Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223 LastLast

There is a Rumor that Donna is the one to die on the Titans TV show. I will be so pissed if it is true.
    Richard Alexander

All-New Member

I will be too and will drop the show if they do that

On another note. If we ever get Donna in the movie at some point. Who would you pick to play her ?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by wallywest View Post
    I will be too and will drop the show if they do that
    Hopefully she does not die after the secret six, she seems expendable becasue Wonder Woman jsut doesnt care

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Does Wonder Woman even care?
    Apparently not. Based on previews Diana is dedicating herself to saving Kara. Donna WAS her sidekick/sister at one point, so you'd think Diana would prioritize rescuing her. The only characters who got turned by Batman Who Laughs that aren't expendable are Supergirl, Gordon and maybe Blue Beetle.
    Last edited by king81992; 11-23-2019 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Apparently not. Based on previews Diana is dedicating herself to saving Kara. Donna WAS her sidekick/sister at one point, so you'd think Diana would prioritize rescuing her. The only characters who got turned by Batman Who Laughs that aren't expendable are Supergirl, Gordon and maybe Blue Beetle.
    I wonder if the current status is that Donna comes from a different timeline and the current timeline WW doesn't know her.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I wonder what origin she's gonna have this time? I have to say I'm really not of a fan of her being a newbie hero when Dick is already Nightwing.
    Donna ISNT a big surprise...
    She was already introduced in the the Films at the End of the Titans Movie as "replacement" for Terra.

BIGGER surprises are SUPERBOY and its this WALLACE WEST?? The one between Superboy and Raven.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I wonder if the current status is that Donna comes from a different timeline and the current timeline WW doesn't know her.
    we know thats not true from the Annual

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    No. Her origin is still from New 52.

Spectacular Member

While I was not a fan of Devin Grayson's run on Titans (despite loving her short story featuring Dick and Donna), knowing she was hampered by the Comics Code (of all things) for depicting something like this makes me feel a bit more positively about her.

Quote Originally Posted by JackBNimble View Post
    While I was not a fan of Devin Grayson's run on Titans (despite loving her short story featuring Dick and Donna), knowing she was hampered by the Comics Code (of all things) for depicting something like this makes me feel a bit more positively about her.
    What was she hampered from depicting?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What was she hampered from depicting?
    Among other things, Grayson was hampered in depicting Donna having pleasure from her "hook up" with Roy. My take on the article in CBR and writer was that she wanted to depict women in equal footing as men. It was OK, for example, to have woman in comics depicted with over-exaggerated anatomy and skimpy outfits but, not OK to have a line like "that felt good." The quote from the writer was that she felt hampered by the code.

I wasn't a huge fan of the relationship at that time, mostly because before this Titans run, Donna quit being a Darkstar and had no powers. She was running around in the GL book as Kyle's girlfriend. So annoying. Then, in Titans when she hooked up with Roy, it felt like Donna was typecast as someone's girlfriend again. She's an Amazon and a powerhouse. But, it seemed like all writers around that time could mostly see her as was a love interest. Maybe it was the writer's way of playing up the interpersonal drama in the storylines? IDK. I will say that Donna did have some highlights during this Titan's run, the Roy hook up was not one of them.

https://www.cbr.com/titans-donna-tro...s-code-censor/

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by donnafan View Post
    Among other things, Grayson was hampered in depicting Donna having pleasure from her "hook up" with Roy. My take on the article in CBR and writer was that she wanted to depict women in equal footing as men. It was OK, for example, to have woman in comics depicted with over-exaggerated anatomy and skimpy outfits but, not OK to have a line like "that felt good." The quote from the writer was that she felt hampered by the code.

I wasn't a huge fan of the relationship at that time, mostly because before this Titans run, Donna quit being a Darkstar and had no powers. She was running around in the GL book as Kyle's girlfriend. So annoying. Then, in Titans when she hooked up with Roy, it felt like Donna was typecast as someone's girlfriend again. She's an Amazon and a powerhouse. But, it seemed like all writers around that time could mostly see her as was a love interest. Maybe it was the writer's way of playing up the interpersonal drama in the storylines? IDK. I will say that Donna did have some highlights during this Titan's run, the Roy hook up was not one of them.

https://www.cbr.com/titans-donna-tro...s-code-censor/

I was one of those fans that liked the idea of Donna and Kyle getting together (at the time). I haven't re-read those stories, so I don't know how well they aged. But, from what I remember, she chose to date Kyle because she liked him, she thought he was cute, she thought he was a good guy, she thought there might be something there.... Y'know, like a normal reason for dating someone.

I was not a fan of Donna and Roy getting together simply because it was such a weird reason. Despite the clunky-ness of it all, Byrne had set her up to be Diana's avatar/doppelganger/mystic twin sister in Wonder Woman. Then in the Titan's run, Devin Grayson gave her all these complexes and self-doubt (how much was Greyson and how much was editorial, who knows). If I recall correctly, she hooked up with Roy simply because she was acting out against what "Wally thought of her" or something like that. Blech.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by JackBNimble View Post
    does anyone remember when donna got her black suit? I know she had in the 1999 Titans series.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by wallywest View Post
    does anyone remember when donna got her black suit? I know she had in the 1999 Titans series.
    After her third retcon origin