Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

Donna Troy in Wonder Woman Vol 3 #27 (2006)
    Donna looks really good. That black star-field costume looks tight.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Donna's Origin-O-Rama...

Origin #1: Rescued as a baby from a burning building by Diana, Wonder Woman and brought to Paradise Island to be trained and raised by the Amazons. Becomes Wonder Girl as a teenager and follows in Diana's footsteps.

Origin #2: Rescued by the goddess Thia from a burning building and brought to New Chronus to be raised by the Titan gods and trained to take their place one day. Returned to Earth and becomes Wonder Girl because. (Origin retconned because Diana was no longer around at the time of Donna's need to be rescued due to the new origin brought about by the Crisis On Infinite Earths. Connection between the two was minimal.)

Origin #3: Created by a spell from the clay that Queen Hippolyta was turned into on Themyscira. Created to forcefully take the thrown from Diana and kill any opposition starting with the male children of the Amazons who had been recently returned to the island. After slaughtering the men, Donna led an attack on the rest of the Amazons but was defeated and imprisoned on Olympus. (Later it was revealed that the Amazons who created Donna never actually existed and were part of a charm placed on Diana. Donna's origin was never rectified and still stands that she was created by rebellious Amazons to kill Diana.)

I have left out several I am sure, but these are the three major origins that Donna has had.
    Origin 3 was mentioned in the Rebirth Titans Annual. Wasn't that AFTER Wonder Woman's New 52 backstory was already retconned?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Origin 3 was mentioned in the Rebirth Titans Annual. Wasn't that AFTER Wonder Woman's New 52 backstory was already retconned?
    Yes, but it's still mostly canon somehow. It also had major effects on Donna's character for the rest of the run.

Okay, so it sounds like most of the trouble is because the WW editorial doesn't have control over Donna despite the obvious fact she's connected to Wonder Woman. Why is that? Who's in charge of Donna?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Okay, so it sounds like most of the trouble is because the WW editorial doesn't have control over Donna despite the obvious fact she's connected to Wonder Woman. Why is that? Who's in charge of Donna?
    Whoever is in charge of the Titans books. Dunno how or if that can be changed outside of a "we're not currently using her in any Titans books".

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Which is often the problem, Titans editorial seemingly makes no effort to work with WW editors to make anything work.

Which is often the problem, Titans editorial seemingly makes no effort to work with WW editors to make anything work.
    There are no WW editors. I think Wonder Woman is folded into the Batman editors workspace.

I would have assumed both the WW book and the Titans book are both under the JL editorial office. There isn't a WW editorial group like LordUltimus said.

The problem is that Abnett has been writing Donna based off the Finch's WW run version of the character since Titans Hunt, and his whole run with the character in Titans is built on that clay Amazon weapon origin. Rucka retconned it all away with Rebirth, but he didn't fix Donna's character and so Abnett has been just continuing with the Finch version despite it making no sense. Not only that he continues to build on it making it make less and less sense. It is a complete mess. Like it is Abnett's biggest ongoing story point in Titans now because Donna is the only character that is still on the team from the start.

But Donna has always been much more of a Titans character than a WW character. So it isn't a surprise that the WW book doesn't care about her or her situation and just leaves the Titans to do their own thing with the character.
    Last edited by Badou; 02-15-2019 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    There are no WW editors. I think Wonder Woman is folded into the Batman editors workspace.
    By that logic, there are no editors for Flash, the Titans, Justice League, the Green Lanterns, or anything else but possibly Batman and Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    By that logic, there are no editors for Flash, the Titans, Justice League, the Green Lanterns, or anything else but possibly Batman and Superman.
    WW does have editors, she just doesnt have her own office as it were. She was under the Super office during New 52, moved to the Bat office during Rebirth. Not sure if she is still there or under the JL office now.

WW does have editors, she just doesnt have her own office as it were. She was under the Super office during New 52, moved to the Bat office during Rebirth. Not sure if she is still there or under the JL office now.
    Thanks, must have misunderstood.

I thought Batman was her editors? I mean why would there still be a mess. I don't think there give her the right editors. The editors are suppose to make sure that the character and continuity is support to make sure it's somewhat smooth. Every time she gets a new writer they go back to square one. So far thankfully rebirth has not done that. The only thing is if the clay origin is back how is Zeus being her father suppose to be retconed? How is Jason suppose to be retcon?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I thought Batman was her editors? I mean why would there still be a mess. I don't think there give her the right editors. The editors are suppose to make sure that the character and continuity is support to make sure it's somewhat smooth. Every time she gets a new writer they go back to square one. So far thankfully rebirth has not done that. The only thing is if the clay origin is back how is Zeus being her father suppose to be retconed? How is Jason suppose to be retcon?
    The clay origin is Donna's now, not Diana's, she is the daughter of Zeus. Rebirth did not reset everything. The only thing it did was make the Amazons and island of Azzarello's run an illusion. Which should have reset Donna's origin, but has not yet.

So reading all that, I get the gist of the problem is - 1. Wonder Woman has editors, but not an office, which apparently she really needs and deserves. 2. Donna is under the Titans office, if there is one, or just under the control of the Titans editors. 3. The Titans team apparently doesn't collaborate, consult, acknowledge, or speak to any of the WW editors, which just seems kind of unprofessional to me that the teams don't work together for a more seamless universe. 4. The Wonder Woman editors and writers also share blame for not taking Donna into account whenever they do reboots, leaving the Titans team to either use previous origins for Donna or make something up. 5. Which is compounded by the fact that as the only long term Titan on the team right now, the current author keeps expanding on the status caused by the origin despite it no longer making since with current Wonder Woman canon (cannon? I always get those two confused). 6. Basically, in a nutshell, this could all be avoided if people actually communicate with each other more often.

Did I get that right?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    So reading all that, I get the gist of the problem is - 1. Wonder Woman has editors, but not an office, which apparently she really needs and deserves. 2. Donna is under the Titans office, if there is one, or just under the control of the Titans editors. 3. The Titans team apparently doesn't collaborate, consult, acknowledge, or speak to any of the WW editors, which just seems kind of unprofessional to me that the teams don't work together for a more seamless universe. 4. The Wonder Woman editors and writers also share blame for not taking Donna into account whenever they do reboots, leaving the Titans team to either use previous origins for Donna or make something up. 5. Which is compounded by the fact that as the only long term Titan on the team right now, the current author keeps expanding on the status caused by the origin despite it no longer making since with current Wonder Woman canon (cannon? I always get those two confused). 6. Basically, in a nutshell, this could all be avoided if people actually communicate with each other more often.

Did I get that right?
    That's about the gist of it, yes.