Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 77
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    18,324

    Default Punisher Season 2



    Teaser and release date (January 18th).

  2. #2
    Fantastic Member OpaqueGiraffe17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    321

    Default

    Seeing as this is obviously already cancelled, I’m skipping this one. Season 1 ended on a satisfying note with no real loose ends. Also why is Jigsaw still handsome?

  3. #3

    Default

    I'm watching it because I enjoyed the first season and Daredevil season 2. As for Jigsaw, I think most of the damage was to his mind. He probably thinks that his face was ruined.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 01-03-2019 at 04:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Because its fun, not as fun as the liberal meltdown but close
    11/10/2016

  4. #4
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Also why is Jigsaw still handsome?
    https://comb.io/h3LnnO

    I wanted Mary Ann on "Gilligan's Island" ugly, not Cornelius on "The Planet of Apes" ugly. TV ugly, not... ugly ugly.

  5. #5
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    8,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Seeing as this is obviously already cancelled, I’m skipping this one. Season 1 ended on a satisfying note with no real loose ends. Also why is Jigsaw still handsome?
    Do you stop watching shows once they announce an ending? That seems silly.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  6. #6
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Do you stop watching shows once they announce an ending? That seems silly.
    In fairness, it could end on a cliffhanger :P

  7. #7
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,440

    Default

    I imagine this ends similar to the way S1 ends. Provides a satisfying ending but leaves room for more to come.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    18,324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Also why is Jigsaw still handsome?
    Someone referred me to this article as to why Jigsaw doesn't look so deformed.

    https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...arred-villains

  9. #9
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Someone referred me to this article as to why Jigsaw doesn't look so deformed.

    https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...arred-villains
    That's the BFI. I don't think it would have any relevance on what a Netflix series does or doesn't do. Still, a very interesting article. But if we go down that route it opens some pretty dangerous floodgates. A black person can't be a villain because it is racist. A woman can't be a villain because it is sexist etc.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    That's the BFI. I don't think it would have any relevance on what a Netflix series does or doesn't do. Still, a very interesting article. But if we go down that route it opens some pretty dangerous floodgates. A black person can't be a villain because it is racist.
    not if the hero is black

    Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    A woman can't be a villain because it is sexist etc.
    not if the hero is a woman
    Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Because its fun, not as fun as the liberal meltdown but close
    11/10/2016

  11. #11
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    8,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    In fairness, it could end on a cliffhanger :P
    Yeah ... I hope not!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  12. #12
    Pro Mutant Anarchist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,696

    Default

    Billy looks far too handsome.

  13. #13
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    8,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Billy looks far too handsome.
    spoilers:

    Rumor has it Frank fucks up his face again and Jigsaw kills himself afterwards.
    end of spoilers
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  14. #14
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    5,792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    not if the hero is black



    not if the hero is a woman
    So we can only have black and female villains if the hero is the same race and gender?

  15. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    18,324

    Default

    When it comes to black and female villains, how racist and sexist they are depends on how they are written and tge story surrounding them. With deformed villains, their deformities tend to be used as a shorthand for their evil.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •