Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

The Fab 5 in the 1960's cartoon. Before all of this licensing garbage ruined the chance for Donna/Wonder Girl to appear in other cartoons and other media for decades. I'm assuming this has been resolved since Donna is now showing up in DC Titans animated features and Teen Titans Go!

Any thought's on a comic version of the Best Friends Forever short and teaming up Donna Troy, Batgirl and Supergirl?

Quote Originally Posted by donnafan View Post
    Any thought's on a comic version of the Best Friends Forever short and teaming up Donna Troy, Batgirl and Supergirl?
    I'd rather have a Donna, Nightwing, and Supergirl comic. As the next in line proteges to the big three, I've always wanted to see them interact, and see what makes them different from Diana, Clark and Bruce.
    Richard Alexander

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    I'd rather have a Donna, Nightwing, and Supergirl comic. As the next in line proteges to the big three, I've always wanted to see them interact, and see what makes them different from Diana, Clark and Bruce.
    Supergirl is not next line Jon is, their even the same age now lol

Yeah, Kara's still school age - both she and Jon are around 17 years old.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

All very nice Donnas!

I read somewhere that the woman in the last pic is George Perez's niece (one of my favorite Donna cosplay pics). Absolutely beautiful!

Extraordinary Member

People really like the red

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    People really like the red
    Donna's red jumpsuit was debuted in 1969 and was her costume spanning almost 2 decades through the very popular New Teen Titans in the 80s. It is arguably, the character's most recognizable costume. Artists/writers have failed over the years to put her back into the red jumpsuit after the switch to the starfield suit. I personally love the red look with yellow stars and would like to see her wearing a version of this because I think it pops.

She has that look in Doomsday Clock.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by donnafan View Post
    The Fab 5 in the 1960's cartoon. Before all of this licensing garbage ruined the chance for Donna/Wonder Girl to appear in other cartoons and other media for decades. I'm assuming this has been resolved since Donna is now showing up in DC Titans animated features and Teen Titans Go!
    I recall the Superman and Batman episodes from my early youth, but never saw the JLA or Teen Titans episodes. It's interesting that Wonder Girl made her TV debut ahead of Wonder Woman (who debuted on The Brady Kids a few years later).

Random Donna thoughts:

Poor Donna; she's been screwed over with so many origins. I'm one who doesn't go for her first one as Donna in TT (because WW should not be around when she and Dick are that age, IMO, because I like the trinity all premiering quickly, and Robin soon enough after). But it's a timing issue for me, not a bad-story issue, and nothing that has come after it has ever been decent, IMO. I'm working on my own headcanon origin for her, just for fun.

Poor Terry. He wasn't my favorite character, but he was okay (yes, he was dating woman 10 years younger, but she was an adult, and age the gap between Vic and Sarah Charles was almost as large) pre-Crisis. Supportive, etc. Post-Crisis an inability to do his job popped up, but at least it was foreshadowed a bit earlier by his ex's complaining. But he seemingly got character-assassinated when they decided to reboot Donna (with a truly horrific background), he got made horrible. There was absolutely nothing in his previous appearances that I read that would have him act that way. However, I quit read Titans shortly after cast changeup in 1991, so missed a few years, and maybe his slide was adequately developed. The follow up of her child dying - yech. Terrible creative decision, IMO. And set a sad precedent for the rest of the fab five.

Oh, and Convergence
    Lian Kory.jpg
    We got Lian back! But the scene just makes me think of Robert so much, and I know Donna must be, and I want him back too.

I have looked for fic where Robert comes back from the dead, but no joy. If anyone knows anything good, point me in the right direction. I'm even willing to accept an evil Terry who faked their deaths so he could have full custody of both his kids. Just something where she gets hims back. Though, obviously, in canon I'd have preferred he never died.

I haven't read much recent stuff with her, I admit. The de-aging of that generation is a major problem with me in N52. I know some of their history is being brought back now, but I'm really unclear on how much and on the timing. I have read where she appeared in some '90s and '00s comics. Wound up seeing the issue where she and Roy broke up, and that was tarnishing to both their characters, IMO. Then I realized it was Devin Grayson - already don't like her work on Nightwing, and don't like that she made Jim Gordon sleep with his brother's wife. I've heard good things about her work with the Titans, but I'm too gun-shy of her to read it.

What's a popular ship for her (preferably one with some sort of canonical basis)? I think she and Roy could theoretically work well, but haven't really read it (similar feelings about Roy and Kory). As I said, no Devin Grayson, and I really didn't care much for '70s Teen Titans, so have only read a little there, and haven't read new stuff because I just can't handle Roy with no Lian at this point. I did read her with Kyle. It wasn't bad, but the timing screamed "rebound" so hard (even if the text in the issues I read did not) that I couldn't really get behind them. And it ended soon.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 07-10-2019 at 05:45 PM.