know, I keep hearing how continuity wise Donna's origin is...confusing/complicated/a mess. Can anyone explain why to me?
    I THINK...Currently, in the comics, she was created as a weapon to destroy Diana, and then given false memories of being saved in a fire. She was part of the original Teen Titans, and the Titans teams. (corrections welcome if this is wrong?)

In the TV Show, she was rescued from a fire by Diana and raised on Themyscira, trained by the Amazons, and was a sidekick to Diana, and worked with Dick Grayson's Robin.

In the TV Show, she was rescued from a fire by Diana and raised on Themyscira, trained by the Amazons, and was a sidekick to Diana, and worked with Dick Grayson's Robin.[/QUOTE]

That's the origin I want back. I wouldn't mind if Donna washed ashore on the Island.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    In the TV Show, she was rescued from a fire by Diana and raised on Themyscira, trained by the Amazons, and was a sidekick to Diana, and worked with Dick Grayson's Robin.
    That's the origin I want back. I wouldn't mind if Donna washed ashore on the Island.[/QUOTE]

totally agree

100% agree. Don't care how many retcons/continuity mess they make of Donna's origins, I still consider her Diana's younger sister. I would also like to see Donna powered up and flying again.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Donna Troy has her OWN Continuity Snarl page over on TVTropes. Part of this all the retcons, part I guess because she is not under control of the Wonder Woman editors, so whenever something is changed with Wonder Woman's backstory it is very likely to break Donna's backstory as well.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Donna's Origin-O-Rama...

Origin #1: Rescued as a baby from a burning building by Diana, Wonder Woman and brought to Paradise Island to be trained and raised by the Amazons. Becomes Wonder Girl as a teenager and follows in Diana's footsteps.

Origin #2: Rescued by the goddess Thia from a burning building and brought to New Chronus to be raised by the Titan gods and trained to take their place one day. Returned to Earth and becomes Wonder Girl because. (Origin retconned because Diana was no longer around at the time of Donna's need to be rescued due to the new origin brought about by the Crisis On Infinite Earths. Connection between the two was minimal.)

Origin #3: Created by a spell from the clay that Queen Hippolyta was turned into on Themyscira. Created to forcefully take the thrown from Diana and kill any opposition starting with the male children of the Amazons who had been recently returned to the island. After slaughtering the men, Donna led an attack on the rest of the Amazons but was defeated and imprisoned on Olympus. (Later it was revealed that the Amazons who created Donna never actually existed and were part of a charm placed on Diana. Donna's origin was never rectified and still stands that she was created by rebellious Amazons to kill Diana.)

I have left out several I am sure, but these are the three major origins that Donna has had.