Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

I like Conor Leslie's Donna but that neckline is horrendous.

Titans and the Go clip up thread make me ship her and Dick but Kyle worked well too. He's my favorite out of everyone she's dated.

What do you think of the darkening of Donna with Dark Angel, the tainted clay origin after which she murdered all the men on Themyscira, the evil alternate future Donna out to kill Titans, has any of it worked? I'd like it all retconned to be the machinations of her "son" Lord Chaos.

WW DT LORD CHAOS 2.jpg

It fits with his name and we could get back our wholesome girl next door but still have drama.

Ah, Team Titans, the books that (for story reasons)only worked as a mini series, but had a pretty compelling story. Of course part of the reason the story was compelling is how thoroughly it subverted the concept of a hero team. What are their motives? how is their motive heroic? Interesting stuff.

I did previously think that having the "guided weapon" origin as inserted memories could be a way to keep drama while having her original origin. Maybe explore her alchoholism by her family having an intervention and her going into AA.

Donna Troy AKA Troia was included in Young Justice Outsiders ep 19 "Elder Wisdom". There was a short scene where Donna is communicating with her sister Diana, who is still out in space. We saw a little bit of Donna in action; however, most the action featured the YJ characters. Too bad. Would have liked to see more of Donna in action.
    D5D92115-038B-4159-BB37-F80015741894.jpg
    Last edited by donnafan; 07-24-2019 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I like Conor Leslie's Donna but that neckline is horrendous.

Titans and the Go clip up thread make me ship her and Dick but Kyle worked well too. He's my favorite out of everyone she's dated.

What do you think of the darkening of Donna with Dark Angel, the tainted clay origin after which she murdered all the men on Themyscira, the evil alternate future Donna out to kill Titans, has any of it worked? I'd like it all retconned to be the machinations of her "son" Lord Chaos.

WW DT LORD CHAOS 2.jpg

It fits with his name and we could get back our wholesome girl next door but still have drama.
    I'm a fan of Donna and Kyle too... they seemed the most authentic together as a supercouple and not forced like some of Kyle's other love interests. I'd get back to that romance again if I was a writer and the editorial offices would allow it. He's an artist (illustrator) and she's an artist (photographer) in some versions of the characters, so I'd kind of find their civilian lives intertwined with their professional lives and their superhero lives fascinating.

I'm down with Dark Angel being a foe specifically for Donna (alongside Mammoth and Perfection), but I've reimagined how Dark Angel factors into Donna's origin because I don't think (and/or I don't like) Byrne's origin for her or how that origin has been manipulated or retconned over time to explain how she came into being. My POV is it just doesn't work because every manipulation and retcon and change takes Donna a step further away from who she is/was when Wolfman and Perez introduced her and developed her in TNTT. Her latter characterizations have never rung true to me.

But, I'm also a huge fan of the character, so it bugs me that Donna is out there, but unreadable to me, because she's not the one, true Donna (OTD).

I think I've posted it in this and other threads before, but if I were writing the character, in my reboot of the Wonder mythos, Donna would return to being a kid/tween saved by Diana in an adventure in Patriarch's World and brought back to Paradise to be adopted and raised by Hippolyta and the Amazons prior to joining the first incarnation of the Teen Titans and having their adventures together.

She might have some trauma from the event Diana rescues her from, but the love of Diana, Hippolyta, and the Amazons also helps heal her and has her grow into the young, optimistic, friendly, loving, giving friend and sister we grew to love so many years ago. To me, Donna is a superhero that's not forged in trauma and despair, but one who's forged in happiness and love - innate qualities she already possessed, but ones that get amplified and intensified by her time spent with family on Paradise Island.

Regardless, I'll echo what I usually end my posts in this discussion with: "SAVE DONNA TROY!"

Quote Originally Posted by donnafan View Post
    Donna Troy AKA Troia was included in Young Justice Outsiders ep 19 "Elder Wisdom". There was a short scene where Donna is communicating with her sister Diana, who is still out in space. We saw a little bit of Donna in action; however, most the action featured the YJ characters. Too bad. Would have liked to see more of Donna in action.
    D5D92115-038B-4159-BB37-F80015741894.jpg
    It's an interesting take on her costume. I'm glad they're incorporating Donna a little bit since usually the Titans media takes forgo including her as a member.

by Lyra Walters

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

by Lyra Walters
    Serene and gorgeous looking Donna .

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Titans Season 2 teaser:

I love this Donna Troy! She and Dick were the best parts of the show last season, which i enjoyed.

This makes me really want to see Gal and Conor together for a pic or something...In Costume.
    Richard Alexander

Perfect Perfect Donna Troy Wonder Girl!
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Love this new Titans look. Really excited for season 2.