Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    So reading all that, I get the gist of the problem is - 1. Wonder Woman has editors, but not an office, which apparently she really needs and deserves. 2. Donna is under the Titans office, if there is one, or just under the control of the Titans editors. 3. The Titans team apparently doesn't collaborate, consult, acknowledge, or speak to any of the WW editors, which just seems kind of unprofessional to me that the teams don't work together for a more seamless universe. 4. The Wonder Woman editors and writers also share blame for not taking Donna into account whenever they do reboots, leaving the Titans team to either use previous origins for Donna or make something up. 5. Which is compounded by the fact that as the only long term Titan on the team right now, the current author keeps expanding on the status caused by the origin despite it no longer making since with current Wonder Woman canon (cannon? I always get those two confused). 6. Basically, in a nutshell, this could all be avoided if people actually communicate with each other more often.

Did I get that right?
    Sadly, yes. It also gives DC a tool to get rid of the universally hated created-to-destroy Diana origin, but nobody will act on it.

The Finch origin CAN'T have happened, at least as we saw it. Reason? It happened on a return visit of Diana to Themiscyra, which based on Rebirth can only have been a false memory. Diana has never been able to return. Therefore Donna's current origin, as WE saw it, can not have happened that way.

It would be so easy to return Donna to the least confusing #1 origin by having Diana realize "oh that was a false memory", and retelling a version of the adopted Amazon origin. Now Donna isn't a WMD. She can have heart again. And overcome all the troubling angst caused by her mere existence. But sadly DC doesn't seem interested in prioritizing this. Sooo….we'll be stuck with drunk self-loathing Donna until another reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    Sadly, yes. It also gives DC a tool to get rid of the universally hated created-to-destroy Diana origin, but nobody will act on it.

The Finch origin CAN'T have happened, at least as we saw it. Reason? It happened on a return visit of Diana to Themiscyra, which based on Rebirth can only have been a false memory. Diana has never been able to return. Therefore Donna's current origin, as WE saw it, can not have happened that way.

It would be so easy to return Donna to the least confusing #1 origin by having Diana realize "oh that was a false memory", and retelling a version of the adopted Amazon origin. Now Donna isn't a WMD. She can have heart again. And overcome all the troubling angst caused by her mere existence. But sadly DC doesn't seem interested in prioritizing this. Sooo….we'll be stuck with drunk self-loathing Donna until another reboot.
    The FInch origin doesn't technically exist, a least in it's complete state...

The Titans annual sort of glossed over the fine points, whilst keeping an essence of the idea-- Instead of "created from Hippolyta's statue and a spell to take the throne of Themiscyra and destroy the male Amazons and WW", it's "created as a weapon to destroy Diana-- but the Amazons stopped her before that cold happen, and implanted false memories in her to think she was Diana's adopted sister)

So still "created as a weapon" and the clay stuff was referenced. But not in any detail. And that's about all of the Finch bits that were kept. The rest was tacked on by the Titans writer...

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    The FInch origin doesn't technically exist, a least in it's complete state...

The Titans annual sort of glossed over the fine points, whilst keeping an essence of the idea-- Instead of "created from Hippolyta's statue and a spell to take the throne of Themiscyra and destroy the male Amazons and WW", it's "created as a weapon to destroy Diana-- but the Amazons stopped her before that cold happen, and implanted false memories in her to think she was Diana's adopted sister)

So still "created as a weapon" and the clay stuff was referenced. But not in any detail. And that's about all of the Finch bits that were kept. The rest was tacked on by the Titans writer...
    Which still doesn't make sense as Astro@work stated due to the fact Diana has never been able to revisit the island since her initial departure and therefore, couldn't have been present to implant any memories. Not visiting the island was my least-liked part of Rucka's retelling of WW Year One storyline. But, I digress... At this point, with the risk that writers will keep flubbing up Donna's origin, I think writers should just move on and focus on her characterization and get her back into the WW book, please. Here's hoping Donna's hard-drinking days are done...

Quote Originally Posted by donnafan View Post
    Which still doesn't make sense as Astro@work stated due to the fact Diana has never been able to revisit the island since her initial departure and therefore, couldn't have been present to implant any memories. Not visiting the island was my least-liked part of Rucka's retelling of WW Year One storyline. But, I digress... At this point, with the risk that writers will keep flubbing up Donna's origin, I think writers should just move on and focus on her characterization and get her back into the WW book, please. Here's hoping Donna's hard-drinking days are done...
    I think Donna could be interesting as a recovering alchoholic.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I thought Batman was her editors? I mean why would there still be a mess. I don't think there give her the right editors. The editors are suppose to make sure that the character and continuity is support to make sure it's somewhat smooth. Every time she gets a new writer they go back to square one. So far thankfully rebirth has not done that. The only thing is if the clay origin is back how is Zeus being her father suppose to be retconed? How is Jason suppose to be retcon?
    Well...in the movie, the clay origin featured magical animation of the clay, by Zeus. Perhaps, that's how they'll explain Diana's origin and Jason's, as well, ..if he's still out there, guarding [Was it...?] the Dark Dimension. With Diana off in Man's World, requiring Donna to be without her around, this is an opportunity for some clever writer to plug Donna's Bronze Age 'girl saved from a disaster' origin, back in.

Maybe, Diana disappeared shortly after saving Donna from a disaster - fire, shipwreck, volcano, etc.

As you said, Donna and the other Titans are still under editorial control of the Bat-shop.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by donnafan View Post
    ... Maybe it happened before she left the island in the first place ^_^ Something a rogue god came up with to destroy Diana and he Amazons...

I'm not saying it's great. at all. Just that the essence of the origin remained, without going into too many of the horrible nu52 details.

So AMAZING!

SAVE DONNA TROY!

Doomsday Clock #9

Doesn't that costume date back to before she gave up the Wonder Girl mantle?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Doomsday Clock #9

Yes. I mean, Donna went from Wonder Girl in the Red Costume to Troia in the Star-field costume. No non-costume period in-between that I am aware.

Yay Big Barda, Donna Wonder Girl and Mera!
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 03-05-2019 at 02:08 PM.

There's a ton of heroes in the full preview.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

There's a ton of heroes in the full preview.
    Seems like DC is shipping Donna into space to travel with Cyborg,Starfire and the Green Lanterns.

I'll be honest. I think this is probably the best illustration of the current costume I have ever seen.
    Doomsday Clock #9

Uh...welcome back Donna as Wonder Girl ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'll be honest. I think this is probably the best illustration of the current costume I have ever seen.

Uh...
    I like it but I don't like the Golden glow nor the Golden lasso. The lasso is supposed to be blue and I think a blue glow would look better with the black and silver.